Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 3: We Decompose

Status
Not open for further replies.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Where did you hear this? And why would we want Kassian ...

Something someone retweeted on my twitter feed this morning. First showed up from some Canucks fan I'm guessing named frank, and then again from Spector's. As far as why would we want Kassian? No clue

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

This is what BPR is talking about in the injury/misc thread, I figured that this is the appropriate thread. I don't know who this guy and he only has 600 followers

It's worth noting that this guy is the only one to speculate Kassian to DAL on Twitter .

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
All it really says is that Dallas sent a scout to see him and wasn't happy about wasting the trip with Kassian being scratched

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Well they wanted to watch him for a reason and it's not because he's the next Gretzky.

I think it's worth speculating. He's pretty much a bull on skates and is right handed.

The worst part is he's dumb as rocks... between him, Garbutt and Roussel we would have the Three Stooges.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Well they wanted to watch him for a reason and it's not because he's the next Gretzky.

I think it's worth speculating. He's pretty much a bull on skates and is right handed.

The worst part is he's dumb as rocks... between him, Garbutt and Roussel we would have the Three Stooges.

Yeah, but at least Kassian would be a Curly, Garbutt is more the Moe type, so is Eakin Larry, and which stooge would that make Roussel, Schemp maybe?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Canucks fans say they'd be happy to trade him for a young D-man which screams Oleksiak.

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable trading him, especially knowing what he could become but with the emergence of our Nordic phenoms on the blueline, Oleksiak isn't exactly in a pretty position.

I'd much rather dump Garbutt on them ;)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Trade Hemsky for Kassian and a draft pick.

Once Nichushkin comes back there won't be room for Hemsky any way.

Nuke is not coming back any time soon. We'll be lucky if he's back before the season ends and even then he'll probably not be in full form until next year. Trading away Hemsky would just create another hole that we have no one to fill.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If they take Jordie Benn im all for it!

Vancouver has frequently made moves for Willie's favorites. Benn was huge for him when he was down.

He wouldn't come close to being enough alone to get him I'd think, but he'd be a decent piece Willie might be interested in.

Dallas would have to get a D back. They can't lose another one with no replacement. It would just need to be someone who could be a 7.

Vancouver is pretty much the best place you could potentially trade Jordie that Jamie might actually see it as a good thing ... Jordie getting to go home to play. I'd hope that Jamie wouldn't be a pain about trading Jordie ... but who knows.

aloonda*

Vancouver has frequently made moves for Willie's favorites. Benn was huge for him when he was down.

He wouldn't come close to being enough alone to get him I'd think, but he'd be a decent piece Willie might be interested in.

Dallas would have to get a D back. They can't lose another one with no replacement. It would just need to be someone who could be a 7.

Vancouver is pretty much the best place you could potentially trade Jordie that Jamie might actually see it as a good thing ... Jordie getting to go home to play. I'd hope that Jamie wouldn't be a pain about trading Jordie ... but who knows.

please let this be so

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Nuke is not coming back any time soon. We'll be lucky if he's back before the season ends and even then he'll probably not be in full form until next year. Trading away Hemsky would just create another hole that we have no one to fill.

Eh. In many ways Hemsky doesn't even fill the hole he's supposed to fill. At least with a couple of recent goals he has some trade value.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Yeah, not sure I would give up Oleksiak for Kassian, and definitely not Klingberg like someone on their board suggested. No clue where he would fit in though

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I still wonder if we aren't looking at a possible larger trade than just Kassian, and maybe Kassian was suggested as a part to get a bigger piece from Dallas. That would make sense on why the scout would be bothered with him being scratched if we were already talking with Vancouver or something. Just got to think players are scratched all the time and scouts would be used to that happening on occasion

MetalGodAOD*

Nothx to Kassian. But if we're getting rid of Jordie, sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad