2014 Out of Town Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Zach Hamill

Old friend Zach Hamill is off to a great start with HPk of the Finnish Elite League, leading the entire league with 8 points (6g/2a) through the first 4 games.

http://liiga.fi/

Good to see him finally have some success. Who knows, maybe if he plays a few years in Finland/Sweden and does really well, he can try to ressurect his NHL career.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
5idum.gif

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Old friend Zach Hamill is off to a great start with HPk of the Finnish Elite League, leading the entire league with 8 points (6g/2a) through the first 4 games.

http://liiga.fi/

Good to see him finally have some success. Who knows, maybe if he plays a few years in Finland/Sweden and does really well, he can try to ressurect his NHL career.

Great to hear, too bad he never really got time to develop here but the Bruins are so deep at center.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Great to hear, too bad he never really got time to develop here but the Bruins are so deep at center.

I beg to differ with you. They gave him plenty of time to develop. Chia didn't want the 8th pick in the first round on his watch to be a bust. In terms of being an NHL player, he was a total bust, he stunk, wasn't even close.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I beg to differ with you. They gave him plenty of time to develop. Chia didn't want the 8th pick in the first round on his watch to be a bust. In terms of being an NHL player, he was a total bust, he stunk, wasn't even close.

When I watched him play in PRO, he wasn't even the 5th or 6th best F on the team. He had plenty of time to show what he could do.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't believe we had any issue calling Tyler Seguin a franchise player after "one good year."

In fact, if you were in the boat that you would trade him for Drew Doughty, you were laughed at.

Johansen is a beast, I'll eat my hat if he turns out to be a one year wonder. Most guys that have huge success in juniors, nearly just below PPG in the AHL, and a 30 goal season in the NHL aren't really candidates for "one year wonders"

If this is truly the case, then Joe we need to start negotiating a sim deal for Jaden Schwartz ASAP...after all, only one good year :naughty:

Not going to happen. If you read my post on HFL, regarding both the Johansen and Schwartz negotiations, I said that I firmly believe that both are legit players, but I can totally understand why the FO's are being cautious after only one year.

If both of these guys are confident in their "studliness", take a 1 or 2 yr deal, prove that you can produce for more than one season (for decent money), then get paid the big $$$ on your new deal.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I guess some players are later bloomers than others. I saw flashes of brilliance from him. I wouldn't say he stunk though.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Drooling over their youngsters though...Nice stable of talent..

Pro wise though, looks worse than an expansion team.

I'll give them credit though. If you're going to tank...I'd do with with a bottom 6 filled with enforcers as well. Entertain the fans while you build up your assets. Let your prospects marinate in the CHL and NCAA so they're more physically ready when you can contend and not burn up their ELC.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
When I watched him play in PRO, he wasn't even the 5th or 6th best F on the team. He had plenty of time to show what he could do.

Yeah, he was not good in the N.A. pro ranks. Although, he did lead the PB's in scoring one year, so I find it hard to believe he wasn't even the 5th or 6th best F on the team, at least for that year.

He has a ton of talent though. Great hands, great vision. If he can build up his strength and speed over time, and regain a lot of confidence, a second crack at the NHL is not completely out of the question.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll give them credit though. If you're going to tank...I'd do with with a bottom 6 filled with enforcers as well. Entertain the fans while you build up your assets. Let your prospects marinate in the CHL and NCAA so they're more physically ready when you can contend and not burn up their ELC.

Center Ice will be well worth the price again :laugh:

Scott vs McGrattan a few times a year will be fun.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I guess some players are later bloomers than others. I saw flashes of brilliance from him. I wouldn't say he stunk though.

Sobotka, Marchand, Martin St Pierre, Lehtonen, even Karsums and Reich looked better his rookie year.

The following year I would say Marchand, Lehtonen, and Whitfield looked better (Sob moved up to BOS and MSP on to Binghamton).

I probably saw him play live 15-20 times over the three years he was in PRO and I can honestly say I never saw a flash of brilliance. After his rookie year, I thought maybe he could carve out a niche in the NHL as a 3rd line C, but even that went by the wayside.

It is my understanding that he was dealing with some issues at the time that may have affected his ability to develop properly (OCD type stuff). I am not sure if this was ever acknowledged publicly or not, but I heard the "rumor" from several people who followed the PB's closely.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Center Ice will be well worth the price again :laugh:

Scott vs McGrattan a few times a year will be fun.

Guys like that should be allowed to cut promos like Reg Dunlop on his radio show. At least acknowledge they are for entertainment purposes only.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Sobotka, Marchand, Martin St Pierre, Lehtonen, even Karsums and Reich looked better his rookie year.

The following year I would say Marchand, Lehtonen, and Whitfield looked better (Sob moved up to BOS and MSP on to Binghamton).

I probably saw him play live 15-20 times over the three years he was in PRO and I can honestly say I never saw a flash of brilliance. After his rookie year, I thought maybe he could carve out a niche in the NHL as a 3rd line C, but even that went by the wayside.

It is my understanding that he was dealing with some issues at the time that may have affected his ability to develop properly (OCD type stuff). I am not sure if this was ever acknowledged publicly or not, but I heard the "rumor" from several people who followed the PB's closely.

He is only 25 and hasn`t given up yet so maybe he can figure it out this year in the finnish league. Perhaps if we gave him the time in the NHL as we did Caron, this could be the coming out year in Boston, 20-20 hindsight I know. He must have been drafted #8 for a reason. I don't watch Providence so you`ve obviously seen him play more than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad