2015-16 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
DLR McCarron Scherbak !:handclap::yo:

You called it, at least for 1 shift

I think Sly read your post ;)

McCaron is a RW.He is playing now as a center but he could play rw...

Good point, but I would rather see him continue at center. If he is the best prospect when they need a RW I'm sure they would put him there for the Habs to break into the NHL

Last edited by a moderator:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
1-0 for Binghampton...

Edi: 1-1 Holloway from McCarron.

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Against this Ottawa team why don't they sub Eisenschim for Nielson????

Did Crisp and Gregoire look good on their fight?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good news, if they can only play Fucale more often I'll be happy. I don't see the benefit for the organisation to play Tokarski most games.

Getting in the playoffs, enabling young players to get in some valuable po experience, for once?

Fucale needs time with the goalie coach to work on his technique, he already played 2 billions games in the last few years.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Tokarski has been good. The defense have been pretty awful in their own end. Kind of to be expected with Hanley in the top 4.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
As if we lose 5-4 in O.T after leading 4-2. That just sucks!

Ahhh the learning curve for such a young team. The positive is the got 1 point that could mean something later in the season as they push for the playoffs.

leafylou

Oct 18, 2015
Tokarski has been good. The defense have been pretty awful in their own end. Kind of to be expected with Hanley in the top 4.

I didn't like Tokarski tonight especially on the first goal of the game by Greening shorthaded and really especially on the game winner in OT when the Binghamton forward jammed it between Tokarskis foot and the post.
But the defence overall wasn't too good, especially in the third when they coughed up a 4-2 lead with 10 minutes left.

Really liked Dumont ... and Andrighetto was pretty good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see this.... i'm seeing McCarron on the 2nd line with Carr and Thomas, no?

it was kind of a joke from our earlier discussion on the lines.

You called it, at least for 1 shift

I think Sly read your post

He wouldn't read mine after all the names I've called him since the time when he kept putting Mayer in net over Tok. :nod::laugh:

I hope Tokarski isn't pulling a sulking act because he got sent down :help:

I wouldn't say that, he's played well for the most part but it's a very young and inexperienced D in front of him as well as a very young team overall. This was brought up over the summer that while we should see a better offense the inexperienced D was going to be a big concern and the goaltending would likely be taking a hit from last years team so a bit of a double whammy. Will be interesting to see how they bounce back tomorrow.

Htchnc

Jul 10, 2015
St. John's, NL
I didn't like Tokarski tonight especially on the first goal of the game by Greening shorthaded and really especially on the game winner in OT when the Binghamton forward jammed it between Tokarskis foot and the post.
But the defence overall wasn't too good, especially in the third when they coughed up a 4-2 lead with 10 minutes left.

Really liked Dumont ... and Andrighetto was pretty good.

Tokarski let in three soft goals tonight but the team played well until halfway through the third period. It looked like they went into a defensive mode and started backing off allowing Baby Sens to keep coming at them. On the third goal against referees missed a blatant trip that affected defensive coverage.

Tonight I will get a chance to see Lefebvre's decision making. Sens started to push us around and challenge our guys from second period on. Dumont had to fight twice as well as Crisp. We need Neilson inserted into the lineup to see if he can deter our smaller guys from getting challenged. Let's see if that will happen!

Holloway has been playing really well and seems to be the spark when he is on the ice. When McCarron fills out and adds 10-20 lbs he is going to be a force. As others have mentioned it is important to get him some playoff experience to aid his development.

I know the defence is young but they are playing a lot better than I expected and are moving the puck out of our end really well.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Tokarski let in three soft goals tonight but the team played well until halfway through the third period. It looked like they went into a defensive mode and started backing off allowing Baby Sens to keep coming at them. On the third goal against referees missed a blatant trip that affected defensive coverage.

Tonight I will get a chance to see Lefebvre's decision making. Sens started to push us around and challenge our guys from second period on. Dumont had to fight twice as well as Crisp. We need Neilson inserted into the lineup to see if he can deter our smaller guys from getting challenged. Let's see if that will happen!

Holloway has been playing really well and seems to be the spark when he is on the ice. When McCarron fills out and adds 10-20 lbs he is going to be a force. As others have mentioned it is important to get him some playoff experience to aid his development.

I know the defence is young but they are playing a lot better than I expected and are moving the puck out of our end really well.

thanks for the report. do you think Holloway's game could translate to the bigs?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
This team will go no where unless they pick up a goaltender. Toks and Fucale will not see the NHL. I've seen all the games so far and they are both very shaky. Fucale was a waste of a high pick.

I have zero confidence in their goaltending.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
This team will go no where unless they pick up a goaltender. Toks and Fucale will not see the NHL. I've seen all the games so far and they are both very shaky. Fucale was a waste of a high pick.

I don't think they will be adding another goalie this season. Tokarski has proven he is a good AHL goalie. 2 years ago Tokarski was the main reason the bulldogs were winning games. They might have even made the playoffs if they played Tokarski in most of the games (ask montreal about that :) )

I thought Fucale played okay. If you watched Fucale last year you might even say he played great in his first AHL. I think he will be starting today so we will get another look at him.
You know not only did the Habs want Fucale, but Team Canada had him 2 times and Quebec traded for him. There are hockey people that like what they see in his game to be in demand like that.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
thanks for the report. do you think Holloway's game could translate to the bigs?

I've seen every game so far, Holloway has been their best player, but hard to say how he would do in the NHL. Perhaps we'll find out at some point this year as he should be one of the first call ups if they need a winger.

I don't know if Tok will ever see the NHL again or not, if the NHL expands that could help his chances at least. Fucale I'm willing to wait and see how working with top goalie coaches over the next few years will do for him. Maybe he pans out maybe he doesn't. Several of us said going into this season the strength would be the offense and the weaknesses would be the young defense and goaltending. Ellis on the top pairing, 2nd year pro Bennett and rookie Lernout on the 2nd pairing, Hanley's a 2nd year pro (aside from 18 games after his NCAA career ended), that's a very young and inexperienced D that is going to put pressure on the goaltending.

Tok was likely Hamilton's MVP 2 years ago, so I don't think he's a major problem. Granted his confidence has likely taken a big hit since he was the starter in Hamilton and they may have had a better D in front of him then. Fucale it will be interesting to see what kind of season he has and if they keep him as the backup if he struggles or send him to the ECHL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tokarski is a good goalie at the AHL level, his career stats there are real solid. I don't think there's any need to panic at the moment . As it's been noted by others, this is a young D that's still finding it's groove. The talent level has already been much higher by all accounts this season, which is all that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad