2014 Canada World Junior team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Anybody else think horvat playing out of position is effecting him a bit?.

I don't think he has ever played wing in his career.

Dunno where you're getting that idea from? He's played tons of minutes on the wing with London. Friends a die hard London fan, and I was a huge Horvat fan... Seen him play lots of minutes at LW.

Edit: Hell, even the Knights website lists him as a LW..

(I know his natural position is C, but he's definitely played a lot of wing in his career.)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Dunno where you're getting that idea from? He's played tons of minutes on the wing with London. Friends a die hard London fan, and I was a huge Horvat fan... Seen him play lots of minutes at LW.

Edit: Hell, even the Knights website lists him as a LW..

(I know his natural position is C, but he's definitely played a lot of wing in his career.)

My mistake then.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
You have your beliefs, I know how Sutter works. Each player will have a role. There are no better defensive RH shot defensmen available. I would bet even money or better Severson makes this team and plays a large role.

You very well may be correct, but I'll tell you what I've been saying for 2 years. If we go with a predominantly 1994 team, we will lose. I'll bet you even money or better. I'm right more often than I am wrong.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3m

USA goes up 4-0 after a great play by Adam Erne to set up the goal.

Defensive trainwreck.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Monahan is playing C!? :)

Ehh good point. Really the two of them should be the ones taking most of the draws. Monahan was voted 3rd best in the OHL Eastern conference by coaches at faceoffs and Horvat was voted 2nd best in the OHL Western conference.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Nurse is looking quite poor this game, but in his defense, the entire defense is looking poor.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 1m

Down 4-0 with 11:55 left in the 3rd, Canadian coach Brent Sutter calls timeout ... Leipsic just took a kneeing penalty

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Not much positive from any Canadian players. I don't think you can draw much from today's game.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Nurse is looking quite poor this game, but in his defense, the entire defense is looking poor.

The defence has been poor, but Nurse has taken his fair share of dumb penalties and undisciplined plays (in the tournament)... (trash talking the ref, etc.)

He can't be doing that on the big stage.. He needs to keep himself in check.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The defence has been poor, but Nurse has taken his fair share of dumb penalties and undisciplined plays... (trash talking the ref, etc.)

He can't be doing that on the big stage.. He needs to keep himself in check.

Absolutely, but it is something that the kid will learn over time.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Not much positive from any Canadian players. I don't think you can look too much into today's game.

I think the opposite, just because they are playing poor does not give the players a mulligan.

Even if it's an exhibition game, show some pride and come out firing in the last 10 min.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
You very well may be correct, but I'll tell you what I've been saying for 2 years. If we go with a predominantly 1994 team, we will lose. I'll bet you even money or better. I'm right more often than I am wrong.
I will go with Sutter who is undefeated as a coach at the under 20 level through 20 games.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Lots to work on for Sutter and Hockey Canada for the next 5 months. It will be interesting to see how he builds this team. On the good news from 15 year old Tyler Benson looks good at the mentorship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad