2015-16 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Bozon and Eisenschmid should go on the ECHL as well IMO.

Andrighetto-Hudon-Holloway
Carr-McCarron-Thomas
DLR-Dumont-Scherbak
Crisp-Gregoire-Nielson
McNally

Barberio-Ellis
Bennett-Lernout
Hanley-Dietz
Jonhston-Thrower

Tokarski
Fucale

What will happen when Bournival is sent down? where do you play him?

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015

Carr-McCarron-Thomas
DLR-Dumont-Scherbak
Crisp-Gregoire-Nielson
McNally

Barberio-Ellis
Bennett-Lernout
Hanley-Dietz
Jonhston-Thrower

Tokarski
Fucale

DLR or Dumont on the fourth line?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Carr-McCarron-Thomas
DLR-Dumont-Scherbak
Crisp-Gregoire-Nielson
McNally

Barberio-Ellis
Bennett-Lernout
Hanley-Dietz
Jonhston-Thrower

Tokarski
Fucale

Bournival in Dumont's spot would by my guess, Dumont moves down and Gregoire to RW. If McNally is healthy he should play over Neilson.

Hanley Dietz is the 2nd pairing, Bennett-Lernout the 3rd.

Why would you send Bozon in the ECHL?

so he can play every day.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Bournival in Dumont's spot would by my guess, Dumont moves down and Gregoire to RW. If McNally is healthy he should play over Neilson.

Hanley Dietz is the 2nd pairing, Bennett-Lernout the 3rd.

so he can play every day.

First time in years we have some legit (or at least semi-legit) prospect in the ECHL due to our depth. We're in position to trade B-prospect (Ghetto,Dietz, Bournival, Thomas etc.) for help now and still have depth in the AHL, which wasn't really the case before.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
To be honest didn't no much about Bud Holloway before but after watching him this season I have been impressed. I hope he continues his success.

Last edited:

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
According to Beast twitter account, MacMillan, Didier, Fournier, Micelli, and Brown all playing tonight.

Interesting to see how they do.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he's not playing because he's hurt(shoulder) IMO he's too good for the ECHL.

yes he's currently injured but he said he only expected to be out 2-3 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago that he got injured. There's no room for him in the top 9 as he's not going to play over Ghetto, Carr or DLR. They could play him on the 4th line but they don't play as much so they might want him to play more unless they send Crisp down.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Went to the home-opener for the Beast yesterday:

Travis Brown was the best defenseman in the game. Quick and agile skater. Solid puck-mover. Defensive game wasn't too shabby as well. Scored a goal with a hard shot from the point. Definitely wouldn't look out of place in the AHL.

Mark MacMillian played an effective defensively. Was very aggressive on PK which worked in his favor. Took key defensive-zone faceoffs.

Stefan Fournier is strong along the boards with the puck. Had a few good chances. Almost got into a scrap with Alex Carrier (who's one of the better fighters in the ECHL).

Overall, good performances from the prospects. Was a very entertaining high-scoring game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Went to the home-opener for the Beast yesterday:

Travis Brown was the best defenseman in the game. Quick and agile skater. Solid puck-mover. Defensive game wasn't too shabby as well. Scored a goal with a hard shot from the point. Definitely wouldn't look out of place in the AHL.

Mark MacMillian played an effective defensively. Was very aggressive on PK which worked in his favor. Took key defensive-zone faceoffs.

Stefan Fournier is strong along the boards with the puck. Had a few good chances. Almost got into a scrap with Alex Carrier (who's one of the better fighters in the ECHL).

Overall, good performances from the prospects. Was a very entertaining high-scoring game.

thanks. Did you happen to notice Didier as well? Saw that he scored in his first game which is funny since he's not someone you expect offense from. MacMillan was playing his first game since March when he had a major knee injury so it's good to hear he played well as I would expect some rust. He's good on the PK as he's smart and uses his good speed/skating to help him cover ground. Don't know much about Brown but good to hear.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I know it's early but I have to ask because I didn't watch the games. Is Tokarski bad in the AHL? Zucale's numbers seem to be way ahead of him. Again, it's early but I'm wondering if it's bad luck or Tokarski is really out of it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know it's early but I have to ask because I didn't watch the games. Is Tokarski bad in the AHL? Zucale's numbers seem to be way ahead of him. Again, it's early but I'm wondering if it's bad luck or Tokarski is really out of it.

Fucale's 2 starts he's been good for the most part, but has also looked a little shaky at times. Tok has been solid in some games and not so solid in others. They have a very young blueline and it's going to cause problems for any goalie.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Revenge time. Last time they played Bridgeport they got spanked 6-1, But to be fair it was 1-1 going into the 3rd and the whole team fell apart. I am expecting more energy tonight.
Fucale starting...
Go Caps Go

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Carr on the backhand from Thomas and Fucale 1-0.

Edit: 1-1 now, McCarron got a cheap penalty call, they scored on the PP.

2-1 now, Thomas from Dietz. Ice Caps with 2 goals on 3 shots so far this game.

3-2 now, Hudon puts one home. From Holloway and Barberio

Last edited:

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Fucale's 2 starts he's been good for the most part, but has also looked a little shaky at times. Tok has been solid in some games and not so solid in others. They have a very young blueline and it's going to cause problems for any goalie.
Fucale=1e star of the game in his second.40 saves.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Revenge time. Last time they played Bridgeport they got spanked 6-1, But to be fair it was 1-1 going into the 3rd and the whole team fell apart. I am expecting more energy tonight.
Fucale starting...
Go Caps Go

Going well so far:
1. STJ Carr, (3) (Thomas, Fucale), 1:39
1. BRI Kearns, (4) (Whitney, Pulock), 5:53 (PP)
1. STJ Thomas, (4) (Dietz), 9:10
1. BRI Mayfield, (2) (Halmo, Quine), 15:08
1. STJ Hudon, (2) (Holloway, Barberio), 17:21
2. STJ Scherbak, (1) (Barberio, de la Rose), 8:28
2. STJ Holloway, (4) (Hudon, Dietz), 15:50

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
I can't help but mention that both Habs and IceCaps currently lead their respective leagues in the standings.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011

Revenge who knows ,was 1-1 after 1 in bridgeport

All i see is a home team in St.John's that can take advantage of our home Ice, Since the St.John's Fog Devils of the QMJHL with 25 home wins in 05-06

watching Moose now ill finish after

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
During the IceCaps game they said that Timmins said if there was 8 rounds in the draft last summer they would have picked Eisenschmid as they really like him and were glad that he signed an AHL contract. I haven't really noticed too much of him so far but he's on the 4th line and they don't get a lot of action.

Congrats to Scherbak on his first goal, not a pretty one but good to see him get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad