2014 ticket thread (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Haha yes indeed. Too bad he didn't get to see a win.

I sat in the club seats for $80 today ($160/pair) thanks to a last minute StubHub purchase. Great view, but the sellers in the stands were a bit annoying at times. They don't make any effort to stay out of your way while the play is going on.

With the fairly soft market this year, do you think some of the ticket brokers could unload their season tickets?

I've been on the waiting list since 2011 and finally just moved to Boston from Halifax, NS, and am hoping that combined with the soft demand due to the poor performance on the ice and the big price increase this year some of them might consider it.. Hoping to get seasons sooner rather than later!

I was shocked at the market today too. I got club seats for $95 about 5 or 6 days ago - kind of a funny story. I guess someone went onto Ticketmaster and bought a whole bunch of single seats, and then put them on StubHub for way cheap. There were about 10 or 12 of them - all singles. I snagged two single seats within two rows of each other, planning to take my dad. The next morning, I get a call from StubHub telling me that the seller told them the tickets were no good. (The tickets looked slightly different from the ones I often get, but I figured it might have been a Ticketmaster thing.) So, StubHub "bought" me at no charge two club seats next to each other - which, at the time, were going for $250. (Technically they were 2 and 4 rows behind where I got the original tickets, but hey - still a great deal. Plus, sitting next to each other was a BIG plus.)

We had a blast, despite the Bruins only getting a tie. (While I didn't leave after overtime, I refuse to recognize in any way, shape, or form the shootout.) We got a great bargain, some guy with $250 club seats is happy because he got his seats sold, and some doofus who thinks he can post random seats on StubHub for $95 is going to get an unpleasant surprise on his credit card.

I still don't know how StubHub learned that my tickets were no good, but I'm glad that whoever it was who posted them came forward and admitted that they were no good. (Or maybe he found someone who would buy them for $500 apiece.)

One side of me hopes I won't become a STH soon - I want the Bs to be good. The other side of me is worried but is ever slightly happy that I may get a season ticket.

TY

Jul 26, 2014
I've been on the waiting list since 2011 and finally just moved to Boston from Halifax, NS, and am hoping that combined with the soft demand due to the poor performance on the ice and the big price increase this year some of them might consider it.. Hoping to get seasons sooner rather than later!

I'm sure they will keep them as long as they are making money. And I haven't heard anything about them not making money yet. Maybe a STH here who sells the majority of theirs will chime in.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
I'm sure they will keep them as long as they are making money. And I haven't heard anything about them not making money yet. Maybe a STH here who sells the majority of theirs will chime in.

I just moved to Tampa and I have given some thought about giving them up next season. Going to wait to see what the price increase is... I'll be shocked if they don't increase, thought last season was a full 20% increase.

I have great seats. Row 2, corner where the Bs shoot twice. They have been a really easy sell. I was going to about 15-20 games a year, but now that I have moved and will travel back to Boston 6-8 times a year to my office, I might get 5-6 games and my kids both go to college in MA so they will use some.. I need to sell about 30 games a year... seems like it is a lot of risk if they keep losing and not scoring goals. Its One thing to lose, but to be boring, no scoring and lose makes it worse.

I think you will see some STH in the LOGE at 85-100.00 per ticket let them go. Just my guess.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Conspiracy theory: Boston is getting the 2016 Winter Classic to justify another massive ticket price increase next year.

Thoughts? Because it was a draw to bring in a ton more STH in 2009, now it seems an excuse to jack up the rate.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Conspiracy theory: Boston is getting the 2016 Winter Classic to justify another massive ticket price increase next year.

Thoughts? Because it was a draw to bring in a ton more STH in 2009, now it seems an excuse to jack up the rate.

Is that a conspiracy? I mean.. that just screams JJ.. I knew a few people around me just bought for that season and got the hell out when the getting was good, and I don't blame them. I was thinking this was my last year for tickets, and even if they get this it still will.

drumnj

Oct 19, 2009
IA
redwingslive.net
I'm looking for 2 tickets for Monday Dec. 29th. Not too picky on location. Just not trying to break the bank.

Also, should I not secure tickets here or run across a decent deal in the next week or so would I just be better off to wait until game day? I wondering if this game, first after christmas, has any high value as say the black friday game mentioned previously in the thread.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm looking for 2 tickets for Monday Dec. 29th. Not too picky on location. Just not trying to break the bank.

Also, should I not secure tickets here or run across a decent deal in the next week or so would I just be better off to wait until game day? I wondering if this game, first after christmas, has any high value as say the black friday game mentioned previously in the thread.

Original 6 matchup on a day when a significant number of people may be on vacation and/or have kids that are off school...my gut says this game is a "high value" game. Plus, right now there's about 1,000 tickets on StubHub. Typical is starting around 3500, going to about 2500 the week of the game, and 1000 the day of the game.

I'm a little surprised that the NYE game isn't a little hotter - I figured a few people might go to the game with their buddies instead of lame parties. Guess not.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I'm a little surprised that the NYE game isn't a little hotter - I figured a few people might go to the game with their buddies instead of lame parties. Guess not.

I still think that one will pick up steam. Everyone is planning Christmas right now, and not even thinking about NYE just yet. I think you'll see a sharp jump around the 27th, 28th. When I used to go out for NYE, I generally didn't make plans until a day or two before, but that's just me

TY

Jul 26, 2014
Is that a conspiracy? I mean.. that just screams JJ.. I knew a few people around me just bought for that season and got the hell out when the getting was good, and I don't blame them. I was thinking this was my last year for tickets, and even if they get this it still will.

Just curious...what is your reason? Prices or quality of play?

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Just curious...what is your reason? Prices or quality of play?

prices.. when i got seasons back in the 07-08 season (I believe ahaha i forget) it was 19 bucks a seat.. its now 45.. I just can't keep up with it really. I get why winning causes the prices to go up.. and I usually sell all but 4-5 games so shouldn't complain too much but I'm gonna have to stop at some point. This season hasn't been good so far and Chia isn't making me feel better about the future.. so in a wordy/ranting way.. its both haha. Sorry about that.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
prices.. when i got seasons back in the 07-08 season (I believe ahaha i forget) it was 19 bucks a seat.. its now 45.. I just can't keep up with it really. I get why winning causes the prices to go up.. and I usually sell all but 4-5 games so shouldn't complain too much but I'm gonna have to stop at some point. This season hasn't been good so far and Chia isn't making me feel better about the future.. so in a wordy/ranting way.. its both haha. Sorry about that.

Same here. I'm in the $60 price now and can't go to many games anymore. I have a couple friends who say they want in but I've heard that before.
I will wait until new price announcements though and then decide. Also, the playoff pricing is another deterrent.
I've had a nice run. Time to see if waitlisters will step up once they see the offerings and get sticker shock.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Same here. I'm in the $60 price now and can't go to many games anymore. I have a couple friends who say they want in but I've heard that before.
I will wait until new price announcements though and then decide. Also, the playoff pricing is another deterrent.
I've had a nice run. Time to see if waitlisters will step up once they see the offerings and get sticker shock.

I hear ya on that....the playoff pricing is especially terrible these last few seasons...almost better value to buy playoff seats on the secondary market.....it's only really worth it if they make it to the Finals! :shakehead

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I hear ya on that....the playoff pricing is especially terrible these last few seasons...almost better value to buy playoff seats on the secondary market.....it's only really worth it if they make it to the Finals! :shakehead

This I gotta talk to the kid I split the tix with.. I already pretty much told him I'm out.. but it be cool if he kept the tickets with his brother or something and I can grab a game or two from him here and there. But I don't blame him if he doesn't want to continue. The playoff prices are ridiculous, but I saw it coming from the beginning. When play off tickets for the first round were only about $4-5 more than the season tickets (this is in 07-08 and I believe 08-09) I knew JJ wasn't gonna have it if the team got better, and longer playoff runs were a serious thought. They even screwed themselves in 2011 since SCF tix were what.. less than a 100 a piece I think (at least for me).

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone know anything about the family section? I unknowingly bought 2 tickets in the family section rows on stubhub. I won't be going with a child, so will I be turned away? Is there no drinking in the family section? Section 326 in case anyone was wondering

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Does anyone know anything about the family section? I unknowingly bought 2 tickets in the family section rows on stubhub. I won't be going with a child, so will I be turned away? Is there no drinking in the family section? Section 326 in case anyone was wondering

Well, given the level of attention the ticket scanners seem to give, I want to say that you probably should be able to get in - particularly if you "play it cool" and don't specifically ask the ticket scanner person about the children's ticket. But no guarantees, and no personal experience here.

I got an adult ticket there directly from TM (went solo, so couldn't buy a kiddie ticket anyway), and I have to say the section was not exactly rampant with kiddies.

Plus, I've yet to notice a "child's ticket" marked on StubHub for the Bruins. They very specifically have a box for sellers to check for "children's tickets", and if you sell a ticket that has a restriction (ie "limited view" or "rear view" for concerts), and you don't note it on your listing, you could be in trouble.

Let me know if you get in...I'm curious. For the record, that section's a good buy direct from TM when it's available. Adult tickets for about $60, children's for $40, I think - even cheaper for some games. You have to buy 1 adult ticket, but then you can buy 3 children's tickets. (If people actually went there in that ratio, I think it would be chaos!)

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28

I'm on the aisle in 325 in the last row that touches 326 and as far as I've seen there are no rules about drinking or being with kids/family or anything. Its not like Fenway with the section 32 and 33 are no alcohol..It's essentially a section to put the youth hockey teams that skate between periods from time to time...The ushers never check tickets in the balcony and half the time don't enforce that patrons wait for the whistle to go to their seats. You'll be fine.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sold tickets on Stubhub on Monday. Still waiting for the payment. How long does it usually take? My anxiety is starting to set in.

Trust me.. if there was an issue.. you would've been told about it by now haha.. did you use paypal? or put a card down? because with paypal.. it usually took like 3-5 business days to get the money.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Sold tickets on Stubhub on Monday. Still waiting for the payment. How long does it usually take? My anxiety is starting to set in.

StubHub Says said:
Getting paid for your ticket sale

Top Sellers will receive their payment as set forth in the Top Seller Manual. Generally, other sellers will be sent payments within five (5) business days (sometimes longer) following StubHub's confirmation of the Buyer's receipt of tickets or related passes. For contingent events (meaning events that may not happen, including certain playoff games that only occur if a team wins), sellers will be sent payment within five days of the event itself.

So, it sounds like you may get payment later today (Friday), or may get it on Monday - assuming they don't count Saturday as a business day, and that they were sold during the day on Monday and not late at night. Probably not time to hit the panic button yet...but call and/or text chat with them Monday afternoon if you don't get payment.

If the event hasn't happened, then there is no way the buyer is ripping you off - it's literally impossible for them to say "the ticket is no good" when they haven't been to the venue.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So, it sounds like you may get payment later today (Friday), or may get it on Monday - assuming they don't count Saturday as a business day, and that they were sold during the day on Monday and not late at night. Probably not time to hit the panic button yet...but call and/or text chat with them Monday afternoon if you don't get payment.

If the event hasn't happened, then there is no way the buyer is ripping you off - it's literally impossible for them to say "the ticket is no good" when they haven't been to the venue.

How does one become a top seller for stubhub? haha..

Diamond57

Jun 15, 2008
Hello,

I'm going for the first time in Boston on December 29 to see them play VS the Red Wings.

I'm looking for 2 tickets, i dont care where they are in the TD Garden.

Let me know via PM if you got a pair ! Thanks :)

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge

Thanks. I was so distracted with work this weekend, I wasn't obssessively checking it. But it's in my account now. :)

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I'm looking for two tickets in the lower level for tomorrow night's game. Is anyone still selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad