Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion | Stauffer: Slepyshev NOT KHL re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Welp seems like i'm reading Slepyshev just signed a 2 year contract in the KHL.

I thought he was supposed to come over this offseason? I know he has a newborn but quality of life would be a lot better in Bakersfield (assuming he's in the farm next season) than in Russia
Can't really knock the guy I guess. It is his home country after all

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Excerpt from the KHL news site:

http://www.khl.ru/news/2015/04/13/234061.html

Google translation:

"Extension of contracts 04/13/2015

Similar offers "Salavat Yulaev" did Slepysheva striker Anton (1994) and Stepan Khripunov (1995), so that these two young players received bilateral contracts for two years."

Checked the link and it looks to me that Salavat just made a 2-year qualifying offer to Slepyshev, while he didn't sign it yet. Also at his KHL player profile contract duration is until 30-th of April 2015.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I thought he was supposed to come over this offseason? I know he has a newborn but quality of life would be a lot better in Bakersfield (assuming he's in the farm next season) than in Russia
Can't really knock the guy I guess. It is his home country after all

$70k supporting 3 people is not exactly a lot in Bakersfield.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

True but if what JTS said is correct and the oilers and him were on the same page recently and it sounded like he would come over you would have to think he is okay with that as his wife would of been pregnant already and he would of been making decent money the last two years.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

His signing bonus could be at least that. Unless he feels the need to own his own home outright, $140K or so is plenty enough to support 3 people.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
True but if what JTS said is correct and the oilers and him were on the same page recently and it sounded like he would come over you would have to think he is okay with that as his wife would of been pregnant already and he would of been making decent money the last two years.

Guaranteed KHL money is better than empty promises. I'd only sign with the Oilers if the AHL-money was closer to the KHL money he would make.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Guaranteed KHL money is better than empty promises. I'd only sign with the Oilers if the AHL-money was closer to the KHL money he would make.

I agree I just meant it as in if he was planning to come over this year and his wife has been pregnant this whole season if he was still planning to he may have actually made some smart decisions with his salary so the move was still possible.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Based on what exactly?
Average 3 bedroom house in Bakersfield is $185,000.

After tax, $70k would get you something like little over $4000/mth. Cost to support a family of 3 would be like $2500+ in monthly expenses. I'd imagine living in Cali you'd want to live life more handsomely.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
After tax, $70k would get you something like little over $4000/mth. Cost to support a family of 3 would be like $2500+ in monthly expenses. I'd imagine living in Cali you'd want to live life more handsomely.

Do you have kids?
More likely would be that he'd want to go home and have a nap.

Once you have your kid stuff(Crib/toys ect) cost for a under one year old are pretty low. Cost to rent a 3 bdr in Bako are about 900-1300 a month on craigslist. Food is actually a lot cheaper in the States than in Canada. So i don't know where you get $2500 a month. Either way, the $4000 a month more than covers it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Do you have kids?
More likely would be that he'd want to go home and have a nap.

Once you have your kid stuff(Crib/toys ect) cost for a under one year old are pretty low. Cost to rent a 3 bdr in Bako are about 900-1300 a month on craigslist. Food is actually a lot cheaper in the States than in Canada. So i don't know where you get $2500 a month. Either way, the $4000 a month more than covers it.

You know these guys have a life outside of hockey and at 21, father or not, you will still go out. You still have to pay for property tax, utilities, groceries, medical care, car payment etc. $2500 is being conservative. And putting away $1500/mth in savings is not a lot especially for hockey players.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
You know these guys have a life outside of hockey and at 21, father or not, you will still go out. You still have to pay for property tax, utilities, groceries, medical care, car payment etc. $2500 is being conservative. And putting away $1500/mth in savings is not a lot especially for hockey players.

You either pay property tax & utilities & mortgage or rent, not both (unless rent doesn't include utils) - mortgage on 180000 is about $900 a month. Medical is taken care of by the team. I know for the ECHL there is actually something available to make it easier to buy a house, I'd be surprised if the AHL doesn't have the same.

Everyone is different, I just know what I've been through, and I certainly don't go out as much, or spend nearly as much when I do, even on the road. $1500 might not be much for savings, but I doubt that Slepyshev's plan is to spend the rest of his career in Bako, and I'm sure everyone here would be disappointed if it was.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
To get him to come over the Oilers the Oilers can offer Slepyshev what they gave Yakimov, which is a $925K AAV with a $70K AHL salary and a $92.5K signing bonus each year. That means that even if he does not play a game in the NHL he will make $162.5K.

If he plays in the NHl, and it would not surprise me if he did get a few games, he would make his prorated NHL salary which would equate to about $10K per game (though the actual number is based on days on the roster).

Slepyshev is a more mature prospect than Yakimov was when he comes over. If he plays up to his potential he could well be in the NHL for a good part of his second year and possibly earlier if there are injuries. It won't take a whole lot to get the call over the Ryan Hamiltons or Matt Frasers of the world.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Nurse and the Soo Greyhounds have won their series against Guelph and will face the Erie Otters in what should be a great matchup. McDavid is coming off scoring 14 points in 4 games against the London Knights which is ridiculous to say the very least. I am very excited to watch this matchup.

Nurse will be have a tough task in front of him to shut down McDavid. So far during these playoffs Nurse currently has 4 points in 8 games and is a +13.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse and the Soo Greyhounds have won their series against Guelph and will face the Erie Otters in what should be a great matchup. McDavid is coming off scoring 14 points in 4 games against the London Knights which is ridiculous to say the very least. I am very excited to watch this matchup.

Nurse will be have a tough task in front of him to shut down McDavid. So far during these playoffs Nurse currently has 4 points in 8 games and is a +13.

A big task indeed, hopefully he's up to it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I wonder if we can pick up a fellow hound to play with nurse.

Senyshen and bailey stood out above McCann and bunting to me.

Bailey is a very good hockey player. I was hoping the Oilers would end up with him. He had a solid year in his draft year but did not put up a lot of points in good part because of his role with the Rangers. But you could see as the season went on that he was starting to really get it going.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Unless McDavid has an insane series SSM should win this one. They are just so deep.

Agreed. Aside from the game played in Buffalo, Erie never looked dominant over Niagara. Their goaltending and D are average, while SSM has the deepest back end in the league. Erie obviously has the edge upfront, but Hounds are nothing to laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->