2014 Offseason Free Agent and Trade Talk V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
It might be respectable but 'our kids' don't need to be taught PP specialty and how to break out of the zone. They need to be taught DEFENCE. Boyle is a skater. These kids need to learn how to stay at home and DEFEND. Or just put gardiner as C next to kessel lol

For the money and who's available, Mitchell is far and away the guy we want.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
If not, I hope the try to sign Dominic Moore

Good player but I reckon he is a little to good for us at this stage. I think lots of contending teams view him as a trust worthy 4th line player and he will take the team who have a good chance of winning. Most teams interested will probably offer similar money.

officialmark*

Sportsnet says Leafs are serious about Boyle.

If so I'm done with this team, management never learns.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
McClement leaving. Interesting.

Someone on these boards in this trade thread even mentioned that he knew someone close to McClement who said that Jay was talking about leaving Toronto and signing with Boston around the same time the regular season ended. Can't say this surprises me now.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Anyone else think a good consolation prize to Boyle is Weaver? Guy looked SOLID despite his age in Montreal, and IMO would make an ideal solid vet presence and pairing partner for one of the kids.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Because if the Leafs and him don't negotiate a contract he doesn't play next year and the Leafs could say sign a contract by ______ date because we need to budget our team for other players or you don't play at all.

Gardiner and his agent aren't going to take hypothetical situations too seriously and the pay won't change much team to team either.

The Leafs can say whatever they want all they hold is negotiation rights they play dictator like that the agent just says trade me then. You can bet your house that if they're negotiating contract there's a level of security that he's not being moved. It stands no purpose to have your client unsigned and be negotiating contract with a team that's planning to move you. As an agent you do your due diligence on behalf of your client and demand to know what the plans are for your client just to get to the table and negotiate other wise your not doing your job rep. your client.

officialmark*

It's literally one in so many different rumours flying around, and without considering them all together you can't evaluate based on just one.

Which is the reason I said I would be upset IF we got him. If Leafs management is even considering going after 38 year old Boyle instead of trying to acquire an 18 year old Boyle is why we are doomed to mediocrity. He's obviously a stop gap that would help us to get to the playoffs, and nothing more. Leaf fans like yourself that are fine with it are the reason why we will never get better.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Which is the reason I said I would be upset IF we got him. If Leafs management is even considering going after 38 year old Boyle instead of trying to acquire an 18 year old Boyle is why we are doomed to mediocrity. He's obviously a stop gap that would help us to get to the playoffs, and nothing more. Leaf fans like yourself that are fine with it are the reason why we will never get better.

He's a stop gap that will provide guidance to Rielly and Gardiner. Not everyone on the team needs to be 18 ****ing years old

Stop taking "fans like you" shots at people. God damnit

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
He's a stop gap that will provide guidance to Rielly and Gardiner. Not everyone on the team needs to be 18 ****ing years old

oddly enough... I agree with Cor

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

the heck?

I don't know if i can say this enough we. need. older. people. We need players born north of 1983. You can get an 18 year old player as well as signing players such as Boyle.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

JSBTl.gif

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Hey guys,

According to Vancouver radio station News1130 Sports, the Vancouver Canucks have contacted Toronto Maple Leafs centre Dave Bolland.

https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/481866130341261312

News1130 Sports

‏@News1130Sports·

#Canucks have called 2 big names UFA's today - Dave Bolland and Ryan Miller.

11:26 AM - 25 Jun 2014

The Leafs should trade Dave Bolland's rights to Vancouver for a top prospect or a high draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad