Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals X - The Trade Shoe Dropped - FALLOUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If you trade for ROR to play centre then he pushes Turris, Zibanejad, Pageau, & Legwand down a line & keeps Lazar & Smith on the wing? If you trade for ROR to play left wing than he would push Hoffman, Michalek & MacArthur down a line & Puempel would be stuck in Bingo along with Paul, Lindberg & Robinson.

Personally, I would create a brand new line with ROR to spread the scoring around a little more & give other teams another top line to worry about.

1a) Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
1b) MacArthur - ROR - Chiasson - ROR's skill should improve this line offensively
1c) Michalek/Puempel - Turris - Stone
1d) Paul - Lazar - Lindberg - could be a dynamic future line with size, speed & skill

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
low end first liner and not a game breaker or good goal scorer

Game breakers are never traded. Good goal scorers are barely ever traded. A 1rst liner is a 1rst liner, if you can get one like you did wih Bobby you do it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You dont trade Hoffman. Every team needs a Hoffman.

He's not untouchable. I'd trade him. I might not be actively shopping him, mind you, but he's not on my "never ever" list either.

I mean, I wouldn't trade him just because I can or whatever, like... I wouldn't trade the kid because I don't want him on the team or anything. I like him. He's a plus guy.

If some GM offers us a pure hokey trade makes sense for the Sens and he's involved though, I wouldn't hesitate to move him. You just have to make sure you win whatever trade you are sending him off in.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
IMO, the most likely scenario that ends with Hoffman being moved is if we can't come to terms with him on his next contract. He has already been up front about wanting a shorter term deal to bridge to a big payday in a couple of years. If we can't lock him in with term, then the team may balk at giving him a decent payday for a short term deal.

All hypothetical, but I do see Hoffman's contract as being potentially difficult to get done. Especially with other RFAs needing to be signed.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's not untouchable. I'd trade him. I might not be actively shopping him, mind you, but he's not on my "never ever" list either.

I mean, I wouldn't trade him just because I can or whatever, like... I wouldn't trade the kid because I don't want him on the team or anything. I like him. He's a plus guy.

If some GM offers us a pure hokey trade makes sense for the Sens and he's involved though, I wouldn't hesitate to move him. You just have to make sure you win whatever trade you are sending him off in.

Lol Bonk, you know what I meant.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hoffman was moved

He's going to get paid and we have a ton of raises that are due for next year

I wonder if Lehner + Cowen + Hoffman gets us something very nice

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I would only move Hoffman if we were packaging him with other pieces for a bonafide star. He's been an elite offensive player at even strength this season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Players improving a lot after 25 is a rarity

I don't think it's reasonable to expect Hoffman to get a lot better.

It is possible, Alfredsson got better after 30 but that's not common

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Really thinking Zbynek Michalek would be a good candidate to target in free agency. Could use a more responsible partner for Ceci. Not too high profile, not to expensive, and we have his bro.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
IMO, the most likely scenario that ends with Hoffman being moved is if we can't come to terms with him on his next contract. He has already been up front about wanting a shorter term deal to bridge to a big payday in a couple of years. If we can't lock him in with term, then the team may balk at giving him a decent payday for a short term deal.

All hypothetical, but I do see Hoffman's contract as being potentially difficult to get done. Especially with other RFAs needing to be signed.

Thats not what he said. He said he knows it wont be two years and he inferred that if its long term we'll see. Which i took to mean long term will be considerably more expensive then short term

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Really thinking Zbynek Michalek would be a good candidate to target in free agency. Could use a more responsible partner for Ceci. Not too high profile, not to expensive, and we have his bro.

I'll be impressed if Murray can jettison Cowen to make room for him. Gryba too.

Based on what I've seen lately, I take back my belief that he can be a Top 4 d-man. He can't. He's got cottage cheese between the ears.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah Cowen just seems too dumb to be an effective top 4 dman

The guy is huge and doesn't use his size whatsoever, even after being benched for so long

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hoffman won't be moved until the summer of 2016 if contract stuff gets messy. He will be a RFA with no arbitration rights, so the Sens will qualify him and make a likely low ball 2 year deal offer at most. It will be the following summer if he does a 1 year deal that he'll have some leverage re arbitration and his production.

I don't see any reason to move him, even if we do push him to a 3rd line. Playing him with Pageau and Lazar on a 3rd line would be a terrific line next year. He'd also get PP time with some of the other top 6 forwards, so no major change to his ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad