2014 Out of Town Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

He is only 25 and hasn`t given up yet so perhaps maybe he can figure it out this year in the finnish league. Perhaps if we gave him the time in the NHL as we did Caron, this could be the coming out year in Boston, 20-20 hindsight I know. He must have been drafted #8 for a reason. I don't watch Providence so you`ve obviously seen him play more than I have.

The reason being he played junior hockey with Peter Mueller.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
5idum.gif

How the hell does he stay so fast on ice? Lessons from Lance Armstrong? Bolt pee? Alien? Never seen an anti athlete be so good. Gotta think if he keeps this up, he wont last long in the nhl.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
How the hell does he stay so fast on ice? Lessons from Lance Armstrong? Bolt pee? Alien? Never seen an anti athlete be so good. Gotta think if he keeps this up, he wont last long in the nhl.

There are guys that are just so naturally gifted that they can perform at high levels despite not being in peak condition. It's likely that Kessel is one of those people. Think about how good he could be if he was in great shape :amazed:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I'll give them credit though. If you're going to tank...I'd do with with a bottom 6 filled with enforcers as well. Entertain the fans while you build up your assets. Let your prospects marinate in the CHL and NCAA so they're more physically ready when you can contend and not burn up their ELC.

Haha, you kiddin me? Burke never tanks, he just retools. That's just his truculence oozing out.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
There are guys that are just so naturally gifted that they can perform at high levels despite not being in peak condition. It's likely that Kessel is one of those people. Think about how good he could be if he was in great shape :amazed:

You can get away with it until Father Time eventually catches you.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Yeah I get that. Naturally gifted players like Gretz & Mario. But they were great because they saw the game on a different level. Kessel, though his IQ is solid, relies on his speed a lot. That would mean that his legs have to be strong and that needs working out. Doesn't it? Maybe carrying all the extra weight does wonders for his legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad