Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
From a value standpoint I'd happy move Staal for Hall. We don't have a replacement for him though, so I'm not sure how it would work.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Staal for Hall makes sense in a hostage scenario, but if Edmonton has free will it doesn't.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I dont want Taylor Hall. Awful in his own end. He IS part of the problem there. Everything was handed to him at a young age. He hasnt learned to play the game.

The hate on Staal is ridiculous

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dont want Taylor Hall. Awful in his own end. He IS part of the problem there. Everything was handed to him at a young age. He hasnt learned to play the game.

I'm not "hating" on Staal. There's a very real chance he's moved though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Amazed im reading here that people want another winger lol

Same people that want to move Staal im sure

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I just.........what?

Hall is the 2nd best winger in the league......

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
U have nash Kreider miller Zucc MSL and a rookie third line center and people want a 6 million dollar winger than has played on a losing team his whole career

HF logic

Oh yah and give up one of your big 3 dmen for another kid dman from a bad team

Awesome

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
U have nash Kreider miller Zucc MSL and a rookie third line center and people want a 6 million dollar winger than has played on a losing team his whole career

HF logic

Awesome

Staal for Hall is a deal you do 100 times out of 100.

I'd also look to move MZA for a defenseman if at all possible.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that the Rangers play the season out with Staal and let him go to FA. The team has championship aspirations and, despite the fact that I personally am a fan of Alllen, the organization doesn't appear to think that they have anyone ready to step up to take his place (unless Skjei leaves school mid year). So, unless they can somehow contrive to move Staal and get a solid LD back in the same transaction, they may just ride it out, shoot for the Cup, and then let him walk. If that's the case, I don't love the asset management, but I can certainly see the logic.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

HF logic

Awesome

I mean Nash was a big money winger who played for losing teams his entire career. The fact that Hall has been stuck in Edmonton shouldn't necessarily be held against him.

The point about our preexisting wing depth is valid. Staal, however, may have to be moved whether we want to or not.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I mean Nash was a big money winger who played for losing teams his entire career. The fact that Hall has been stuck in Edmonton shouldn't necessarily be held against him.

The point about our preexisting wing depth is valid. Staal, however, may have to be moved whether we want to or not.

Preexisting depth should not be a concern if you have a chance to acquire a player like Hall. Players can be moved around to fit him and I'm sure somehow would be headed back their way in any deal.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think all this Hall stuff is a pipe dream but if you have the chance to land him you do it and worry about where the other pieces later. Having a surplus of wingers isn't a bad thing, means you can move one to fill another spot.

The only thing wrong with Hall is that he plays for the Oilers (well, that and he hasn't been able to stay on the ice.)

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
He's a damn good one, but I'd put Perry, Kane, Benn, Nash, Voracek, Marleau, Oshie, Kessel, Ovechkin ahead of him, with Gaborik/Couture/Parise on the same level as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad