OT: 2014 REDSKINS Thread Part I (0 - 1 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
My reaction to DJax becoming a skin would be about 1/1000th the revulsion I felt when I heard Jagr was going to be a Capital. And just like that episode, I'll have to learn to root for the guy.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I will say, there are a lot of Hockey players I don't want on the Capitals. I can't think of any Football players I'd care about if they joined the Skins.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna
#Breaking Its official. DeSean Jackson is a Redskin.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Now looks like a three-year agreement between the Washington Redskins and WR DeSean Jackson.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If RG3 regains form they will have a stupid offense.

Of course it's the Skins and Snyder so this is likely to blow up in their faces in comical fashion.

At least it's just 3 years.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Now looks like a three-year agreement between the Washington Redskins and WR DeSean Jackson.

I don't care about that off the field rumor stuff. But a nice dangerous weapon for RGiii. Just draft some OLine for godsake.

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
With DJax in the fold, what player(s) are you hoping drop to the second round?

I'd love it if either DT Louis Nix III or G Su’a-Filo dropped to the 'Skins first pick. King Louie the third would slot in at nose tackle, letting Cofield shift to end. A front three of Hatcher-Nix-Cofield would be big and athletic - a nightmare to run against and any of those guys is capable of beating a 1 on 1 matchup in a passing situation. Rotate in Baker, Jenkins, and Bowen to keep everyone fresh. Also, with Nix in there, I think the skins wouldn't need to bring a safety in the box very often.

On the other side, right tackle is a bigger need, but Su’a-Filo is a potential probowl player from day one. He's big, athletic, and has a mean streak - but reportedly good technique as well. The opposition got pressure up the middle far too often last season. I think Su’a-Filo is capable of winning 1v1s on passing downs, letting Lichtensteiger pick up a blitzer or help the winner of the competition at the other guard spot (Chester, Luv, Ribs, Gettis). Give Polumbus some help from a TE/RB and you have the makings of a good pass protection unit. In the running game, Su’a-Filo improves the short yardage game and could open some big holes for Morris to exploit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
GZUKvFD.gif

I think our players helped sell DC, and made Allen's job a lot easier. Allen has had a strong offseason.

I think our offense will be at its best scoring from 30 yards out

#NoRedZoneThreat

In before someone else coins MeSean.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
GZUKvFD.gif

I think our players helped sell DC, and made Allen's job a lot easier. Allen has had a strong offseason.

I think our offense will be at its best scoring from 30 yards out

#NoRedZoneThreat

In before someone else coins MeSean.

I think Jordan Reed will be our RZ threat if he can stay healthy. Dude is a freak.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Jordan Reed will be our RZ threat if he can stay healthy. Dude is a freak.

I think I was the first to add him to my fantasy team.

But you nailed it. If he can stay healthy. The guy may be more injury prone than Hank.

I want a hands TE drafted later in the draft.

I saw on twitter DJ may be used out of the backfield. That is so Redskins. Maybe he will be a hands back of sorts.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
24 million with 16 guaranteed.

Thats a pretty solid deal for the Skins. I thought it would be much more.

The guy is a game breaking playmaker. We haven't had that since Santana Moss circa 2005 or so.

I do hope too that this will motivate him. Seems like he could have gotten alot more at other destinations.

Darkproducer

Mar 25, 2008
Sorry, even with is his off the field concerns, I am happy about this signing esp at that price. The fact that I live 15 mins from Philly makes me even happier haha.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think I was the first to add him to my fantasy team.

But you nailed it. If he can stay healthy. The guy may be more injury prone than Hank.

I want a hands TE drafted later in the draft.

I saw on twitter DJ may be used out of the backfield. That is so Redskins. Maybe he will be a hands back of sorts.

I do wonder if we'll target someone like Colt Lyerla in the later rounds. Paulsen is a great blocker and a good possession TE while Niles Paul is a ST demon who should be more of a threat at TE but hasn't taken that leap yet.

I'm still in awe at the contract. We are giving 16 mil guaranteed to Desean Jackson and gave 11.5 mil guaranteed to Josh Morgan! Go figure. I wonder if what Rapoport said was true -- that other teams thought DJ was going to command 10+ mil/year which is why they were reluctant to bring him in. Sounds like DJ wanted to be here as opposed to going to the highest bidder which is a nice change of pace for us.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think its safe to say having RG3 in the house and courting him along with Garcon and Hall, made Bruce's job a lot easier.

Some scoff at players having a hand in these things, but I think once a GM zero's in on someone, its fine to unleash the crew ;) to get him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can we please change the thread title? The Redskins haven't started the season yet and don't need bad Oates vibes just yet. Plus if it was up to Oates you know Alfred would be QB, RGIII would be the slot receiver, Trent would be our starting DE, and Jackson our starting free safety.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Can we please change the thread title? The Redskins haven't started the season yet and don't need bad Oates vibes just yet. Plus if it was up to Oates you know Alfred would be QB, RGIII would be the slot receiver, Trent would be our starting DE, and Jackson our starting free safety.

I don't follow the team, so someone else will have to come up with something.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
With the number two pick in the 2014 draft the Washington Redskins select:

Desean Jackson, WR from the University of Philadelphia

I love this pick up at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad