Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
If you mean he was set up consistently and failed to capitalize on his chances, including missing a wide open net, then I agree with you.

When did he miss a wide open net? I saw him get robbed in the slot by Quick's left pad in the 3rd but I dont remember him missing a, "wide open net."

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
criticism is valid, he missed so many chances, shot from bad angles, and took that horrible penalty that he should know from yesterday not to do

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Hasn't produced anything offensively on the 1st line. Already exacerbated by his extremely poor play before today. He was decent today but didn't generate anything again. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because he was a bubble player to start with.

calvin0416*

he's flying but he cant convert!!!

i'd rather of MacKinnon up there and he'd easily have 4 or 5 goals by now. hehehehehe.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
criticism is valid, he missed so many chances, shot from bad angles, and took that horrible penalty that he should know from yesterday not to do

That was a terrible call by the official so I don't fault him for that. He also drew the penalty on Kessel in the 3rd.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Luongo should have gotten the start. he would have done much better than Price against the US.

the score would have been 1 - -1.

:sarcasm:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
He played fine. Wasn't called upon like Quick was to keep his team in the game, but you can only save what is shot on you and he did that.

Canada's D is my first star of the game. Just an absolute treat to watch them shutdown the oppostion. :handclap:

The Americans didn't spend as much time in Canada's end, but Price was completely flawless in another game where our offense struggled.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
In regard to Chris Kunitz:

Stats, stats, stats. All about stats, huh? Kunitz played a good game today and has been fairly effective. Agree with you, OP. Canadians take so much pride in hockey yet seem to fail to see this or see what game Kunitz brings to the table, Duchene? No goals, Perry? No goals. Why aren't they getting the criticism?

P.S. I'm not taking shots at Duchene or Perry. Two EXCELLENT players. Just using them as factual information.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
How about enough of the blind Kunitz defense?

The guy's a passenger on the top line, spoon-fed quality minutes and yet contributes nothing of value.

There's no rational justification to have St.Louis on the bench while Kunitz can barely keep up with Crosby and misses the net more often than not.

nwaZ*

Irrelevant. You can only stop what they shoot at you. He went toe to toe with Quick and came out on top.

If Canada would've met another Canada (in terms of skill and depth) I doubt Price
would've had a shutout. Thus, not irrelevant.

The american offense just transformed into nothing but perimeter shots and worthless grinding.

calvin0416*

Getzlaf Perry Benn = DOMINATION LINE

In 2010 it was Getzlaf Perry Morrow, the most dominant line.
In 2014 it's Getzlaf Perry Benn, the most dominant line (possession and cycling wise).
It was a great move by the coaching staff to put Benn there. I knew that line was going to dominate once it was made. You could see Babcock tried to put Getzlaf line out there every chance he could get in the 3rd.

But the MVP is Team defense. Our defence is what has brought us to the gold.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Leaf fan saying I love Carey Price.

Kunitz haters have to admit he was great today too.

Are you kidding me? Kunitz was ****. Couldn't finish a single chance he got, and got man handled, highlighted by that ***** slap in the 2nd.

Babcock needs to take him out of that line for someone with finish and the ability to create some space for Crosby.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Hasn't produced anything offensively on the 1st line.

Which forwards have produced? Benn, Carter (in 1 game) and ...... Maybe Getzlaf at times?

Already exacerbated by his extremely poor play before today.

Thats a huge overstatement.

He was decent today but didn't generate anything again. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because he was a bubble player to start with.

As far as what shows up in the box score no, he didnt produce. Neither did ANY other Canadian forward save Jamie Benn. He did draw a penalty and get robbed in the 3rd.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Are you kidding me? Kunitz was ****. Couldn't finish a single chance he got, and got man handled, highlighted by that ***** slap in the 2nd.

Babcock needs to take him out of that line for someone with finish and the ability to create some space for Crosby.

:laugh:

Kunitz played great.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He was brought to produce offensively and hasn't done that...and you want people to lay off of him?

Then you had better torch every other Canadian forward who hasnt produced as well. Which is literally all of them except 2 or 3.

In regard to Chris Kunitz:

Stats, stats, stats. All about stats, huh? Kunitz played a good game today and has been fairly effective. Agree with you, OP. Canadians take so much pride in hockey yet seem to fail to see this or see what game Kunitz brings to the table, Duchene? No goals, Perry? No goals. Why aren't they getting the criticism?

P.S. I'm not taking shots at Duchene or Perry. Two EXCELLENT players. Just using them as factual information.

Exactly my point.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If Canada would've met another Canada (in terms of skill and depth) I doubt Price
would've had a shutout. Thus, not irrelevant.

The american offense just transformed into nothing but perimeter shots and worthless grinding.

840201337.gif

Good thing Price was able to stop that perimeter shot eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad