2014 ticket thread (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1523431

RULES:

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Buy and Sell Tickets at your own risk. HFBoards is not responsible for bad deals.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Select a Seat

Any season ticket holders going to try to downgrade or upgrade?
Thinking of downgrading if I can. Price increase has me thinking of giving up quality just to be in the building. New playoff prices were tough for me to swing.
My seats went from being the last row of a three row price point to the last row of an eight row one.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
I just wish the Bruins would move to an online system like the other teams. So much easier to select your seats online then running around the Garden and waiting for them to check you out.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
I just wish the Bruins would move to an online system like the other teams. So much easier to select your seats online then running around the Garden and waiting for them to check you out.

Yeah, I think when there were plenty of seats to choose from it was probably a cool event to attend. Now it can be a waste of a day if you want to change seats. Slim pickings.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ

It is surprising given the number of other teams that use the online system for relocations that have the same Ticketmaster based back end.

Not sure why they don't do it the same way.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any ideas how long the STH waiting list is? I plunked down the cash in March. I clearly didn't expect 2014-15, although I could see how some would complain that it's a little deceptive that they happened to push the "hey, deposit for season tickets" ads at the end of the season. I probably wouldn't be shocked if 2015-16 is a pipe dream. I'd imagine it has a lot to do with how well the Bruins do next year and the year after...and how iron-fisted JJ is.

Random TD Garden observation/confession: I went to see a concert at the Garden tonight. (Shut up, don't judge, and don't Google! Okay, fine, it was Barry Gibb.) The balconies were completely empty - and I don't mean just the ones above the SportsDeck that are always empty for concerts. I'm talking at least 308-320 - can't vouch for the ones directly behind me. But I'm about 100% sure those tickets were available for sale - I even saw them on StubHub. Anyone care to guess what happened logistically? Did they reassign balcony seats to the loge/floor and have the ticket scanner people hand out those little printed sheets of paper to direct people to their new, improved seats? I get why they did it - if they only sold enough to fill the loge/floor, they probably shut the upper floor - nobody needed to clean the restrooms, or sell concessions. Just banging my head that I bought "loge for the price of balcony" tickets when I could have just pressed my luck to buy a balcony ticket and possibly get floor - if that's even possible.

I admit - today was NOT the best day for me to listen to "Tragedy" and "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart". Too soon.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Any ideas how long the STH waiting list is? I plunked down the cash in March. I clearly didn't expect 2014-15, although I could see how some would complain that it's a little deceptive that they happened to push the "hey, deposit for season tickets" ads at the end of the season. I probably wouldn't be shocked if 2015-16 is a pipe dream. I'd imagine it has a lot to do with how well the Bruins do next year and the year after...and how iron-fisted JJ is.

Random TD Garden observation/confession: I went to see a concert at the Garden tonight. (Shut up, don't judge, and don't Google! Okay, fine, it was Barry Gibb.) The balconies were completely empty - and I don't mean just the ones above the SportsDeck that are always empty for concerts. I'm talking at least 308-320 - can't vouch for the ones directly behind me. But I'm about 100% sure those tickets were available for sale - I even saw them on StubHub. Anyone care to guess what happened logistically? Did they reassign balcony seats to the loge/floor and have the ticket scanner people hand out those little printed sheets of paper to direct people to their new, improved seats? I get why they did it - if they only sold enough to fill the loge/floor, they probably shut the upper floor - nobody needed to clean the restrooms, or sell concessions. Just banging my head that I bought "loge for the price of balcony" tickets when I could have just pressed my luck to buy a balcony ticket and possibly get floor - if that's even possible.

I admit - today was NOT the best day for me to listen to "Tragedy" and "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart". Too soon.

With many events that aren't expected to sell out, or when TV/film crews are around, they'll sell tickets in order of price or camera exposure. So it's possible that until the lower section is sold out you won't have access to anything up top. Or alternatively, until one end (top and bottom) is sold out you won't be able to buy the other end

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
When is select a seat usually?

Usually in June within a week or two of the Finals ending.

Breakdown of last 4 years...

2010- June 16th & 17th (Finals ended 6/9)

2011- June 22nd (Finals ended 6/15)

2012- July 12th (Finals ended 6/11)

2013- July 13th (Finals ended 6/24)

Last edited:

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
A couple weeks back I emailed Ben about the new Legends pricing.... He declined to provide any information.. email went out today saying June 2nd is the day.

Are you guys sure that what you heard is accurate?

I'm still hoping that they keep it reasonable and totally hose us on the renovations.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
A couple weeks back I emailed Ben about the new Legends pricing.... He declined to provide any information.. email went out today saying June 2nd is the day.

Are you guys sure that what you heard is accurate?

I'm still hoping that they keep it reasonable and totally hose us on the renovations.

I heard that you are only allowed one guest per game now and the price is going up quite a bit. Nothing official tho.

Won't be doing select a seat as you can't add or move to a lower price point.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I heard that you are only allowed one guest per game now and the price is going up quite a bit. Nothing official tho.

Won't be doing select a seat as you can't add or move to a lower price point.

Did you confirm that you can't move to a lower price point? I believe even last year they allowed it. But you had to pay the new STH price if you went to a cheaper category.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It is surprising given the number of other teams that use the online system for relocations that have the same Ticketmaster based back end.

Not sure why they don't do it the same way.

When they miss the playoffs in the next few years I can see 10% or more bailing

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Do you get to bring a guest for that price? Or is it the 400% price increase it sounds like?

It's a 400% price increase..

$700 Half Season

$1,100 Full Season

One team only (Bruins or Celtics)

PER PERSON/TICKET

2 people = $2200/Season

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
LOL!!.. nevermind.. $1100 PER PERSON

Do you get to bring a guest for that price? Or is it the 400% price increase it sounds like?

$1100 per person. Membership is per team so no more combination Bruins/Celtics membership . No more 4 passes per membership so no guests. Confirmed this by telephone with Ben Mazza.

Legends Club is going to be for the corporate suits at the current membership fee structure.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I guess I will pass as usual .

What does that $1100 get you ?

With the 24 % increase in ticket prices (and 34 % for playoffs) it will be hard enough trying to figure out where the $$$ will come from just to go to the games .

TommyBruinsFan

Sep 14, 2007
Massachusetts
I guess I will pass as usual .

What does that $1100 get you ?

With the 24 % increase in ticket prices (and 34 % for playoffs) it will be hard enough trying to figure out where the $$$ will come from just to go to the games .

$1100 gets YOU in the door. That's it. Then it lets you buy overpriced food and drink ( which I'm sure will be even higher next year). I was a member this season and I really did like the convenience of getting in the building two hours early and always having a place to eat, drink, and be merry before the game, but I haven't renewed by tomorrow's deadline and am leaning against. I would have to pay $2200 for the season just for two passes to every game (got 4 passes to every game this year for $900) so that's like a $50 per game cover charge, and that's only if you go to every game. The half season plan is no bargain because it's $700 ( quite a bit more than half) and it's a pre-set plan. Can't just pick half the games you want to use your pass for. I wonder how many have renewed. Can't seem to find out, but I'm betting it's not a high renewal rate.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
You sure it's a pre-set plan?

If that's the case then I'm out.

I would probably use it for 10 of the 20 or so games I go to. eBay it is!!

TommyBruinsFan

Sep 14, 2007
Massachusetts
You sure it's a pre-set plan?

If that's the case then I'm out.

I would probably use it for 10 of the 20 or so games I go to. eBay it is!!

Yes I'm sure. Spoke to Ben about it. Just never anything user friendly about being a Bruins fan!....

Have you seen people successfully selling Legends passes somewhere? That could almost convince me if I thought I could offload some.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Yes I'm sure. Spoke to Ben about it. Just never anything user friendly about being a Bruins fan!....

Have you seen people successfully selling Legends passes somewhere? That could almost convince me if I thought I could offload some.

Ebay.. but they went for 15-25 a piece, depending on the game. With the new pricing it's $27/Game full season, $33/half season face value... even with the renovation, who's gonna shell $60/game for 2 legends passes for a Tuesday night against Florida. The aftermarket won't change, imo, regardless of the increase.

But I'm not sure how it will work with the new system and it being more tied to the account.

and you're right... just not accommodating at all. I was willing to spend $1500 MAX on a membership. but they just can't be flexible. 400% increase?!?! That's just arrogant and rude.

"here.. take my money and let me use the place for half of my games" .. "OK.. but we'll tell you what games your allowed in for" ....

F That..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad