2014 ticket thread (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I was being :sarcasm: JJ takes way to much heat around here, And by the way its on Chia not JJ on not spending wisely. Are we blaming JJ for that now. :laugh:

Oops sorry missed out on the sarcasm. JJ can be blamed for a lot of things but not spending to the cap is not one of them.

Chia absolutely gets the cap mismanagement blame. And as much as we love what Cam has brought to Bruins management team since he started I think he should also get some of the cap blame.

bd6675

Mar 10, 2007
Anyone have 2 tickets for 1/15 (Rangers) in these sections: 314-319 or 329-330 or 301-303?

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
Looking for a pair for the game on 3/28 against the Rangers - preferably lower bowl or first couple rows in the balcony.

Might be a bit of a longshot since its a Saturday afternoon game and I am a Ranger fan; but, thought I would post here anyway.

There seems to be some pairs still available on Ticketmaster; but, the prices are crazy.
$181.45 for row 12 in the balcony!? That's not even the resale; it's the actual price. I think I paid less than that when I came up to the Garden for the 2013 ECSF. There also cheaper on Stubhub. Not sure where those prices are coming from.

Also, right now, it seems like $150/ticket in the balcony is about the going rate for this game on Stubhub. This seems a little low to me given it's a Saturday afternoon game with the playoffs approaching and weather getting nicer. Do you guys think prices for this game are going to go up?

Thanks!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Looking for a pair for the game on 3/28 against the Rangers - preferably lower bowl or first couple rows in the balcony.

Might be a bit of a longshot since its a Saturday afternoon game and I am a Ranger fan; but, thought I would post here anyway.

There seems to be some pairs still available on Ticketmaster; but, the prices are crazy.
$181.45 for row 12 in the balcony!? That's not even the resale; it's the actual price. I think I paid less than that when I came up to the Garden for the 2013 ECSF. There also cheaper on Stubhub. Not sure where those prices are coming from.

Also, right now, it seems like $150/ticket in the balcony is about the going rate for this game on Stubhub. This seems a little low to me given it's a Saturday afternoon game with the playoffs approaching and weather getting nicer. Do you guys think prices for this game are going to go up?

Thanks!

Just off the top of my head, that should probably be one of the more expensive games. The Rangers only come here twice. Popular team. Original Six. 2014 ECF Champs. Weekend. Near the end of the season. No football or baseball (or high-quality basketball :help:) in Boston to draw attention away from hockey in March. About the only other sports besides the Celtics would be March Madness, and that's on TV. About the only thing it has kinda-sorta to bring down the price is that it's a matinee - some people hate matinees. (Then again, families love 'em.)

The only game that might be more expensive than that game would probably be the Habs game in Feb, because that's a weekend, too. Even the season home closer might not cost too much, because we have (about) 3 games after that, and we may not be in a clinching position.

My guess is prices won't go up for the Rangers. Look at the number of tickets available: 2700. Typically, there are at least about 3000-3500 tickets to start with. If anything, they're likely to go down. Then again, it is one of the last home games, so if people wake up one day in March and say "I want to see a Bs game", they won't have many choices.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Just off the top of my head, that should probably be one of the more expensive games. The Rangers only come here twice. Popular team. Original Six. 2014 ECF Champs. Weekend. Near the end of the season. No football or baseball (or high-quality basketball :help:) in Boston to draw attention away from hockey in March. About the only other sports besides the Celtics would be March Madness, and that's on TV. About the only thing it has kinda-sorta to bring down the price is that it's a matinee - some people hate matinees. (Then again, families love 'em.)

The only game that might be more expensive than that game would probably be the Habs game in Feb, because that's a weekend, too. Even the season home closer might not cost too much, because we have (about) 3 games after that, and we may not be in a clinching position.

My guess is prices won't go up for the Rangers. Look at the number of tickets available: 2700. Typically, there are at least about 3000-3500 tickets to start with. If anything, they're likely to go down. Then again, it is one of the last home games, so if people wake up one day in March and say "I want to see a Bs game", they won't have many choices.

So, your saying prices may or may not go up?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So, your saying prices may or may not go up?

If you're willing to wait the week before the game and keep an eye on the listing, they might come down. I don't think they'll bump precipitously. The only cause for an increase would be if we're in a decent playoff spot and jockeying for position or to make sure we actually make the playoffs. At least, that's my best guess. Weird things can always happen.

TY

Jul 26, 2014

If what you are saying is true- I am either impatient or the worst seller of tickets ever. I had a pair of lower loge on the shoot twice side I couldn't even get face value (ticket package-not STH) for- for that exact game. They sat for sale on here and the ticket site for over 4 weeks without any interest- for under face value. I ended up pulling them and selling them to someone I know.

I'd see the SH prices as inflated. I really think some ppl are eating the price of unbought tickets. Not sure who is paying $250/ea to watch this team play the way they are. maybe I'm wrong- but I watched my tickets sit unbought for over a month at $150-160 ea.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
weekend games against northeast teams from Feb - April go for huge money. huge.

I think I sold my row 8 balconies for the Sat. Flyers game last year for like $250/piece

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If what you are saying is true- I am either impatient or the worst seller of tickets ever. I had a pair of lower loge on the shoot twice side I couldn't even get face value (ticket package-not STH) for- for that exact game. They sat for sale on here and the ticket site for over 4 weeks without any interest- for under face value. I ended up pulling them and selling them to someone I know.

I'd see the SH prices as inflated. I really think some ppl are eating the price of unbought tickets. Not sure who is paying $250/ea to watch this team play the way they are. maybe I'm wrong- but I watched my tickets sit unbought for over a month at $150-160 ea.

I'm a bad seller of tickets too. I had a single balcony ticket for NYE that I wanted to dump from my package. My "adjusted face" (giving $25 of credit for the two preseason games) was $81. No way that ticket was going to sell so that I'd get $81 on StubHub. So, yeah, I agree that a lot of tickets disappear on StubHub not because they're sold, but because people decide to give the ticket to a friend rather than get a low price from a stranger.

TY

Jul 26, 2014
I'm a bad seller of tickets too. I had a single balcony ticket for NYE that I wanted to dump from my package. My "adjusted face" (giving $25 of credit for the two preseason games) was $81. No way that ticket was going to sell so that I'd get $81 on StubHub. So, yeah, I agree that a lot of tickets disappear on StubHub not because they're sold, but because people decide to give the ticket to a friend rather than get a low price from a stranger.

You may totally be right. But I really wonder how these prices work - or what is going on. I see 40+ balcony tickets for more than others are asking for loge. Makes so sense- who would pay $200 to sit 20 rows deep in the balcony when you can sit 15 deep in loge for $30 cheaper per ticket- and I always see the occasional ticket for some absurd amount (5K or something). Not sure if what the deal is....

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
You may totally be right. But I really wonder how these prices work - or what is going on. I see 40+ balcony tickets for more than others are asking for loge. Makes so sense- who would pay $200 to sit 20 rows deep in the balcony when you can sit 15 deep in loge for $30 cheaper per ticket- and I always see the occasional ticket for some absurd amount (5K or something). Not sure if what the deal is....

Some sellers load their tickets on there at a very high price just to get them in the system and adjust to market later on.

RG617

Jul 14, 2008
Boston, MA.
I was being :sarcasm: JJ takes way to much heat around here, And by the way its on Chia not JJ on not spending wisely. Are we blaming JJ for that now. :laugh:

Guess you don't have the memory of some of us, are too young to remember how JJ ran things, or how the players despised him for things like dragging them to his mansion in Florida and all but rubbing it in their faces after some especially contentious contract disputes... but that's for a different thread.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
I hope all the new STHs are looking forward to the right of first refusal for their "playoff tickets". LOL. Jeremy Jacobs thanks you for the renovations.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Does anyone know anything about this Bruins Game Show Live event for season ticket holders? is it worth my time?

I'd never heard of this, but they flashed something on the Jumbotron today at the game. I thought from this little post that it would be STHs picked randomly from the audience in some kind of gameshow-esque experience, which I would find monumentally cool (I'm a huge 80s gameshow geek) - but then I figured it would be hockey/sports trivia, which I stink at and don't have a big interest in.

Apparently, no - the Jumbotron announcement sounded to me like the Bruins will be the contestants playing for the pleasure of the STHs, which still sounds kinda cool. Fodder for the website and Behind the B - methinks they'd rather lean on this event than on the roadtrips. They mentioned Family Feud and Minute to Win It as potential games. "We surveyed 100 hockey players...name somebody you'd like to play like." *CARL BUZZER* "Carl."

Also, from the jumbotron announcement, it sounds like STHs have to check into your Account Manager to "claim" the ticket. My guess is the setup will be similar to the State of the Bruins - free-for-all seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad