Injury Report: 2014/15 Calgary Flames Injury Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
since injuries are too hard to track in the pre-season, I am going to hold off on updates until the regular season starts.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
eTC75On.gif

One of my fave gifs of all time LOL

Edit: I asked in another thread, but received no response: anyone have any word on Granlund's timeline?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
One of my fave gifs of all time LOL

Edit: I asked in another thread, but received no response: anyone have any word on Granlund's timeline?

I don't know whether or not that it's been confirmed that he has a concussion, but that is what he is believed to have. In which case, he will be out indefinitely.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I don't know whether or not that it's been confirmed that he has a concussion, but that is what he is believed to have. In which case, he will be out indefinitely.

That's a shame if true.. By all accounts, he was a man on a mission up until that injury. Here's hoping it's less severe than a concussion, and they're just playing it safe.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I saw a tweet from someone, somewhere saying he is under concussion protocol.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Roger Millions tweeted that Granlund skated this morning.
Millions also tweeted that Smid narrowly missed a staph infection. Which is even further evidence than Millions is a complete idiot and quite unreliable.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Millions also tweeted that Smid narrowly missed a staph infection. Which is even further evidence than Millions is a complete idiot and quite unreliable.

He also did qoute someone from the Sun, lol.

Roger Millions @RogMillions · 3h 3 hours ago
According to @SUNGilbertson Markus Granlund skated early this am for #Flames

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Mikael Backlund skated with the team today and says he's ready for the season opener!

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Mikael Backlund skated with the team today and says he's ready for the season opener!

Atta bae.

Edit: I wonder what this means for Bennett, I thought his chances to start with the Flames were contingent upon the extent of Baecklund's injury, but it's possible with him healthy in time for the opener that Sam ends up on the outside looking in. By all accounts, it sounds like he would benefit from a year to bulk up a bit, but I had him pencilled in between GlenX and Hubcap on one of the top two lines opening night.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He also did qoute someone from the Sun, lol.

Roger Millions @RogMillions · 3h 3 hours ago
According to @SUNGilbertson Markus Granlund skated early this am for #Flames
Probably the only time Millions will be right :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nope, technically he was still wrong, he first skated yesterday. :laugh:

While he didn't say it was his "first" skate since being hurt, his tweet implies he was breaking news. So we're good to keep hating on him.
I still do not understand how one can narrowly miss having a staph infection, either you have an infection of that strain or you don't. There is no almost.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That really sucks! Hopefully he gives himself as much rehab as needed. Sam is the type of guy to play through pain, he needs to look after until it's 100%.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Better to get the surgery now than have it continually disrupt his development.

Would suck if he has to miss the WJC because of this though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad