Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
We lose him as a UFA if he doesn't make the team, essentially.

Also, it's just flat out incorrect to say that he would need to play in the top six. I'd want him in the bottom six and I think that is where his future is.

Have to go through the waivers if called up? That's not very good.

But I agree this club isn't 4 lines of score-fail to score-grind-grind any more.

Edit: No that's not it, help me out here. :laugh: Game limits?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I can understand expecting those 3 to make it, BUT WHY BRING IN GLASS WHY.

cause they want a fighter. Stupid but true. I'd say Carcillo is still signed

not sure why people are so mad though. Its one guy that will play 4 th line minutes. Most of the others are back

Kreider, Stepan, St Louis
Nash, Brassard, Zuccarello
Hagelin, Miller, UFA/Trade..............Righty shot? Heck Setogucci or Stempniak at this point
Glass, Moore, Carcillo (hopefully) or Fast

Boyle in for Stralman. Kostka in for Diaz............Hunwick instead of Falk

Goaltending Is the same

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Do not love what happened to last years team. Today pretty much sucked horse.

Boyle left for peanuts. Not happy.

Stralman got paid. No problem with that. We couldn't afford him.

Add 38 yr old Dan Boyle for 2 yrs I can take that. I like his offensive intuitiveness. He's smooth up top on the pp and I like smooth. Even strength he's gonna struggle.

DD I liked but he's not irreplaceable.

Tanner ****ing glass for 3 yrs seriously ?? :help:

Moore resigned makes me happy. Love the guy.

Poo leaving I think is really gonna hurt us. I don't like him letting him walk. At all. Bad.

Adding Jt miller is good but I DONOT LIKE OUR CENTERS TOP TO BOTTOM. We are too small and too slow and pretty void of creativity. This will hurt us. Big time.

Not sure what sather was doing today other than building a really solid wolf pack team.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Do not love what happened to last years team. Today pretty much sucked horse.

Boyle left for peanuts. Not happy.

Stralman got paid. No problem with that. We couldn't afford him.

Add 38 yr old Dan Boyle for 2 yrs I can take that. I like his offensive intuitiveness. He's smooth up top on the pp and I like smooth. Even strength he's gonna struggle.

DD I liked but he's not irreplaceable.

Tanner ****ing glass for 3 yrs seriously ?? :help:

Moore resigned makes me happy. Love the guy.

Poo leaving I think is really gonna hurt us. I don't like him letting him walk. At all. Bad.

Adding Jt miller is good but I DONOT LIKE OUR CENTERS TOP TO BOTTOM. We are too small and too slow and pretty void of creativity. This will hurt us. Big time.

Not sure what sather was doing today other than building a really solid wolf pack team.

2 million a year isn't peanuts for a team with cap issues

Stralman wanted too much from us

Boyle I have to see before I make my final judgement on the signing

Dorsett was replaceable but Glass???

Moore good

Did you see the contract Pouliot signed? It's horrific

Miller replacing Richards is the only move we made as far as centers. He probably won't put up as many points but he's a hell of a lot faster and may be able to play a 3C role better. It's a cap friendly move.

We don't have the cap space to keep the same team together or sign Stastny. I'm not disappointed with the moves made. Just hoping Fast Miller Lindberg step up and round out he bottom 6

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
RFAs Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider and J Moore all to The big team. 20 contracts. We then sign Poo replacement plus possibly Carcillo. 22 contracts
RFAs Bourque, Kristo and Missiaen all resign to Hartford. Maybe we pick up one more AHL body/NHL tweener for The Pack. Or Skjei maybe goes pro. Plus an AHL Contract or two for the Pack.

Then,The trade speculation begins... I do believe we will see something Quite dramatic as Sather is going all in now. Scary stuff

Last edited:

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I'm okay with the Boyle signing but the rest I don't care for. We need another winger so I'm expecting another signing or possible trade.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Kreider - Stepan - ??
Zucc - Brassard - Nash
Hagelin - Miller - MSL
Glass - Moore - Fast/Carcillo

McD - Girardi
Staal - Boyle
Moore - Klein
Hunwick/ Kostka

This is not a bad team
Lines are 1A, 1B and 1C + fourth line
Gotta figure Richards would have Continued regressing fast. Miller will not put up his points but others that now get new contracts need to put up some of that difference as well
Happy with Dom Moore resigning. Good value for a very important piece
Glass is far too heavily criticized here. Fitting in Byron Boy was not possible for his 4th line roll when the cap only went up to $69 M. Too tight now.
Glass + Iversson + 216.667 in cap space > Dorsett. Or at least close. Term was obviously a bit long as has been pointed out.
I also understand the reasoning behind the Boyle pickup and letting Stralman walk. But it is a big chance if Boyle continues to regress. Especially next year IMO. Losing Stralman for nothing was of course not good but pretty inevitable when you see how things went on the overhyped UFA market
The ??? is interesting = The Poo replacement
Not sure who we will see there, but pretty sure Sather will be squeezing all 4 of our Remaining RFAs pretty hard to fit in one missing piece. I think Penner is the most likely candidate. But there are many more - just a matter of seeing where we spend our $$ on the RFAs. Gorton was pretty much hinting they will exceed the summer cap. Maybe Skjei goes pro as well. Time will tell.
If Mac steps up we will likely trade Klein so that Sather can pick up one more piece at the deadline.

Last edited:

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
We need someone to Centre MSL and Hags...throwing a reclamation project name who would come cheap ($1M) Peter Mueller. His concussion woes are a thing of the past, he showed serious potential before the inury trouble, MSL could reignite that skill he showed in Phoenix

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
So Hawks have to make some moves since they are 2m over the 69m cap atm so what about Bickel? Size double check, shot check, playoff performer check. Could he be had for Kristo maybe? With some luck maybe they can retain a couple of 100Ks but I doubt it.

And while playing around at capgeek you can understand why they let Boyle go for a half million cheaper Glass, we don't got much room for a solid semi expensive upgrade.

Klein can go to Detroit for a second.

FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($2.500m) / J.T. Miller ($0.894m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / Derick Brassard ($4.000m) / Mats Zuccarello ($4.000m)
Tanner Glass ($1.450m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Jesper Fast ($0.805m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Girardi ($5.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Boyle ($4.500m)
John Moore ($1.300m) / Dylan McIlrath ($0.703m)
Mike Kostka ($0.650m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,990,000; BONUSES: $1,036,667
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,000

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Stralman wanted exactly what we gave Boyle, plus three more years. That's not outrageous considering that Boyle's a decade older than him.

Do you have proof of that? Floridas lack of income tax easily factors into this. I doubt he would've signed for 4.5 in a top 5 most expensive place to play where Florida is top 3 cheapest. Money matters and Sather doesn't feel like Stralman is part of the long term plan

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Do you have proof of that? Floridas lack of income tax easily factors into this. I doubt he would've signed for 4.5 in a top 5 most expensive place to play where Florida is top 3 cheapest. Money matters and Sather doesn't feel like Stralman is part of the long term plan

If Sather had a long-term plan, then 14 years should've been enough to pull it off.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
So Hawks have to make some moves since they are 2m over the 69m cap atm so what about Bickel? Size double check, shot check, playoff performer check. Could he be had for Kristo maybe? With some luck maybe they can retain a couple of 100Ks but I doubt it.

And while playing around at capgeek you can understand why they let Boyle go for a half million cheaper Glass, we don't got much room for a solid semi expensive upgrade.

Klein can go to Detroit for a second.

FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($2.500m) / J.T. Miller ($0.894m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / Derick Brassard ($4.000m) / Mats Zuccarello ($4.000m)
Tanner Glass ($1.450m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Jesper Fast ($0.805m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Girardi ($5.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Boyle ($4.500m)
John Moore ($1.300m) / Dylan McIlrath ($0.703m)
Mike Kostka ($0.650m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,990,000; BONUSES: $1,036,667
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,000

So we are softening up our defense and forcing Mcilrath in for a guy who doesn't score in the regular season?

Rangers are not adding a 4 million dollar salary at this point.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
So we are softening up our defense and forcing Mcilrath in for a guy who doesn't score in the regular season?

Rangers are not adding a 4 million dollar salary at this point.

Maybe not but at the same time how much will Sather leave left to the cap and the day he's done making moves by July 2nd is when he have retired.

McIlrath didn't looked good at all in his short stint with the big club but that's half a year ago, but most importantly he and the coaching staff saw him in real action getting to know what he truly needs to work on. How much progress have he done since then? I can't tell since I haven't seen a single game with him since then but Buekboom have said he's close to being ready and if he's not there is Allen who played a really steady and solid game. He plays on the right in Hartford, can he do at NHL level?

And for Bickel not scoring in reagular season, he's almost at the same production rate as Poo, we need to replace him. Zucc and Brassard needs a shooter on their line or the will pass the puck til they pass out.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
We lose him as a UFA if he doesn't make the team, essentially.

Also, it's just flat out incorrect to say that he would need to play in the top six. I'd want him in the bottom six and I think that is where his future is.

I don't see him as a good fit anywhere on the right. He's definitely not good for the 4th line since his play away from the puck is horrendous. He's 4th on the RW depth chart.

Where does he play and with whom?

Trade him if he can't make his NHL games quota.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Anyone think maybe Ryan Haggerty makes the team.

I know Haggerty and Matt Bodie signed as FA and I believe 1 way contacts so where do they go if they don't make the big team.

Hartford??

Also isn't Bodie sign for just 1 year--I guess were now just trying out FA out of college.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009

I know Haggerty and Matt Bodie signed as FA and I believe 1 way contacts so where do they go if they don't make the big team.

Hartford??

Also isn't Bodie sign for just 1 year--I guess were now just trying out FA out of college.

Nevermind I just noticed they both will be RFA in 2016.

Should have looked that up before writing.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

Hartford??

Both if them is bound to the A

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Man Hartford is stacked this year.

Alot of kids knocking on the door--maybe that Sather's plans hope for the best this year and then the kids start to take over for the Vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad