8) Reinhart
9) Pastrnak
10) Virtanen
11) Ritchie
12) Milano
13) Sanheim
14) MDC
15) Fabbri

Reinhart is really starting to figure the NHL game out. It seems to be slowing down for him, and he doesn't appear as weak on his feet. 8 is way too low, I'd still have him at 2nd.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's gotten plently of chances.

6 individual high scoring chances, 11 individual scoring chances and 12 shots in 8 games.

For comparison Bennett also has 6 individual high scoring chances, and 15 individual scoring chances and 12 shots in 11 games.

Virtanen also leads our team in hits.

Also before this turns into a Virtanen vs Bennett thread I'm not saying that Virtanen is as good as Bennett. Just trying to show that he while on the ice he has been very effective at creating scoring chances.

I also understand that Bennett has not had the perfect start to the season and that he will most definitely improve. But if Bennett has been good enough to be in the NHL then I think Virtanen deserves to be in the NHL as well.

Just curious, but are those 6 high scoring chances included in the list of 11, or is it 6 + 11?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's 11 scoring chances, 6 of them being high scoring chances.

Could be wrong. Either way pretty good.

I figured. I was thinking damn... 17 scoring chances is over 2 a game, which would be crazy considering he has 0 goals.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
While I'm a big fan of Draisaitl, Reinhart is being underrated here. No way he should be less than 4th on this list. Smart player - just not highlight worthy flashy in the NHL.

champs*

1) Ekblad
2) Nylander
3) Larkin
4) Draisaitl
5) Bennett
6) Ehlers
7) McCann
8) Reinhart
9) Pastrnak
10) Virtanen
11) Ritchie
12) Milano
13) Sanheim
14) MDC
15) Fabbri

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
While I'm a big fan of Draisaitl, Reinhart is being underrated here. No way he should be less than 4th on this list. Smart player - just not highlight worthy flashy in the NHL.

I thought Reinhart should be second but to be fair he just hasnt improved his offensive skill level in 2 years.

Hes improved his skating, his strength, his positioning . But his actual offensive acumen has come to a slow grinding halt in terms of growth.

I think is still better than Draisaitl in the long run but right now he does not look it.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think there are about 6-7 fanbases who think "their" prospect should be no lower than 4th. Deep draft, still very early, and many guys are having a good start in the NHL, that makes for not much seperation between players.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think there are about 6-7 fanbases who think "their" prospect should be no lower than 4th. Deep draft, still very early, and many guys are having a good start in the NHL, that makes for not much seperation between players.
There was a glut there before McCann emerged, and now he's getting grouped in with that 2nd tier. For what was supposed to be the down year between 2013 and 2015 it looks very impressive.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I remember when the 2014 was seen as the really weak draft in between the 2013 and 2015 drafts. Cool how a year of development can change things, as the top 10 in 2014 now looks stacked with 15 or so players who could be argued should be in it.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
1) Ekblad
2) Nylander
3) Larkin
4) Draisaitl
5) Bennett
6) Ehlers
7) McCann
8) Reinhart
9) Pastrnak
10) Virtanen
11) Ritchie
12) Milano
13) Sanheim
14) MDC
15) Fabbri
Playing in the AHL, yet is number 2 on the list :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
1) Ekblad
2) Nylander
3) Larkin
4) Draisaitl
5) Bennett
6) Ehlers
7) McCann
8) Reinhart
9) Pastrnak
10) Virtanen
11) Ritchie
12) Milano
13) Sanheim
14) MDC
15) Fabbri

Sometimes I think you guys just want to stir up things.:laugh:

3rd or 4th leaf ive seen rank Nylander 2nd.

for me the top 3 stays the same untill further evidence has been seen.

almost all ypur players on the list have played well in te big league and have risen, like Larkin, McCann and so forth.
But Nylander where does he come in?

the 4-10 is what needs to be changed, and Willie sure as hell hasnt risen to 2nd.

For once id like an objective explanation for that ranking, other than biased potential.

Also, all leafs that rank willie like this, for some reason rank Ehlers 4-6 spots lover, the same fans that keep saying they have nothing against Ehlers, and that him and Willie are close.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
McCann over Reinhart is just hilarious, love Jared but cmon.

I have a funny feeling that the rankings will change every couple of weeks when a player gets hot. :laugh:
I still have the top 4 as Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett and Draisaitl with the order of the last three being pretty much interchangeable.
Guys like Larkin, Pastrnak and McCann are being moved up too quickly IMO.
We need to see more consistent play before I do that.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
1) Ekblad
2) Nylander
3) Larkin
4) Draisaitl
5) Bennett
6) Ehlers

With all the guys playing in the NHL doing well, you really think Nylander should be second in a redraft right now? A lot of guys are producing at/close to the same rate as NYlander in the NHL, while hes still down in the AHL. Nylander belongs out of the top 6 right now for a redraft

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Seriously, do Leaf fans really believe this? Or is it just a vocal minority? Because it comes across as really silly how often Nylander is ranked ahead of guys who not only were originally drafted ahead of him, but guys who are actually playing and producing in the NHL while Nylander toils in the AHL.

Maybe he does become the second best player in the draft. But right now, that's based on absolutely NOTHING. Guys who get ranked behind him on Leaf fans lists are already proving they can produce at the NHL level, not just put up nice stats in the AHL.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Sometimes I think you guys just want to stir up things.:laugh:

3rd or 4th leaf ive seen rank Nylander 2nd.

for me the top 3 stays the same untill further evidence has been seen.

almost all ypur players on the list have played well in te big league and have risen, like Larkin, McCann and so forth.
But Nylander where does he come in?

the 4-10 is what needs to be changed, and Willie sure as hell hasnt risen to 2nd.

For once id like an objective explanation for that ranking, other than biased potential.

Also, all leafs that rank willie like this, for some reason rank Ehlers 4-6 spots lover, the same fans that keep saying they have nothing against Ehlers, and that him and Willie are close.

With all the guys playing in the NHL doing well, you really think Nylander should be second in a redraft right now? A lot of guys are producing at/close to the same rate as NYlander in the NHL, while hes still down in the AHL. Nylander belongs out of the top 6 right now for a redraft

The draft isn't about who makes it first, it's about who will be the best player when it's all said and done. And that is very subjective. If someone feels Nylander will be the 2nd best player from the draft, you can't really say they are wrong because you don't know.

Would you guys take Luke Schenn over Pietrangelo and Karlsson?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
"2014 re-draft- to be updated after each game"

An accurate time to redraft will be 2019 after they are all in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad