2014-2015 News Around The NHL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Anyone see this? While I don't like what was said, it's understandable he's frustrated with the Panthers after learning about being bought out by email. It's not respectful, but actually is the sad truth.

Sorry. I couldn't figure out how to embed the Tweet.

https://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/status/648517468223336448
Here you go.

I don't care what he has to say about the Panthers. I'm just uninterested in going through another round of the "South Florida doesn't deserve a team" comments from up north.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/boyes-knows-he-ll-need-to-produce~714884

That quote was taken out of context. The line of questioning was about Boyes playing near family, having nobody around was referring to his wife, kids, friends. Start at 3:00. Jonas Siegel is a clown. TSN too. They cut to Babcock then bring it back to Boyes to make it seem like he's saying how great the Toronto market is when it's clearly just a continuation of the conversation before the cutaway.

Here, I'll transcribe the whole quote:

Yeah everybody's thrilled. It's a big deal. I was on the phone a lot yesterday returning messages, so it's real exciting. My family is very happy about it. I don't have to move my kids around, which was nice too. That was one of the most important things to have too, some stability for my family. It's going to be exciting, probably more exciting than when I was in Florida and nobody was around, being in front of family goes a long way, I've traveled around and it's the first time I've been able to do that (play near family), I've been in destinations that are a lot farther away and family hasn't been able to visit or see me certain times of the year.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's actually so far out of context it's funny. TSN has really gotten bad since they lost NHL rights. That's also on Harv, for retweeting that without trying to find the full quote, which 2 minutes of research would have done. I mean I don't know Boyes at all, but from everything he's said about how much he loved it here, I found it funny he'd say that. 2 seconds of research proves I'm right, and he didn't say anything bad at all. Harv is around the team everyday and doesn't find that quote to be weird coming from him and doesn't look into it at all? We need a better beat reporter.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

That quote was taken out of context. The line of questioning was about Boyes playing near family, having nobody around was referring to his wife, kids, friends. Start at 3:00. Jonas Siegel is a clown. TSN too. They cut to Babcock then bring it back to Boyes to make it seem like he's saying how great the Toronto market is when it's clearly just a continuation of the conversation before the cutaway.

It's actually so far out of context it's funny. TSN has really gotten bad since they lost NHL rights. That's also on Harv, for retweeting that without trying to find the full quote, which 2 minutes of research would have done. I mean I don't know Boyes at all, but from everything he's said about how much he loved it here, I found it funny he'd say that. 2 seconds of research proves I'm right, and he didn't say anything bad at all. Harv is around the team everyday and doesn't find that quote to be weird coming from him and doesn't look into it at all? We need a better beat reporter.
To be fair, I tried to see that video yesterday and couldn't since TSN implemented those stupid geo restrictions a few years back.

Though I doubt Harvey would have looked at that video even without those restrictions.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

good find.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
George Richards and the Miami Herald, have no news in 7 days, during training camp?

Terrible coverage of the team right now, if it wasn't for other passionate fans of the team, you could almost not follow this team.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

Wow. Amazing how everyone took the whole quote the wrong way because of it being shoterned. I had a feeling that the media made it look bad on purpose to rip a Sunbelt team. Boyes always seemed like a respectful guy, which is why I was very surprised to read the tweet yesterday.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To be fair, I tried to see that video yesterday and couldn't since TSN implemented those stupid geo restrictions a few years back.

Though I doubt Harvey would have looked at that video even without those restrictions.

Hola for chrome

Anyone want to make the new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad