OT: 2014 REDSKINS Thread Part I (0 - 1 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes, timed press dump while no one is looking. So shady and down right cowardly.

The annual Mitchell report was due out today. In prep for that there was talk of two options for easement, neither of which included total removal of the penalties for both bowl games and scholarships.

The NCAA would have had to have received the report this morning, read it, considered it, and made their determination in a few hours. Then they conveniently announced their about face (1/2 the initial penalty) in the middle of the Ray Rice media ****storm.

Very sketchy indeed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I saw her slap at his head/face while walking to the elevator, then Rice smacks her as the elevator door closes, she lunges at him and he knocks her out.

Pretty clear cut.

Yup. There's a slight push then a slap as they're by the elevator control panel. It looks like he's up close and she seems to say something to him that set him off.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The annual Mitchell report was due out today. In prep for that there was talk of two options for easement, neither of which included total removal of the penalties for both bowl games and scholarships.

The NCAA would have had to have received the report this morning, read it, considered it, and made their determination in a few hours. Then they conveniently announced their about face (1/2 the initial penalty) in the middle of the Ray Rice media ****storm.

Very sketchy indeed.

It borders on scandalous based on your information. 2 games into the season PSU's "progress" warrants this reduction? I hope the NCAA doesn't skate on their deserved media roasting, but they just might. The NFL rules the roost.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yup. There's a slight push then a slap as they're by the elevator control panel. It looks like he's up close and she seems to say something to him that set him off.

Yup, Rice waits till the lady walks by and/or the elevator closes and he gives her a payback smack. Then she lunges and he cold cocks her at the same time.

Sad thing is I had a debate with my mother-in-law about the standing ovation Rice got at training camp. She being a Crows fan was standing by her man. I asked her if she would feel the same way if I was caught on camera dragging her daughter out of an elevator like a dead fish after an obvious fight between the two of us. She side stepped that one gracefully.

I am tempted to call her but it would unnecessary piling on. Very tempting though. ;)

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I saw her slap at his head/face while walking to the elevator, then Rice smacks her as the elevator door closes, she lunges at him and he knocks her out.

Pretty clear cut.

She elbowed him to the face first.

hMrLGwt.jpg

rqH1AT6.jpg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
She elbowed him to the face first.

hMrLGwt.jpg

rqH1AT6.jpg

Oh wonderful, your usual forensic screencap analysis. I think I see Holtby in the corner smacking them both around with his hair.

Watch the video closely. Her arm seems to be extended in order to press the elevator buttons. Her elbow flies straight up like it's been pulled or she's been smacked from below. Her shoulder doesn't move like it would if you were delivering an elbow, nor does the rest of her body.

The video is also choppy. There are dropped frames or missing parts of the sequence. At the moment when her arm is up, Rice's left hand disappears for a single frame, then it's back. The TMZ watermark makes it hard to see. But you can see Rice's left shoulder move upward and inward as though he made a quick move to smack or grab her arm. She could have been pulling it out of his grasp after the initial move and it would have been too fast for the frame rate. Also note that Rice's head doesn't seem to snap back from any elbow to the face. So even if she landed a blow it wasn't much.

My guess is he didn't appreciate the little sissy backhand slap she gave him in the hallway and he figured he'd teach her a lesson as soon as the doors closed. He grabs her to control her, she resists and pulls away and gets slapped. She charges and he punches her.

Much more plausible than an unnatural looking chickenwing elbow to the face out of nowhere.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
You say some ridiculous ****, but this takes the cake. He waited until they were in a closed elevator, spit in her face (for the second time), then when she defended herself he gives her two left hooks. Not one, two. He's lucky he's not in prison.

Sorry if posting events in chronological order is offensive to you.

I won't offend you you by saying who was witnessed by others spitting in the others on face in the bar.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I won't offend you you by saying who was witnessed by others spitting in the others on face in the bar.

What the hell would your point be if we assumed that's true? That she spat in his face in the bar earlier, and that made it OK for him to spit in hers and then knock her out?

This isn't some altercation on the street between strangers where a random spitting incident and fear of attack can provoke escalation of force in self-defense. These are two people who knew each other and were leaving an area together, apparently while having a lover's spat. I don't care what words or spitting is involved, you don't go from play-slapping to full force blows to the head. There's no excuse for that.

It seems like you're trying to justify Ray Rice's actions here. Is that correct?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Kind of hard to follow this sentence, but from what I can make of it, so what?

Of all I have read and seen there is nothing, NOTHING, that justifies Ray Rice knocking out his fiancée with one punch, then dragging her out of the elevator like a sack of ****.

Growing up it was permanently imprinted on my brain by my Father that the only time a man is justified to hit a woman, even sisters, is if said woman threatens your life with a deadly weapon. Spitting, slapping and/or elbowing don't come close to the deadly weapon level.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

What's offensive is you trying to justify or defend a 5'8 220 lb professional football player knocking his fiance out cold with two left hooks. Simple questions: do you think Ray Rice was defending himself? Do you think his actions were justified?

Also, proofreading helps before posting.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Good seeing Giants get thumped.

And I was going to watch some of the 2nd MNF game, but Berman is calling it with Dilfer. Horrible.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I just liked Mike Tomlin's response when asked about Ray Rice incident.

Hate the Steelers but love Tomlin.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What was his response?

Its hard to convey but in his own unique way he brushed it off basically saying "I have nothing to say about this period! So don't ask."

Its not the message itself but Tomlin has a unique way of always getting across his point with how he says something.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I of course am an idiot and homer reached on drafting Reed on my fantasy team to snag him before my fellow Skin fanatics could draft him. Injured on his first catch. Not unlike me reaching on Garcon in 2012, and his TD in his first game vs New Orleans, got injured and it lingered all year.

Do I cut my losses, or hold an injured player like I have in years past that killed my team?

Last edited:

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Washington down to 28th in ESPN's power rankings: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/2

The blurb illustrated just how useless all those RG3 completions were on Sunday:

Robert Griffin III was ineffective Sunday, attempting a career-high 14 passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. Griffin's average completion traveled 3.7 yards downfield (0.8 in first half).

38% of his pass attempts didn't even cross the line of scrimmage!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I of course am an idiot and homer reached on drafting Reed on my fantasy team to snag him before my fellow Skin fanatics could draft him. Injured on his first catch. Not unlike me reaching on Garcon in 2012, and his TD in his first game vs New Orleans.

Do I cut my losses, or hold an injured player like I have in years past that killed my team?

Your league doesn't allow you to IR players and pick up new ones? :amazed:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I of course am an idiot and homer reached on drafting Reed on my fantasy team to snag him before my fellow Skin fanatics could draft him. Injured on his first catch. Not unlike me reaching on Garcon in 2012, and his TD in his first game vs New Orleans, got injured and it lingered all year.

I too reached for Reed, well sort of. And I have already made a move to dump him..........for Niles Paul. :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't feel bad. In one league I took Lacy 4th overall and then Doug Martin in the 3rd round. Both knocked out of the game Week 1, cost me a precious win in a money league, and who knows whether they'll hold up all year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad