2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
DLR was an unsexy pick too :). vrana is a detroit type pick, he has a solid foundation but its gonna take a while before his game develops. ultimately i think hes gonna be a better player than alot of the midd to late 1st rounders, hes a good pickup if youre a patient team

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
the only player i pray to god we dont draft is hunter smith, assuming we trade down for 2 2nd's

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I liked what little I saw of Vrana, he wouldn't be the worst pick in the world if he's still around at our pick. Descent size, good work ethic and all around awareness on both side of the puck. He might even have a Plekanec type upside if everything pan's out. We could do a lot worst potential wise. He's already playing against man too which is a plus. That being said, I'm still a proponent of trading down and acquiring a second round pick, this is the kind of draft where quantity might be better than quality down the road.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
this is how the first round of my mock draft looks like:

1. Florida Panthers: Aaron Ekblad, D, Barrie (OHL)
2. Edmonton Oilers (from Buffalo Sabres): Sam Reinhart, C, Kootenay (WHL)
3. Buffalo Sabres (from Edmonton Oilers): Sam Bennett, C, Kingston (OHL)
4. Calgary Flames: Leon Draisaitl, C, Prince Albert (WHL)
5. New York Islanders: Michael Dal Colle, LW, Oshawa (OHL)
6. Tampa Bay Lightning (from Vancouver Canucks): Nick Ritchie, LW, Peterborough (OHL)
7. Carolina Hurricanes: William Nylander, RW, Sodertalje (Sweden)
8. Toronto Maple Leafs: Jake Virtanen, RW, Calgary (WHL)
9. Winnipeg Jets: Brendan Perlini, LW, Niagara (OHL)
10. Anaheim Ducks (from Ottawa Senators): Nikolaj Ehlers, LW, Halifax (QMJHL)
11. Ottawa Senators (from Nashville Predators): Kasperi Kapanen, RW, KalPa (Finland)
12. Arizona Coyotes: Kevin Fiala, LW, HV71 (Sweden)
13. Washington Capitals: Robby Fabbri, C, Guelph (OHL)
14. Dallas Stars: Jared McCann, C, Sault Ste Marie (OHL)
15. St Louis Blues (from Detroit Red Wings): Ivan Barbashev, LW, Moncton (QMJHL)
16. Columbus Blue Jackets: Alex Tuch, RW, USA NTDP (USHL)
17. Philadelphia Flyers: Haydn Fleury, D, Red Deer (WHL)
18. Minnesota Wild: Nikita Scherbak, LW, Saskatoon (WHL)
19. Vancouver Canucks (from Tampa Bay Lightning): Dylan Larkin, C, USA NTDP (USHL)
20. San Jose Sharks: Jakub Vrana, LW, Linkoping (Sweden)
21. Detroit Red Wings (from St Louis Blues): Adrian Kempe, LW, Modo (Sweden)
22. Colorado Avalanche: Roland McKeown, D, Kingston (OHL)
23. Pittsburgh Penguins: David Pastrnak, RW, Sodertalje (Sweden)
24. Vancouver Canucks (from Anaheim Ducks): Travis Sanheim, D, Calgary Hitman (WHL)
25. San Jose Sharks (from Calgary Flames): Thatcher Demko, G, Boston College
26. Tampa Bay Lightning (from New York Rangers): Julius Honka, D, Swift Current Broncos (WHL)
27. Los Angeles Kings: Sonny Milano, LW, USA NTDP (USHL)
28. Montreal Canadiens: Connor Bleackley, C, Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
29. Chicago Blackhawks: Josh Ho-Sang, RW, Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
30. New Jersey Devils: Nikolay Goldobin, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

i tried to make a move for #26/#27 but the pickers wouldn't budge. i couldn't believe that Milano/Honka/Bleackley were all available at that point. woulda been so happy if i could have gotten any 2 of them :(, Bleackley + Milano preferably

i'd be ecstatic if either 1 of those guys fell down to us on draft day, cant see it happening tho

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't really want much to do with Goldobin. He just strikes me as the guy at the next level that for all his talent, flair and flash, he'll do a whole lot of exciting things that lead to nothing.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
kinda hoping we trade down to an early 2nd + midd 2nd and snag either Petersson or Dougherty if there aren't any interesting players at #28 (and pick up a solid forward midd-round, theres a bunch of them). im personally learning towards Petersson, apparently a few scouts have said that he has the highest upside of all the european players

6'4 D (albeit he hasn't filled his frame yet) who was converted from C to D and hes a solid 2way player, remind you of anyone? :D

markov_andrei_4.jpg

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
kinda hoping we trade down to an early 2nd + midd 2nd and snag either Petersson or Dougherty if there aren't any interesting players at #28 (and pick up a solid forward midd-round, theres a bunch of them). im personally learning towards Petersson, apparently a few scouts have said that he has the highest upside of all the european players

6'4 D (albeit he hasn't filled his frame yet) who was converted from C to D and hes a solid 2way player, remind you of anyone? :D

markov_andrei_4.jpg

It's been a bit of a shaky transition to be honest. From what I've seen, he's been inconsistent and is still working on positioning, gap control, pinching etc. HOWEVER, he's definitely got upside. He's very skilled, good physical package (even before filling out), and obviously high IQ.

I think it might be tricky picking him in the first but, to me, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch - you just never know! A good value pick after ~40 I'd say.

Sanheim, Vanier, Pettersson, Glover, Masin..... Lots of good defenceman in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad