Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals X - The Trade Shoe Dropped - FALLOUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
That might have something to do with the play being 100% in Yale's zone.

What an awful goal, that was a jinx post. 2-1 Boston University.

Yeah, that's true. I haven't seen much of O'Connor so I don't see him as the guy that will save our goaltending depth, but that's just me. Yeah I couldn't believe how bad that goal was, right off the glove and in. Heartbreaking for a goaltender

The Jangle Meister*

I want to see us go after Burns on D

Methot-Kalrsson
Cowen-Burns
BoroCop-Ceci

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
In my opinion, we need a top 4 LHD and a 3rd pair mobile RHD.

I didn't see much of last nights game against the Rangers, but I thought that the Borowiecki/Gryba pair looked much too slow to keep up with them.

3rd pair mobile: Chris Wideman says hello.

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
Yeah, that's true. I haven't seen much of O'Connor so I don't see him as the guy that will save our goaltending depth, but that's just me. Yeah I couldn't believe how bad that goal was, right off the glove and in. Heartbreaking for a goaltender

He's a prospect, that's it, a promising one though.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
In my opinion, we need a top 4 LHD and a 3rd pair mobile RHD.

I didn't see much of last nights game against the Rangers, but I thought that the Borowiecki/Gryba pair looked much too slow to keep up with them.

realistically thats what we should aim for but i hope we can get a second pairing and role with something like this next year

Methot-Karlsson
2nd pairing
Boro/(one of cowen/wier)-Ceci

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't Wikstrand supposedly the best defencemen not playing in the NHL & is he not considered a top 4 left shot defenceman who could potentially step in next yr?

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
One bad game and Wiercioch and Ceci will never be 2nd pairing material? We can't afford any decent free agents this year with our cap situation, so everyone will just have to be patient with those two.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
One bad game and Wiercioch and Ceci will never be 2nd pairing material? We can't afford any decent free agents this year with our cap situation, so everyone will just have to be patient with those two.

ceci has been playing below what his average has been for a while and wier is way too inconsistent to be a stable solution for a top 4

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
ceci has been playing below what his average has been for a while and wier is way too inconsistent to be a stable solution for a top 4

I don't disagree with what you're saying about Ceci, but I think if we went out and got him a veteran guy to pair with he'd be fine in that role. I doubt we do that, but a guy can dream, haha.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't disagree with what you're saying about Ceci, but I think if we went out and got him a veteran guy to pair with he'd be fine in that role. I doubt we do that, but a guy can dream, haha.

i know what your saying, im dreaming that we can add 2 defenceman so ceci can excel in a #5 and pp role

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Should we trade a 7th or future considerations for a third stringer from another team?

The Jangle Meister*

Hoffman + Wiercioch + 2015 2nd (to start) for ROR

Lehner + Chiasson + Michalek for Burns

ROR-Turris-Stone
Burns-ZIbanejad-Ryan
MacA-Pageau-Lazar
Paul-Smith-Condra

BigBush*

Hoffman + Wiercioch + 2015 2nd (to start) for ROR

Lehner + Chiasson + Michalek for Burns

ROR-Turris-Stone
Burns-ZIbanejad-Ryan
MacA-Pageau-Lazar
Paul-Smith-Condra

That's a lot to give up for UFA OReilly, especially considering Hoffman could be the better player

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We have more than enough forwards and not even close to enough quality defensemen.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
That's a lot to give up for UFA OReilly, especially considering Hoffman could be the better player

O'Reilly has been playing out of his mind for a while. I used to think going after him would be useless, but if w can get him for a deal like this then it would be an easy decision I would think.

BigBush*

O'Reilly has been playing out of his mind for a while. I used to think going after him would be useless, but if w can get him for a deal like this then it would be an easy decision I would think.
Whaaaaaaat? How is it an easy decision giving up a 30 goal scoring rookie++

BigBush*

ROR has been flat out dominant, and is an excellent two way player. Hoffman can't really take over a game the way ROR can.

What? Hoffman is every bit as much of a game breaker as OReilly.

OReilly is better defensively but it's not like a Hoffman is a liability out there

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hoffman should be regarded as a part of the future core. I'd be pretty disappointed if he was in a deal for a guy who's a UFA in a year, and I'm sure the Avs would be thrilled to get Hoffman as a centerpiece.

Personally I'd rather we keep Cowen, but it's clear that Cameron doesn't want him in the lineup and I could see him being moved in a package for O'Reilly. Something based around Michalek, Cowen, pick/prospect for O'Reilly (with re-signing interest confirmed before trade) would be fair for both sides.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If we're looking to improve on the LW then we likely are going to need a LW back

MacArthur? NTC
Greening? :biglaugh:
Condra? He's not going to return anything interesting
Michalek? I doubt it and I think he's got some kind of NTC or a limited one

Hoffman would likely the be sought by the other team

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What? Hoffman is every bit as much of a game breaker as OReilly.

OReilly is better defensively but it's not like a Hoffman is a liability out there

The hell. ROR isnt a game breaker and he isnt a dominant player.

ROR and Hoffman will both have near the same production only Hoffman is more of finisher and ROR a set up guy. Obviously ROR is more reliable defensively though. ROR is not a game breaking forward though. When Duchene is on hes a game breaker ROR is not.

BigBush*

The hell. ROR isnt a game breaker and he isnt a dominant player.

ROR and Hoffman will both have near the same production only Hoffman is more of finisher and ROR a set up guy. Obviously ROR is more reliable defensively though. ROR is not a game breaking forward though. When Duchene is on hes a game breaker ROR is not.
Exactly. My comment was more directed to say Hoffman is just as able to take over a game the way OReilly can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad