Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XIX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iw

Feb 8, 2014
While that makes sense to me I still don't see how it was "lol" worthy.

He might but he might not. It's not laughable to think Luongo could take the reins and run with it. Price is a damn good goalie but it's kind of disrespectful to just assume he's the guy.

I would not be shocked to see Mike Smith in this position soon, he has the least to loose and has shown in his playoff performances with Phoenix that he is stellar when push comes to shove

Last edited by a moderator:

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13m
Subban and Duchene will get into CAN lineup tomorrow. No word on who comes out. Hamhuis likely to come out on D, 4 or 5 candidates up front.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
The only reason Tavares regressed is because he has carried Long Island (or you could say he made the best of his situation)

He has never been any less than what was projected at the time: an elite offensive player

Absolutely the best players with the best IQs for the game should be playing together: but who am I to judge I'm not an NHL coach

Mario played with Gretzky :dunno:. Worked for the two best forwards all time I'm sure we could allot Tavares and Crosby together, but hey what do we know.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I hope Duchene proves he belongs on the team for the rest of the tourny, he's the type of player that's really going to thrive on the big ice.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Tavares---Crosby---Neal
Giroux----Toews----Nash
Benn-----Getzlaf----Perry
Sharp---Bergeron--Couture

Keith--Seabrook
Doughty--Weber
Pietrangelo-Bouwmeester
Giordano

Lou/Price/Craw

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
While that makes sense to me I still don't see how it was "lol" worthy.

He might but he might not. It's not laughable to think Luongo could take the reins and run with it. Price is a damn good goalie but it's kind of disrespectful to just assume he's the guy.

I'm a Habs fan who has a ton of respect for Lu, I honestly think he had and still has the inside edge but for the lol comment being arrogant, I don't know the poster's intent but I think it would be pretty stupid to judge based on Price giving up 1 and Lu none with no context, just as I think it would be laughably stupid to say if Lu gives up 2 tomorrow, it's Price's job to run with.

I think if Price was awful, that could have probably altered things and same goes for Lu, if he's awful maybe that's something worth factoring but neither guy will probably get the opportunity to be good enough to change anything. I just hope HC had their mind made up on who they wanted to run with for Finland and barring anything major, just goes with it. Over thinking based on 1 game or 1 goal seems very stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I know its only one game but I already rue the decision that was made to add Kunitz cause of "Chemistry".

Enough with this nonsense put Tavares/Duchene or St Louis on that top line.

Remind me in 87 when Lemieux said I need Kevin Stevens! No....they overloaded the line with a guy named Gretzky who he never played with before.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
I know its only one game but I already rue the decision that was made to add Kunitz cause of "Chemistry".

Remind me in 87 when Lemieux said I need Kevin Stevens! No....they overloaded the line with a guy named Gretzky who he never played with before.

Fantastic analogy. Stevens wasn't in the NHL in 1987. And, he's American.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada

That would be especially odd because Stevens was American

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
:laugh::laugh:

tumblr_n0yjobCZSr1qboyoeo1_500.jpg

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Duchene Crosby St. Louis
Benn Tavares Bergeron
Sharp Toews Carter
Marleau Getzlaf Perry
Nash
Kunitz

That is the forward lineup I would like to see next. We already know what the defencemen will look like against Austria.

MotorMaster

Jan 7, 2009
Earth/cybertron/Char
I thought Carter looked good on the Sharp Toews line for the short time he was there.

I hope they try Duchene on Crosby's line tomorrow.

Kunitz Crosby Duchene
Sharp Toews Carter
Benn Bergeron Tavares
Marleau Getzlaf Perry

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
People are being way too harsh on Carter and Kunitz. They didn't create much, but they were far from terrible.

I would like to see Canada try a 3 line attack though in the tougher games so the players can get into more of a rhythm. :

Duchene- Crosby- Carter
Marleau- Getzlaf- Perry
Tavares- Toews- Nash
Sharp/Benn/Bergeron/St.Louis/Kunitz

86Habs

May 4, 2009
I'd roll with this lineup for the Austria game:

Duchene - Crosby - Tavares
Sharp - Toews - St Louis
Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry
Benn - Bergeron - Carter/Nash

And slot Subban in for Hamhuis (who I thought was really good today).

CertainAffinity*

Kunitz, Sharp, Carter, Perry, not sure on 5th

I don't think they're going to give up on any of the chemistry pairings after one game (and a win at that). Sharp, Kunitz and Perry will all be back.

As well as Benn played, I think it could be him, Carter, Nash or Marleau.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carter or Kunitz need to come out for Duchene.

Crosby playing with Kunitz and Dupuis makes sense when he's playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins...because of the cap.

There is no cap here, give the best player in the world one less headache on his line. I don't see why we have to give Crosby the worst wingers when there are better options.

MSL or Duchene with Crosby is infinitely better than Kunitz or Carter. Crosby can make Colby Armstrong look like a top six player so I don't think he really needs any chemistry to succeed with players.

Loved the Tavares line, I hope they get more ice time. Perfect blend of toughness, two way play and creativity with Benn, Bergeron and Tavares.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I think this is the ice time that will eventually be needed. You cant have a guy like Towes sitting 3 and a half minutes without a shift. Similarly Tavares cant play 8 minutes.

Crosby Line 20 min (Tavares on this line and either MSL or Kunitz)
Towes Line 20 min (Sharp and Nash or Carter)
Getzlaf Line 12 min (Perry and Marleau)
Bergeron Line 8 min (Benn and Duchene)

Unfortunately Getzlaf draws the short straw but speed is clearly gonna be more important that a grind out game.

One reason I suspect Bergeron Benn did so well is they both knew they were on this team as role players and didnt expect the 20 min a night they get regularly.

Hope they make some adjustment as rolling 4 lines wont work going forward against tougher teams if they want to get guys like Crosby going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad