WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleDouble*

I think Dal Colle defintely plays over Virtanen, Crouse, PEtan and Fabbri.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like to see Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen and Domi-Reinhart-Duclair as the top 2 lines.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Based on these lines I would guess Dickinson, Chartier and Heatherington are on the outside looking in.

Looks like it, I always tend to value the older players than the young ones so I'd say Dickinson over Crouse but if the kid has played that well and impressed the staff then he deserves to be on the team.

Crouse impressed me when Kingston was in Mississauga but didn't think he was that far ahead in developmental process. always thought next year would be year for him to make team and contribute.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Still lots of time for changes, but I dislike those forward lines. I don't see Petan, as a playaking centre, being a good fit to play on McDavid's wing. I would rather see Petan centre another offensive line.

Agreed

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Petan-Point

If those they have those 3 lines to work with it'll be hard for any team to choose which line to play their "shutdown" line against.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Still lots of time for changes, but I dislike those forward lines. I don't see Petan, as a playaking centre, being a good fit to play on McDavid's wing. I would rather see Petan centre another offensive line.

If McDavid and Fabbri are playing together, they need a very smart and responsible player with them who can maintain space and structure in all zones. Petan is a very intelligent and responsible player. He'll be able to quickly read and react to what McDavid and Fabbri are doing, and also plays a terrific defensive game. I think that's why the coaches are trying him with those two at this point.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Agreed

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Petan-Point

If those they have those 3 lines to work with it'll be hard for any team to choose which line to play their "shutdown" line against.

These are the lines I had in mind as well.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Domi Reinhart Duclair
Fabbri McDavid Virtanen
Ritchie Lazar Point
Dal Colle Horvat Petan
Gauthier

Nurse Theodore
Morin Bowey
Morrissey Fleury
Hicketts

Fucale
Comrie

Apparently word is there's still a chance the two in the NHL are loaned, so with them in the lineup this roster looks quite impeccable to say the least.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Lines at Practice Today

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Petan-McDavid-Fabbri
Ritchie-Paul-Point
Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Dickinson-Chartier

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Bowey
Morrissey-Fleury
Heatherington-Hicketts

Very interesting, Benoit Groulx looks like he really wants to have a big heavy line. First tried Ritchie-Gauthier-Virtanen, now Crouse is in the LW spot there. Although I think having a more offensive minded center centering Virtanen will be a much better use of him. The top 2 lines look real good though.

Yes, agreed. If Groulx is modelling this line off the Getzlaf-Perry-Benn line from 2014, he's forgetting that Getzlaf is one of the top playmakers in the world that can significantly improve the games of his linemates and Gauthier, well...isn't. This line would be an elite possession line, in theory, but they could probably get more out of Virtanen if they paired him up with a playmaking center. I'd drop Point down with Crouse & Gauthier on a 4th line, which would introduce a good offensive dimension to that line without sacrificing much in defensive play.

I'm hoping they cut Ritchie. Discipline is obviously the issue with him, and we've gotten ourselves in trouble in the past with guys like Jenner who cross the line at this level of competition and with IIHF refereeing. I'm fairly indifferent as to who the other forward cut is, but its shaping up as someone from the Chartier/Dickinson/Paul group. I'd lean towards cutting Chartier, just to maintain Dickinson's versatility in the forward group and Paul's size/defensive play if they do end up cutting Ritchie.

VeyforSelke

Jul 4, 2011
Victoria, BC
Official, no Horvat :(

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning confirmed today that Bo Horvat will remain on the Canucks roster and not be loaned to Team Canada for the World Junior Championship. Horvat has recorded five points (1-4-5) and six penalty minutes in 17 NHL games.

“Bo Horvat has proven he can contribute to the success of the Vancouver Canucks,†said Benning. “He is a solid two-way player, strong in the faceoff circle and displays a maturity beyond his years. We’re very pleased with Bo’s play and look forward to watching him develop as an NHL player.â€

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I think it was a terrible move to only bring two tenders to camp. I think you need to invite 3 possibly 4 just to build the competition and no one gets comfortable that way.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Petan-Point

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
No Horvat sucks but I think this team is strong enough down the middle where it won't be a significant loss. If Lazar is released I'd try him with Fabbri and McDavid and put Virtanen with MDC and Petan. That gives us 3 strong scoring lines.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
With Smith out long-term and Neil/Michalek day-to-day I expect Lazar will stay with the Sens, which is unfortunate because he's clearly not ready and he could gain a lot of confidence by being sent down to play for his country.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Anyone have any idea what the practice/scrimmage schedule might be like in St Cahtarines this week?

I'll go watch and get an idea of the players maybe post some recaps on here if people would like that

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Paul over Dickinson would be a big mistake.

because dickinson is still with Dallas? Whoever makes it will most likely be playing on the 4th line so hardly a "big" mistake. Right now from watching the games and following along every step of the way I would give the edge to paul right now if it comes down to the two, fairly easily and the only horse i have in this race is Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad