Injury Report: 2014/15 Calgary Flames Injury Thread

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
As per Elliott Friedman, Bennett will be out 4-6 months after shoulder surgery.

Whoa, that is awful news. Sounds almost as if he was likely already hurt, but kept playing and ultimately made it worse. Certainly hope that wasn't the case; I'd hate to think Sam wouldn't be honest about the extent of his condition for fear of being kept out of action, or anything of that sort. Either way, here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery..

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
Whoa, that is awful news. Sounds almost as if he was likely already hurt, but kept playing and ultimately made it worse. Certainly hope that wasn't the case; I'd hate to think Sam wouldn't be honest about the extent of his condition for fear of being kept out of action, or anything of that sort. Either way, here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery..

According to nhl.com..

On Tuesday, Bennett said his shoulder issues date to last season. He had been playing through pain in a quest to make the Flames roster.

"I guess, really, I wanted to play and I'd do anything to make the team and to play in the NHL this year," Bennett said Tuesday. "I guess maybe I should've come up sooner but I didn't think it was that big of deal. I guess it is a bit bigger of a deal than I thought.

"Obviously I want to be playing [in the NHL]. That was my goal this year. I think ultimately this is going to be the best for my career. I think after I get this all healed up I'll just be that much more confident and that much more stronger when I do get a chance to play."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I think that it was more or less something that annoyed him, but his focus was always on just playing through it because it was his draft year. He got used to playing through it and convinced himself that it wasn't a big deal and that it would eventually get better. That seemed to be the way he was explaining it through his interview.

I think that the Flames organization were able to basically make him understand that playing through something is not a normal situation, and that things that last that long typically won't just end up going away.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Too right. Hopefully nothing too serious, though.
only thing I can think is the forearm/elbow from his first blocked shot, replays show it was definitely above the glove and not on the hands. It's also something that would cramp/seize up after the game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
finally updated, I have been lazy. am I missing anyone?

INJURY THREAD 2014/15 EDITION

Calgary Flames
Player | Injury | Date Injured | Estimated Time Frame | Actual Return Date | Reg. Season Games Missed
Potter, Corey | Shoulder | Off Season | Unknown | |
Bennett, Sam | Shoulder | Sept 29th, 2014 | 4-6 Months | |
Jones, David | Upper Body | Oct 9th, 2014 | Unknown | |
Engellan, Deryk | Groin | Oct. 14th, 2014 | Unknown | |
Jooris, Josh | Upper Body | Oct. 17th, 2014 | Unknown | |
- | | | | |

Adirondack Flames
Player | Injury | Date Injured | Estimated Time Frame | Actual Return Date | Reg. Season Games Missed
Poirier, Emile | Shoulder | Last Season | 4-6 Months | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |

All injury talk goes here.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
What happened with Jones and Engelland? Were they in game injuries?

David Jones is listed as lower body on most sites, but you guys have it as upper body too?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With Mason Raymond theFan is speculating Raymond is week to week with a shoulder injury.

Calgary Flames
Bennett, Sam | Shoulder Surgery | Sept 29th, 2014 | 4-6 Months | |
Jones, David | Lower Body | Oct 9th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 28th, 2014 | 8
Engelland, Deryk | Groin | Oct. 14th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 21st, 2014 | 3
Jooris, Josh | Upper Body | Oct. 17th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 21st, 2014 | 1
Raymond, Mason | Shoulder | Oct 25th, 2014 | Week to Week | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |

Adirondack Flames
Poirier, Emile | Shoulder Surgery | Last Season | 4-6 Months | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Updated, I also included Colborne because I could

Calgary Flames
Bennett, Sam | Shoulder Surgery | Sept 29th, 2014 | 4-6 Months | |
Jones, David | Lower Body | Oct 9th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 28th, 2014 | 8
Engelland, Deryk | Groin | Oct. 14th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 21st, 2014 | 3
Jooris, Josh | Upper Body | Oct. 17th, 2014 | Unknown | Oct 21st, 2014 | 1
Raymond, Mason | Shoulder | Oct 25th, 2014 | Week to Week | |
Colborne, Joe | Wrist | Oct 28th, 2014 | Unknown | |
Stajan, Matt | Knee | Oct 28th, 2014 | Unknown | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |

Adirondack Flames
Poirier, Emile | Shoulder Surgery | Last Season | 4-6 Months | |
- | | | | |
- | | | | |

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad