2014 ticket thread (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Looking for two tickets in the lower level tonight. If anyone is still selling, PM me! Thanks

RG617

Jul 14, 2008
Boston, MA.
Looking for a pair for the sens on the 3rd or the kings on 1/31 for a last minute gift. Figured that I'd look here before hitting stubhub.

moorebf235

Nov 4, 2012
Boston
Due to poor communication in Christmas shopping between my mother and father we have tickets to the TBL game on 3/12 and Warren Hayes on the same day. I'm looking to trade the Bruins tickets for a different day. We have 3 tickets in section 301 row 15. If you are interested in trading tickets feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

KristenH85

Oct 1, 2014
Does anyone have any idea how long the STH waiting list is, or a rough idea of how much they might cost? I am debating on whether it is worth it or not to get put on the waiting list.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Does anyone have any idea how long the STH waiting list is, or a rough idea of how much they might cost? I am debating on whether it is worth it or not to get put on the waiting list.

ST wait list is several years long. Remains to be seen how the wait list changes based on the bad play this season and what may be a few mediocre seasons to come.

Price is hard to say. They charge different prices based on seniority and new STH get charged the highest prices.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Good question. I'm pretty sure there are people here on the STH from 2011. Remember - back when the Bruins were still good? I would bet there will be a lot of non-renewals coming up this summer. This year's been a stinker.

Prices change year-to-year, and JJ may decide to give another price hike "just 'cause"....but my gut says it's more likely to stabilize. For reference, here's the page for the half-season plans:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90758

However, that's not necessarily helpful for figuring out full season tickets. The areas you can buy may vary - for example, Center 6 may be theoretically available for full season. Conversely, for half season, no cheap row 15 end tickets are available - but they're available for the quarter season tickets.

I think I've seen people mention that STH tickets in the balcony for row 2 behind the net (like 309, 310) are $60 apiece, making the plan $2640 (plus $15 "convenience fee") for 44 games. I think they charge more for your first year, but the price drops when you renew.

The big bargain comes in playoff tickets - I'm pretty sure those are MUCH cheaper for STH who buy the strip. Granted, you have to commit to buying 16 tickets if they get home ice in 4 series and hit game each time - but it's way cheaper than buying an individual playoff ticket either directly or via StubHub. And if you can't go to all the games, you can probably get a good price selling them on StubHub.

FYI, the waiting list is $100 per ticket, non-refundable - but if you want off the list, I think you can use that $100 towards single game Bruins tickets.

KristenH85

Oct 1, 2014
Thanks for the help! Will have to talk with my husband to see if he would want to try and get on the list :) Id take even have the season.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Thanks for the help! Will have to talk with my husband to see if he would want to try and get on the list :) Id take even have the season.

I believe that the waiting list is for full season only. Half season packages are offered at the beginning of every season, usually around August/September. Difference with half season is that the per ticket cost is much higher than full season and playoff tickets are not guaranteed. With half season you get playoff priority which basically means that you have access to a Ticketmaster presale with seat availability not guaranteed.

Half season seat locations are also limited. For Loge you will probably mostly get 1 time shoot end and balcony will be corner or end on the 1 time shoot end.

TY

Jul 26, 2014

Half a season is also "by the list". The time windows for selecting packages are by seniority. So the first few years there may not be large or good packages available. We don't know yet if the poor performance will disuade some. But, I've personally been on the STH waiting list since 2011. So there is a serious backlog, even if some do finally give up their tickets. I believe there was over 95% renewal last year even with the ticket price increase.
FWIW- my theory is that a lot of the tickets are owned by corporations or individuals that that aren't easily affected by price increases or poor play.

With all that being said- throw your name on the list and forget about it- and when you finally get the call it will be a pleasant surprise. The Red Sox had a waiting list for a long time until 2012. Maybe- we'll see something similar after this year.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The other thing worth mentioning is that presale access is pretty useless - so don't buy game plans just for that. You still have to pay high per-ticket prices for the playoffs - you don't get any kind of package. (Some NHL teams give you a package with 1 game per round if you have a quarter package. Bruins dont.)

And for the regular season presale - also not worth it. Cheaper for the most part in stubhub, except for habs and weekend/holiday games. I don't think their presale included access to the really cheap tickets in 326 - where I'm headed now.

Also, I don't think there's much difference per ticket between 11 and 22 game packages. I could be wrong.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
I think I've seen people mention that STH tickets in the balcony for row 2 behind the net (like 309, 310) are $60 apiece, making the plan $2640 (plus $15 "convenience fee") for 44 games. I think they charge more for your first year, but the price drops when you renew.

The big bargain comes in playoff tickets - I'm pretty sure those are MUCH cheaper for STH who buy the strip. Granted, you have to commit to buying 16 tickets if they get home ice in 4 series and hit game each time - but it's way cheaper than buying an individual playoff ticket either directly or via StubHub. And if you can't go to all the games, you can probably get a good price selling them on StubHub.

i'm in 309 low row and mine are $50. i believe the pricing breakdown is row 1, 2-10, 11-15 but that may have changed.

as far as playoff tickets go, last year mine were:

round 1 - $65
round 2 - $90

i dont remember what the other two rounds were, but if memory serves me right there was a significant price bump overall from the year before.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Curious to know how many people are considering giving up their season tickets?
I have had friends say they want in on my seats, but not sure I want to keep them. Also, people saying they want in and actually paying starting in March is a concern.
I live an hour away and just cant make it to many games anymore.
Price increases , especially in the playoffs are pushing me towards giving them up.
I originally got tickets because I wanted to be there if and when they won the cup. I was fortunate enough to see Celtics in 08 and Sox last year for face value.
Next years Winter Classic has me intrigued. But if my season ticket price increases by more than $5 I think I will definitely be done.
So, What say all of you? If you don't have seasons, please chime in too.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I have had friends say they want in on my seats, but not sure I want to keep them. Also, people saying they want in and actually paying starting in March is a concern.
Price increases , especially in the playoffs are pushing me towards giving them up.
I originally got tickets because I wanted to be there if and when they won the cup. I was fortunate enough to see Celtics in 08 and Sox last year for face value.
Next years Winter Classic has me intrigued. But if my season ticket price increases by more than $5 I think I will definitely be done.

Nothing JJ does surprises me anymore. If this were another organization I'd say there is no chance of another increase on the heals of the ridiculous increase from last year combined with the season they are having this year. But this a Jacobs owned organization. He may be content to to slap another insane increase on STH's and be fine with losing long term STH's replaced by new ones that will be in and out in a year or two. He didn't learn anything from the year's the team su-cked after he built the new Garden and jacked up all the tickets prices. Eventually the building will be empty again. It's not a matter of if but rather when.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Nothing JJ does surprises me anymore. If this were another organization I'd say there is no chance of another increase on the heals of the ridiculous increase from last year combined with the season they are having this year. But this a Jacobs owned organization. He may be content to to slap another insane increase on STH's and be fine with losing long term STH's replaced by new ones that will be in and out in a year or two. He didn't learn anything from the year's the team su-cked after he built the new Garden and jacked up all the tickets prices. Eventually the building will be empty again. It's not a matter of if but rather when.

Yeah, They will burn through that waiting list quickly once the wait-listers realize the prices and that they cant find people to buy their seats.
Those mid level balcony seats were comparable to the Red Sox Grandstand seats(good value) and have now surpassed them in price. Just a matter of time before those seats are given up and the "true fans" will no longer complain about prices as they stop watching games and have no interest in filling said seats.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

JJ su-cks and never spends to put a good team on the ice. If only the Kraft's owned them it would be interesting to see them try to win with millions of unspent cap dollars and still have one of if not the highest prices in the league.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
JJ su-cks and never spends to put a good team on the ice. If only the Kraft's owned them it would be interesting to see them try to win with millions of unspent cap dollars and still have one of if not the highest prices in the league.

It is true that when there was no cap in the NHL he did not spend enough money on players. But in the current cap era he is spending to the cap so your statement about unspent cap dollars is wrong. The problem is that the cap dollars have not been used wisely.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Do you think Jacobs will be sad that he doesn't get to sell balcony seats for $62 to STH -- instead he gets to sell them per game for much more? I don't.

It's my professional opinion that Jacobs is jacking ticket prices year after year to be closer to individual game prices because he knows the tickets will sell anyway.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I also live an hour away. I am keeping my ST .

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I love how no one ever seems to want to talk about the FACT that Jacobs and his ilk nearly killed the 12-13 season to get a 50-50 $$ split with the players, with the side effect being that it would kill his team going forward since it was a strong team at the time spending close to the existing cap.

Under the old revenue splits in the CBA, Boychuk is still here and could have possibly been re-signed. But hey, let's just ignore all that and do general complaining like "Jacobs is teh cheap!@!!@!"

About tickets: I HATE the NYE home game. Yeah guys, I want to get home at 11:00 on NYE after seeing you guys lose 3-1 again. That's awesome. Tonight is the first time in 15 years I ever sold my tickets for profit simply because I didn't want to go.

P.s. thought: Having the Pro Shop on Level 2 is a monumentally stupid idea. It's like they saw one of the biggest problems with the place is lack of entrances and decided to make things worse.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
P.s. thought: Having the Pro Shop on Level 2 is a monumentally stupid idea. It's like they saw one of the biggest problems with the place is lack of entrances and decided to make things worse.

It's part of a greater plan to change the entrance scheme between North station and garden.. all of that is going to change.. I think they want to put a big facade and permanent fan zone on causeway that also provides for a dedicated entrance to the Garden.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It is true that when there was no cap in the NHL he did not spend enough money on players. But in the current cap era he is spending to the cap so your statement about unspent cap dollars is wrong. The problem is that the cap dollars have not been used wisely.

I was being :sarcasm: JJ takes way to much heat around here, And by the way its on Chia not JJ on not spending wisely. Are we blaming JJ for that now. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was being :sarcasm: JJ takes way to much heat around here, And by the way its on Chia not JJ on not spending wisely. Are we blaming JJ for that now. :laugh:

his son has taken over and this is his baby, and he loves the Bruins. I am not happy with the ticket increase but overall they are very well run these days.

Its not perfect, but I can say unequivocally his son really wants to win and run a first class organization.

The father one would think is a brilliant business man but he always doesn't come across polished when speaking; his son is new generation and although at his core somewhat shy, is educated, lives local, went to school local, and has done a nice job being out front of this franchise. I like that he is such a big fan and loves owning the Bruins.

I believe his love for the Bruins will find much more success along the way. The fact he is so involved in abuse related charities is huge to me also- its easy to say the richest of the rich should be, but he is active according to stuff I hear and understands their role and how damn lucky he is and wants to help. That might be hard for people to stomach but again, I have zero idea about the father, this is strictly stuff I got on Charlie Jacobs. Others may have different stories but mine always come up the same way- very positive, no matter where it comes from.

He catches crap because of his father but accoriding to lore when he was supposed to go off on another area of the Jacobs Empire, he was steadfast he was dropping anchor here and the plan was to find a blueprint that we are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad