Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals X - The Trade Shoe Dropped - FALLOUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
7 is a bit much, but I don't think anyone is getting O'Reilly at a bargain price. In the end I think it's worth it to add a player who is young, capable of providing offense and is difficult to play against in all situations.

I think O'Reilly could be the type of player to really excel in the playoffs too by wearing down and frustrating the opposition. With him and Stone spread out playing more than half the game I think the result could be you have teams who are scared to try to make plays.

thats the question though, how much would we be willing to pay vs how much he thinks he is worth

im perfectly fine with giving him 6.3-6.5 million for 5 to 7 years, wouldnt give him 7 though

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
thats the question though, how much would we be willing to pay vs how much he thinks he is worth

im perfectly fine with giving him 6.3-6.5 million for 5 to 7 years, wouldnt give him 7 though

That's understandable for sure. I would hesitate to give him 7, but I might even go as high as 7.5 to be honest. Luckily I don't have the pressure of making these decisions because There's a lot of risk involved.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
ROR is at minimum getting a Bobby Ryan contract.

i personally wouldnt give him that but thats just me

he produced offensively with an elite line mate something he wont have here in ottawa

ryan was able to take advantage of circumstance (with the whole alfie leaving and ottawa handing over our first to get the deal done asap scenario) so he knew ottawa was going to resign him. did ottawa negotiate sure, but ottawa didnt have enough leverage to get a better deal and everyone knew that, so ottawa pretty much had to resign him.

if someone gives him that contract i really hope its not us

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
ROR imo is a 18-23 goal scorer who will hover around 50-55 points most years well playing solid yet slightly overrated defense but having an aptitude for forcing turnovers. Colorado fans i've talked to seem to think hes a better winger then center. ROR wont drive a line either. He's a good complimentary player who will be paid like a go to guy.

Lets remember that Murray was asked about ROR fairly recently and he said something to the effect that he thinks Colorado will be going in a different direction. I remember him saying ROR was a good player but its didnt really seem like he had any serious talks with Sakic or Roy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
wasn't it tim murray who brought him to our camp? tim murray is in buffalo now.

He will get NHL games right away with Ottawa, and will allow the Sens to trade Lehner in the off-season for help elsewhere. I don't think he is as good a goaltender as Lehner, although I have admittedly never seen him play, but he fills a capable backup role and opens up cap/money for the future.

Not sure why that would matter, he came to Ottawa's camp, and was recruited by more than just Tim Murray.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I still want Ottawa to trade for Ekholm solid top 4 d that could pick up first pairing duties if Methot goes down, and Ekholm - Ceci would be an absolutely amazing 2nd pair.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I hope we get the O'connor guy if Hammond's banged up and Andy can't return. Not much faith in Driedger

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jason Labarbera or Ilya Bryzgalov for a 6th?

Aim higher.

Send a 3rd over to TO for Reimer? Is that enough? We could recoup some of the value by moving him in the offseason.

We need 9 games of a capable starter, not guys like Bryz and Labarbera who are more likely to lose us games than win them. Rather go with Driedger.

The Jangle Meister*

my trade targets would be Simmonds, Hall, Lucic, ROR, and Burns. Yes, expensive.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We also need to clear two D if we are to bring in one dman

We are not in an enviable position in terms of upgrading the roster: considerable RFA raises and too many bodies

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We also need to clear two D if we are to bring in one dman

We are not in an enviable position in terms of upgrading the roster: considerable RFA raises and too many bodies

If we sell low on some of our extra bodies I think we can free up cap space to make a run at signing atleast 1 defenceman

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Watching the BU vs Yale game, and BU just tied it up. But I've been much more impressed with Yale's goaltender than O'Connor

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
Watching the BU vs Yale game, and BU just tied it up. But I've been much more impressed with Yale's goaltender than O'Connor

That might have something to do with the play being 100% in Yale's zone.

What an awful goal, that was a jinx post. 2-1 Boston University.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
In my opinion, we need a top 4 LHD and a 3rd pair mobile RHD.

I didn't see much of last nights game against the Rangers, but I thought that the Borowiecki/Gryba pair looked much too slow to keep up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad