2014 QMJHL Draft prospects

Spinorama2

Aug 27, 2013
Absolutely.

I do know the the Lions have had issues in their room in the past.

Not sure what that means or how you know. Were you in the room or is it hearsay?

Every team has issues. Strong personalities and characters are bound to clash. Sometimes that is a good thing. Learning to deal with it to the betterment of everyone is the trick.

This may also be a question of just choosing one development model (path) over another.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Not sure what that means or how you know. Were you in the room or is it hearsay?

Every team has issues. Strong personalities and characters are bound to clash. Sometimes that is a good thing. Learning to deal with it to the betterment of everyone is the trick.

This may also be a question of just choosing one development model (path) over another.

Both.

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013
I just watched the final of the U18 tournament on TSN, after watching that US team I can really understand why a kid would opt for the NTDP, the US has it right in terms of development. The bonus is that the kids who end up in that program keep there NCAa eligibility and many will end up high draft choices. Win,win IMO. Clears up the Campoli mystery for me.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
What makes you say that?

More Quebec based teams getting rid of scouts and relying on end of season tournaments. It's also a weak year for Quebec and a fairly strong draft depth wise for the Maritimes so it's impossible to get a read on who will go where.

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013
I do not disagree that the 98's with some notable exceptions are not a strong group in Qc. Since the only real look at the Atlantic Canadian kids was during the Allstate game, I would like to know which kids we should be lookin for as real strong prospects.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I do not disagree that the 98's with some notable exceptions are not a strong group in Qc. Since the only real look at the Atlantic Canadian kids was during the Allstate game, I would like to know which kids we should be lookin for as real strong prospects.

The ones that stick out for me would be Evan Fitzpatrick, Mitch Balmas, Jordan Maher, Keith Getson, Luke Green, and Michael O'Leary. Haven't had a chance to watch Brett Crossley yet but his name is in the mix for a lot of people too.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
More Quebec based teams getting rid of scouts and relying on end of season tournaments. It's also a weak year for Quebec and a fairly strong draft depth wise for the Maritimes so it's impossible to get a read on who will go where.

More like end of year cash grab. Hockey Quebec wanted 425$ for the privilege to attend this tournament.

gumby and pokey

Nov 20, 2013
PEI/PQ
Posted previously:
"More like end of year cash grab. Hockey Quebec wanted 425$ for the privilege to attend this tournament".

I wouldn't have expected that there would be a charge for this event.
Does anyone know if/how much the other provinces charged as well?
To me, this is an event for each provincial branch to showcase their own players, as much as a benefit to show the results of their own high performance programs as players showcasing their skills for the scouts.
Any NCAA programs expected to attend?

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Posted previously:
"More like end of year cash grab. Hockey Quebec wanted 425$ for the privilege to attend this tournament".

I wouldn't have expected that there would be a charge for this event.
Does anyone know if/how much the other provinces charged as well?
To me, this is an event for each provincial branch to showcase their own players, as much as a benefit to show the results of their own high performance programs as players showcasing their skills for the scouts.
Any NCAA programs expected to attend?

There is a charge for everything , I think that price is cheap compared to the maritime teams. Until they get to junior the parents keep paying and paying.

Crosby12345

Mar 19, 2014
Does anybody know where Patry-Gingras Huot and Beauchamp are gonna be picked up in this draft?

Islanders78

Jul 15, 2012
Some people that I follow are Jerome Berube, Mikael Lalancette, Steve Turcotte (specifically his posts that relate to Shawinigan are almost always spot on), Anthony Marcotte, Anthony Stella, scoutman1, Station Nation, @HockeyProspctNS, Jean-Francois Dore (note: some of these people tweet a lot in french).

All solid people to follow. I would also add @QMJHL_Fanhouse

pei pride

Jan 2, 2014
any PEI kids getting drafted this year?

A few teams have shown interest in Dawson Grenier who played with ND Hounds this season but hails from PEI. IMO Hunter McIntyre(Charlottetown Islanders) and Kyle Pinksen(Kensington Wild) may also be late round picks.

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
Does anybody know where Patry-Gingras Huot and Beauchamp are gonna be picked up in this draft?

Personally I'd say ...
Nicolas Patry-Gingras - mid to late 3rd RD pick
Olivier Huot - Late 2nd RD pick
Anthony Beauchamp - Mid 5th RD pick

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
any PEI kids getting drafted this year?

Not a great year as mentioned for PEI kids to be drafted might have to wait quite a while to see the first Island kid to be taken ... Most if not all will be taken in later in Rounds but Pinksen is the best of the lot

Kyle Pinksen - F
Dylan Wheatley - F
Alex Hambly - F
Connor MacEachern - D
Parker Ronahan - D
Hunter MacIntyre - F

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad