Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
Easy Habs fans, we won. Why do you feel the need to torch Luongo?

not luongo, canuck fans who wanted Canada to lose if luongo didn't play. luongo has been nothing but class

I'm a hockey fan first and Team Canada always comes first over my NHL team.

nash, your one of the only few. There were so many canuck fans on here saying they wished Canada lost if price went in net.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I know some were concerned about the Benn-Getzlaf-Perry line because of their lackadaisical play at the 2012 World Championships, but I really think they do not take those tournament 100% seriously (hence hanging out at the bar late into the evening). When the Ducks' Duo are focused on winning those guys battle and use their size effectively every shift.

nwaZ*

Has Marleau accomplished anything? Entirely invisible every game I've seen with TC.

CertainAffinity*

Has Marleau accomplished anything? Entirely invisible every game I've seen with TC.

He's been part of Canada's most consistently strong line, and in this game, a key cog in shutting down the most offensively potent line in the tournament. He took one bad penalty and was otherwise excellent along with Toews and Carter.

CertainAffinity*

I know some were concerned about the Benn-Getzlaf-Perry line because of their lackadaisical play at the 2012 World Championships, but I really think they do not take those tournament 100% seriously (hence hanging out at the bar late into the evening). When the Ducks' Duo are focused on winning those guys battle and use their size effectively every shift.

They certainly did in the offensive zone.

Benn was the only guy who looked like he had any idea what he was doing in the defensive zone. I was clenching my teeth every time that line was in the D-zone, cause it was basically a guarantee they'd be hemmed in for a full shift or more.

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
Wow. Defense and goaltending was the reason we won this game today, find it hard to believe there's anything to criticize about that.

All the defensive pairings looked great the whole game for the most part, our penalty killing was key.

Also to say Price wasn't tested again today (ie. weak shots from the point??) is a complete joke. He was focuses and on his game, anyone who STILL doesn't feel confident in him backing this team to the gold clearly must just not like him for other reasons not related to this tournament.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Outside of a bad penalty today and blowing it on a goal (Finland?) earlier in the tournament, I can't think of plays where I say Marleau has done poorly.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
What line is the Toews line going to matchup with against Sweden? Did a great job on the Kessel line today.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Wow. Defense and goaltending was the reason we won this game today, find it hard to believe there's anything to criticize about that.

All the defensive pairings looked great the whole game for the most part, our penalty killing was key.

Also to say Price wasn't tested again today (ie. weak shots from the point??) is a complete joke. He was focuses and on his game, anyone who STILL doesn't feel confident in him backing this team to the gold clearly must just not like him for other reasons not related to this tournament.

The thing Montreal fans have come to appreciate that people who don't see him fully understand is just how calm he always looks. He makes extremely hard saves look routine because that's his style. You're right, the Americans had a bunch of really good chances and he made some 10 bell saves.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
nash, your one of the only few. There were so many canuck fans on here saying they wished Canada lost if price went in net.

That is pathetic. Nation first. And besides, Price is a BC boy. People from BC should be behind him. I guarantee you that even though Luongo wishes he was playing, he is 100% behind Price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad