2014 Out of Town Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It would be nice to get a right-handed shot into the line-up like Perron. Hate the idea of trading Boychuk though. Unless Chia can swing another deal to get a #3 guy like Ehrhoff or Edler as well, I wouldn't even consider trading him, even with his contract situation. He's too important to the team's success this year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-boston-bruins-for-a-david-perron-like-trade/

Stuff we already know, but what the hell, here it is again.

Finally I don't have that terrible Montreal avatar any more, life is good.

Every single one of those Hawk players listed have NTC or NMC and none will waive to go and play in Edmonton

Seems pointless for article to even mention Hawks ,, If Hawks dump a Seabrook or a Sharp in coming year they will get good deals and can send them to contenders out East not the freaking Oilers

It would be slap in face of those players if Hawks tried to trade them to Oilers especially Sharp and Seabrook

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Does anyone think the 'Canes can unload Cam Ward?

One of my faves dating back to when I saw him in Red Deer. Injuries have certainly derailed his career, but I believe there's a good 'tender still in there.

If Carolina eats some of the contract then absolutely. Calgary and Winnipeg both need goalies.

Other news from around the NHL:

Rangers likely to buy out Brad Richards:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/sto...chards-new-york-rangers-nhl-stanley-cup-final

Bobby Mac reporting Ryan Callahan likely will test the marker:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/478584803340451840

Ales Hemksy gets lowballed by Senators, also likely will hit July 1st:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/478533250365652993

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This year. After that, if you don't use them, they're gone.

They also only can be used on deals signed before the lockout iirc.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Who will give Gaborik a stupid contract?

If I hear one more Monday-morning quarterback say the Bruins should go and get him....

Lots of teams. If he gets less than 6 per, I would be shocked.

Doesn't matter if he isn't worth it.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I hope the first Boston-Montreal game is at the Garden next year. And I'll sell a kidney to be there if I have to. I only need one. I want to watch Dale Weise get ****** the **** up all night long.

I'm hoping beyond hope that the Bruins have a preseason game with Montreal. Can you say Weise getting a major hit from behind ? Sure you can and I'd like to see it happen.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone think the 'Canes can unload Cam Ward?

One of my faves dating back to when I saw him in Red Deer. Injuries have certainly derailed his career, but I believe there's a good 'tender still in there.

I think they can due to his past track record. He's an Alberta boy and Calgary needs a goalie so maybe there is a fit there.

They are going to have to pretty much give him away though with that contract. If they retain salary they could get an asset back.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pens Coach search down to three names: Marc Crawford, Ron Wilson, and John Stevens. Wilson is apparently in the driver's seat.

...Really? You go from a coach who had defensive problems in Bylsma to Ron Wilson?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Pens Coach search down to three names: Marc Crawford, Ron Wilson, and John Stevens. Wilson is apparently in the driver's seat.

...Really? You go from a coach who had defensive problems in Bylsma to Ron Wilson?

I hope they hire him. The gong show that will ensue should be highly entertaining. :)

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I hope the first Boston-Montreal game is at the Garden next year. And I'll sell a kidney to be there if I have to. I only need one. I want to watch Dale Weise get ****** the **** up all night long.

Unless Montreal signs John Scott and the Br uins play with their tails between their legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad