Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I would trade Kane for Reinhart, not Ekblad, Draisaitl or Bennett.

I think Reinhart can be very special, a one-two punch of Reinhart and Scheifle can be very elite one day.

Buff could be traded for a forward or two.

14-15 might be tough but a Reinhart led wave of young players for 15-16 is very exciting.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I think Fabbri should be ranked much higher than most have him. I'd be ok trading down a few and getting Fabbri and a top half second round pick.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Did you read Terrel's take on him? He did a great job summarizing...

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/6/11/5773786/terrels-2014-draft-rankings-part-5-1-10-aaron-ekblad-sam-bennett-leon-draisaitl-NHL

8. C Dylan Larkin (US National Development Program, USHL) - Even among a very strong USNDTP crop Larkin has made his presence known. He broke out in a big way this year and solidified the centre of the ice between great wingers like Alex Tuch and Sonny Milano. He has a superb hockey IQ in both ends of the rink. He understands both how to find the soft areas in the offensive zones and how to check hard in the hard areas of the defensive zone. He not only plays a strong a two-way game but he adds slick hands and strong offensive instincts. His shot is quick and deceptive. While he still needs to add strength and refinement to his reads he has superb two-way instincts for the next level. He can potentially play all 3 forward positions with huge success.

Birthdate: July 30, 1996. Height: 6'0''. Weight: 192lbs.

NHL Projection: Smart, slick twoway 1st line center

Comparable: Patrick Marleau

why isnt he higher on other lists?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I think Fabbri should be ranked much higher than most have him. I'd be ok trading down a few and getting Fabbri and a top half second round pick.

I am a big Fabbri fan. Have him in my top 10, personally. I can see why others don't, but I just think his overall game and potential is actually quite impressive, despite his size.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

My opinion is I believe many still question his offensive capabilities and ceiling. He's a bull in a china shop in terms of his work ethic and motor. He'll without a doubt be an excellent third line two-way forward. But I think with the combination of tools he has he will find his groove much like guys like Ladd, Callahan, etc. have to become top 6 wingers.

I could absolutely see the Jets taking Larkin at 9th, and a perfect replacement for Ladd he would be in a few years. Which would actually work out rather well just as Ladd is ageing into his 30's and his production will likely slow. And yes, I think Ladd will be here long-term. ;)

I'd certainly be happy with Dylan Larkin.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

Because they're not as smart as us? Haha, just kidding. Larkin is a late riser. I'd say wait til McKenzie's final rankings come out. His last one was in January and Larkin was ranked 20. A lot of things could've happened between then and now. I bet he'll be higher.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Awesome job on the site Matt :handclap:

Look forward to reading more!

Yeah Kudos for the sight from me as well. This year I've taken more of an interest in the potential draftees than ever before and love having another option to read up on the players. Great job Matt :handclap:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Landeskog >>> Kane. The Jets wouldn't have to improve as much as the Avs did. The Avs were a complete tire fire in 2013. At least the Jets were somewhat of a competitive team last year.

I'm just not a fan of Kane and feel it's time to move on and get some assets before he loses value.
Did you know E Kane is a top 20 even strength goal scoer over the last three years?

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
As has been said, Larkin just seems to scream a TNSE pick. I'd be ok with moving down to acquire Fabbri and a 2nd round pick as well. There are alot of options in this draft the Jets can go with and I'd be ok with honestly. Looking to be a wild draft as far as predicting.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Did you know E Kane is a top 20 even strength goal scoer over the last three years?

22nd, actually

But still, Gabe is 86 on that list.

If you're after Pts/60 then Kane is 50th, Gabe 72nd.

So yeah, Kane<<<<Landeskog is a really tough sell

EDIT: Also, Kane has the lowest SH% of all the players above him by a whole percentage point (!!!). He could easily be higher with some puck luck.

jetkarma*

22nd, actually

EDIT: Also, Kane has the lowest SH% of all the players above him by a whole percentage point (!!!). He could easily be higher with some puck luck.

he was really high for posts hit a few years back , so yeah to that too

jetkarma*

1) All first picks are not created equal.

With the way our first round picks have played , I think even the most vocal Chevy detractors would have to have pay attention to your point and to agree that the Jets will have a pretty sound book on this years top prospects.

If the Panthers or Islanders ( or whoever ) is willing to trade the Jets will have a price set that they would be comfortable with , and conversely ones that aren't.

I don't want the Jets to overpay ( sure no one does ) and if there is that trade option and we don't make it , then I am more than comfortable to draft at 9 . I think some people underestimate the price it would take to get the top pick and as you point out not all top picks are the same value . If it makes sense to make that trade then I am positive the Jets will pursue that option , see if it can be completed , if not I also am sure they won't keep adding to the offer to make it an offer that couldn't be refused.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
22nd, actually

22nd per minute. I was talking total goals. Solid either way.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Do y'all think that Fabbri has a higher upside or or likelihood of success than Petan? If so, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad