2014-2015 News Around The NHL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Isn't he on a one-way contract though?

I don't hate the guy like many others and hope he somehow succeeds somewhere. Just not here. I also want the Canes to do well as another struggling Sunbelt team.

All that means is he gets paid the same in the AHL or NHL. Can still send him down of he is bothersome

i actually still have my Steeger Jersey and proudly rock it

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
#Habs announce forward Tomas Fleischmann will be at camp on a PTO

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don't see the big deal.

No charges yet. Until then, why should they suspend him or keep him out of TC?

Hurt the team for good PR?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

With all the lip service they've given to being such an upstanding, top notch organization over the years, this seems like a step in the wrong direction. Roethlisberger was suspended without having charges filed. To me, it sends the wrong message.

Edit: And like Puma (I liked Mavs better) said, the only reason the team is being so patient with this ******* is that he's supremely talented. There's no chance that another, less talented player would be allowed a fourth chance with one team.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Me neither....if you are of the mind that yes, he is innocent till proven guilty. Completely fair.

My only issue with this, actually stems back to Mike Richards. different incidents, different organizations, yes....but if this was Brian Bickell and not Patrick Kane, do you think he attends camp or has his contract terminated? Mike Richards isnt 'guilty' yet right?

If it was Doughty accused of trying to cross the border with illegal substances would his contract get terminated?

Awful precedent here. Some dead weight contract player makes a mistake he can get terminated but just because the player is a star....all is fine and dandy.

Dont like it from that perspective.

Otherwise, no issue with him attending...he is 'innocent' after all.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Me neither....if you are of the mind that yes, he is innocent till proven guilty. Completely fair.

My only issue with this, actually stems back to Mike Richards. different incidents, different organizations, yes....but if this was Brian Bickell and not Patrick Kane, do you think he attends camp or has his contract terminated? Mike Richards isnt 'guilty' yet right?

If it was Doughty accused of trying to cross the border with illegal substances would his contract get terminated?

Awful precedent here. Some dead weight contract player makes a mistake he can get terminated but just because the player is a star....all is fine and dandy.

Dont like it from that perspective.

Otherwise, no issue with him attending...he is 'innocent' after all.

think that was just Dean trying to get rid of Richards on a hail mary.

More than likely it'll backfire on Dean, but IIRC then he can still buyout Richards.

Don't think it was a wise move by him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
think that was just Dean trying to get rid of Richards on a hail mary.

More than likely it'll backfire on Dean, but IIRC then he can still buyout Richards.

Don't think it was a wise move by him.

If it backfires, his contract hits the books plus a recapture penalty so its more i believe.

Voynov isnt voided either btw.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If it backfires, his contract hits the books plus a recapture penalty so its more i believe.

Voynov isnt voided either btw.

Ah, my info could of been wrong. Kind of stopped watching those Richards threads after it turned to mindless insults between fanbases.

Yea, it goes to show that if the player is still producing, the team will stand behind him. If the player falters, the team will try anything to get rid of them.

Has Voynov received word if he can still stay over here?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
^^Wow. People joke about Tallon and his character thing, but those kind of guys could be team killers. Not to mention when you're talking about a prospect in relation to this, how you could be in danger in wasting a 1st round pick.

Last edited:

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Was there a reason as to why he didnt sign with us?
Only way to find out is insider info, and I doubt anybody has that. He did sign with SJ for the max of 925K, so maybe Tallon wasn't willing to match. It also could be something as simple as he didn't like the future of our organization.....who knows.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wouldn't worry about losing Donskoi, he's not going to be a very successful player in NA unless he makes drastic changes to his game. We already saw in the WHC's how his game became less effective when the time and space gets taken away, that's only going to be multiplied in a NA sized rink.

And Donskoi a scorer, please. The guy didn't even reach 20 goals with a stacked team.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I wouldn't worry about losing Donskoi, he's not going to be a very successful player in NA unless he makes drastic changes to his game. We already saw in the WHC's how his game became less effective when the time and space gets taken away, that's only going to be multiplied in a NA sized rink.

And Donskoi a scorer, please. The guy didn't even reach 20 goals with a stacked team.
I'm gonna hold your feet to the fire if he makes SJ and has a good year.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad