2014 Canada World Junior team

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
the problem with reinhart is he's going to be suspended for the first 3 games of the tournament, i think. while this won't affect his inclusion on the team - i doubt they'd give the C to someone who is missing the beginning of the tourney...and someone less lazy than i am needs to either go to google or tweet some of the wjc-related journalists...b/c i remember clearly last year they said reinhart's suspension would be carried over to the tourney games...but can't remember where i read/heard it.

i would think if either rielly or drouin are still around it would be one of them. if not, i'd guess monahan (if he's there), after that i'd guess laughton or horvat, maybe hudon.

That is true, suspension carries over. The only thing I'm not sure of, do the exhibition games count? Exhibition games are IIHF sanctioned games and anything occurring in them is subject to supplementary discipline, so it makes sense that the reverse would be true, that a suspended player would be ineligible to play in an exhibition game thus it would count towards serving the suspension. Whether the IIHF sees it this way I have not been able to figure out...My guess is the IIHF does not and Reinhart will play in the ex. games and sit out the 1st 3 games.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
That is true, suspension carries over. The only thing I'm not sure of, do the exhibition games count? Exhibition games are IIHF sanctioned games and anything occurring in them is subject to supplementary discipline, so it makes sense that the reverse would be true, that a suspended player would be ineligible to play in an exhibition game thus it would count towards serving the suspension. Whether the IIHF sees it this way I have not been able to figure out...My guess is the IIHF does not and Reinhart will play in the ex. games and sit out the 1st 3 games.

i have it very firmly in my head the exhibition games don't count and it's the 3 tournament games he has to miss. the thing is, i don't remember how i came up with that...but it must have been from somewhere... :dunno:

arsmaster*

It's semantics, but I don't believe the exhibition is IIHF sanctioned at all. It's just that the IIHF will review key incidents in these games.

It's like an OHL suspension. IIHF upholds those suspensions too.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It's semantics, but I don't believe the exhibition is IIHF sanctioned at all. It's just that the IIHF will review key incidents in these games.

It's like an OHL suspension. IIHF upholds those suspensions too.

It may very well be semantics, but that is the language Gord Miller uses every time there is an incident in an ex. game that may come under review.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If you want the guy who'll score more its Shinkaruk. The guy with 86 goals in his last 2 seasons.

If you want a pylon that could be ok when there's no pressure on him, I guess Mantha is your man.

Not sure why 2 years ago matters talking about the now, considering Shinkaruks offensive output went down last season. Also not sure why you would call Mantha a pylon when hes a great skater and has a 6'4 player's wingspan. Mantha scored 13 more goals last year and had 5 goals in nine playoff games, pretty sure theres pressure there, Shinkaruks playoff numbers are a little moer underwhelming to say the least and only had 2 goals in 11 games the year before.

Castle1*

Both were drafted close together. Both could do well. Both could bust. Time will tell.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Not sure why 2 years ago matters talking about the now, considering Shinkaruks offensive output went down last season. Also not sure why you would call Mantha a pylon when hes a great skater and has a 6'4 player's wingspan. Mantha scored 13 more goals last year and had 5 goals in nine playoff games, pretty sure theres pressure there, Shinkaruks playoff numbers are a little moer underwhelming to say the least and only had 2 goals in 11 games the year before.

Well ya look who he played with last year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Both were drafted close together. Both could do well. Both could bust. Time will tell.

And I'm not saying I dislike Shinkaruk, all I said was I would put him on the second PP because hes more of a playmaker and Manthas style would work better with those other 2. I think Mantha is a better goal scorer though.

But saying that that one Canuck fan started going off about how hes bad under pressure and a lazy pylon so I figured I would point out a few things to prove he wasnt right.

I think even most Canuck fans would agree that the PP lines I posted would make more sense would they not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad