WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Team looks good in my eyes

Yes, for the first time in several years, we have a dynamic skating team. It would not surprise me if we blow out some teams, even some of the higher ranked ones. Also, I like the defence, they're big and mobile. As with many, my only concern is our goaltending. I find Fucale somewhat stiff and unathletic. Let's hope it doesn't come down to goaltending. If we fail to win, it won't be as a result of choosing the wrong players. We may quibble with some of the choices, but I don't think there is one player on the team that doesn't warrant playing at this level. A failure to win on home ice (even with the missing NHLers) means the other nations have caught up to us or, even surpassed us, at our own game.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
any thoughts regarding which/if any players playing in the WJC will wind up in the CHL after the tourney is over, or players released to play being sent back??

And no I am not talking about the ones already playing in the CHL.;)

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
What is the plan if one or both goalies go down with injuries

russia_2.jpg

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Mark Masters
‏@markhmasters
Hockey Canada's Scott Salmond on Lazar: "The fact they haven't said, 'No,' right now is at least encouraging & we remain optimistic."

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
With Groulx looking like he wants a big physical line I'm wondering if Lazar gets sent down if he'll center Crouse and Virtanen. That would be one hell of a line to try and contain.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Lazar comes:

Petan - McDavid - Lazar
Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Dal Colle - Point - Fabbri
Virtanen - Gauthier - Crouse
Chartier

Fleury - Theodore
Nurse - Bowey