Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion | Stauffer: Slepyshev NOT KHL re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Why would Oilers bring Larsen back? OKC has Musil, LaLeggia, Oesterle, Betker, Gernat and Simpson singed for next year. And we could still see Davidson/Hunt returning for another year, and of course Darnell Nurse could start in the AHL. Horak is not coming back to play in the AHL. Plus OKC has: Ewanyk, Yakimov, Platzer, Moroz, Khaira, R Hamilton, Kessy and Chase signed for next year. And Oilers have still to sign M-O Roy, Houck and potentially Slepyshev. Then you have vet guys like C Hamilton and Miller maybe returning for another season, and Draisaitl potentially going to AHL to start the year. OKC will be crowded at forward too, I see no need or place for Horak.

At this point of their careers, I'd wager Larsen is better overall than all of the defence named there, even Nurse. Same with Horak and the forwards listed. Plus neither of them blocks a prospect of notice (the team has zero RH d-prospects, and none of Kessy, Moroz, and Roy merit starting the season in Bakersfield's top 6.

Frankly Bakersfield's offence doesn't really look that deep, even if there are a number of bodies signed for next year. I highly doubt any of Ewanyk, Platzer, Moroz, Khaira, Kessy, Chase, Roy, Houck, or even Slepyshev are impact players at the AHL level next year (>0.5 PPG -- and Slep's the only one there I could see realistically challenging this). I expect Draisaitl and Yakimov to be the only young players that can drive a line at the AHL level come October.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Getting a few of the KHL guys back would be a bit of a boon for the farm system here. Personally i'd like to see Slepyshev, Horak, and Larsson come over. Horak and Slepyshev are fairly obvious as for why, but Larsen would give the team a depth a RH defenceman, and he could take on Hunt's role with the team this year.

Have...
Hamilton-Draisaitl-Miller
Horak-Yakimov-Slepyshev
Davidson-Larsen
Nurse-Simpson
Brossoit

... as your main group in Bakersfield

Larsen did not look out of place as a RW as well...not a bad guy to have in the pressbox

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Slepyshev is currently with the russian NT trying to win a spot with the WC team and also just had a baby so I doubt he'll come to OKC for the playoffs. Oilers still have two years to sign him under the new CBA so no need to panic at least. I think there's still a chance he comes over this fall but who knows with a new kid, might wanna stay close to home.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Slepyshev just had a baby??

I'd say chances of him coming over next year went to near zero.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
No one seems to be talking about it, but Tyler Vesel and the UNO Mavericks will be playing for the NCAA championship.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Slepyshev is currently with the russian NT trying to win a spot with the WC team and also just had a baby so I doubt he'll come to OKC for the playoffs. Oilers still have two years to sign him under the new CBA so no need to panic at least. I think there's still a chance he comes over this fall but who knows with a new kid, might wanna stay close to home.

I'm more excited for Slepyshev than any of the prospects. I hope he comes over.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I could imagine him (Slepyshev) being more comfortable stay home.

Though considering he's playing in Ufa (actually not too far from where both Yaks are from/played), it might be easier to convince him to cross the Atlantic vs. If he were playing in Moscow or St. Petersburg.

Also depends on the ruble, which has rebounded over the last little while.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
A bit of a tangent here but, we really need to try and get Rajala back in this organization.

That draft year was looking a lot less horrendous than it did when he starting trending upward heavily. I really wonder what the hell happened. Him and Lander could be a solid 3rd line tandem atm.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
That draft year was looking a lot less horrendous than it did when he starting trending upward heavily. I really wonder what the hell happened. Him and Lander could be a solid 3rd line tandem atm.

He showed in three different NA leagues that he can play the NA game. We let him go for two reasons:
1. We didn't want another small skilled forward.
2. There was no way we'd give him a 1 way, and he was going to make more money in Europe.

However, considering the chances we're giving players like Arcobello and Miller, you'd think that a guy like Rajala would get a chance as well. I hate how we let talent like this walk away. It's so typical.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
He showed in three different NA leagues that he can play the NA game. We let him go for two reasons:
1. We didn't want another small skilled forward.
2. There was no way we'd give him a 1 way, and he was going to make more money in Europe.

However, considering the chances we're giving players like Arcobello and Miller, you'd think that a guy like Rajala would get a chance as well. I hate how we let talent like this walk away. It's so typical.

They mutually decided to terminate the contract I can't remember why exactly but I thought he had some family thing going on and wanted to be closer to home.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
They mutually decided to terminate the contract I can't remember why exactly but I thought he had some family thing going on and wanted to be closer to home.

I thought it was an agreement on use of player? He knew he didn't have a chance at our NHL squad due to our oversupply of similar forwards, and the Oilers agreed?

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I thought it was an agreement on use of player? He knew he didn't have a chance at our NHL squad due to our oversupply of similar forwards, and the Oilers agreed?

No that was Tobias Rieder his agent and him thought right after we drafted Yakupov there wasn't much room on the wing and he wasn't really a 3rd line guy so the rumour is they asked for a trade. I am like 95% sure Rajala was a family thing happened and he wanted to be close.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
No that was Tobias Rieder his agent and him thought right after we drafted Yakupov there wasn't much room on the wing and he wasn't really a 3rd line guy so the rumour is they asked for a trade. I am like 95% sure Rajala was a family thing happened and he wanted to be close.

Rieder hadn't even signed a contract yet. So I think they just said they wouldn't sign with Edmonton.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
1-0 Kelowna after the 1st period, Draisaitl with a secondary PP assist.

Not sure what Chase did, but he got himself a game misconduct, and on his way to the dressing room threw his mouth guard on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad