2013 Sharks training camp

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Stewart is a right wing. If he makes the team, there is a good chance that either Stewart or Burish will be in the top 9. Let that sink in, folks.

I disagree with that. If Havlat is out, I think you'll see Hertl and Wingels in the top nine. If they drop out Hertl to Worcester, it'd probably be Sheppard before Burish.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Totally unrelated but if Tierney ends up making the Sharks somehow, there will be three sharks players who share the same name with some random pro soccer player.

Tierney, Braun, and Niemi...it's weird

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. :laugh:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Any new faces at Captain's ice today (I know it's just starting, but I'm in New York, so in my time zone, it's already over)?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Any new faces at Captain's ice today (I know it's just starting, but I'm in New York, so in my time zone, it's already over)?

10:30am start.

Desjardins, Stewart, Sateri, Stalock and Pavelski

15 skaters plus the two goalies (and an extra p/u goalie)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
KKurzCSN 2:38pm via Twitter for iPad
Hearing both Anthony Stewart and Marty Havlat skated at Sharks Ice today with a large group of other #SJSharks

He DM'd me to confirm attendees lol

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
KKurzCSN 2:38pm via Twitter for iPad
Hearing both Anthony Stewart and Marty Havlat skated at Sharks Ice today with a large group of other #SJSharks

He DM'd me to confirm attendees lol

CSN should be paying you. LadyStanley- Sharks insider...it has a nice ring to it.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I hope Kurz is just in penticton and couldnt make it to sharks ice in order to do his job :P.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hey Stalock, on the Sharks' schedule, it says that Tuesday is a "Rookie practice". What exactly is that?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Hey Stalock, on the Sharks' schedule, it says that Tuesday is a "Rookie practice". What exactly is that?

The Sharks annual 'Foundation Golf Classic' is on Tuesday so all of the regular NHLers will be there. I assume that means the "rookies", which also means all of the AHL guys, will still be practicing.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Sharks annual 'Foundation Golf Classic' is on Tuesday so all of the regular NHLers will be there. I assume that means the "rookies", which also means all of the AHL guys, will still be practicing.

Think it's open/would be worth going to?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Think it's open/would be worth going to?

It's definitely open to the public and they pretty much just scrimmage so it could be fun.

I seem to remember that they usually just cancel the skate that day, I've never been on the day they have the golf outing.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It's definitely open to the public and they pretty much just scrimmage so it could be fun.

I seem to remember that they usually just cancel the skate that day, I've never been on the day they have the golf outing.

Cool, I'll probably head over there Tuesday. It's at the point where I'm bored of the big team, I'd rather see the AHLers. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 23m
Havlat skating, but #SJSharks McLellan says that doesn't mean he's good to go for training camp. In fact, that's not likely.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 19m
Early line combos for training camp? Expect 19-88 and 39-12 to stay together, but other than that things are TBD, says McLellan. #SJSharks

Pretty much what everyone expected.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Havlat skating, but #SJSharks McLellan says that doesn't mean he's good to go for training camp. In fact, that's not likely.

Early line combos for training camp? Expect 19-88 and 39-12 to stay together, but other than that things are TBD, says McLellan. #SJSharks

#saveusstewart

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I thought they would keep Torres and Pavelski as a 'pair' as well, guess not.

If Havlat is out to start the season, and it still sounds like he will be, this could prove to be one of the more competitive training camps (for forwards and B/U goalie) the Sharks have had in a long, long time.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I thought they would keep Torres and Pavelski as a 'pair' as well, guess not.

If Havlat is out to start the season, and it still sounds like he will be, this could prove to be one of the more competitive training camps (for forwards and B/U goalie) the Sharks have had in a long, long time.

I understand their thinking. pavs is a top 6 forward, so if someone shows the ability to be 3C etc, gotta leave that possibility open I suppose.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I understand their thinking. pavs is a top 6 forward, so if someone shows the ability to be 3C etc, gotta leave that possibility open I suppose.

It's understandable - however, they were a completely different team when they went to 3 scoring lines and DW has been preaching all summer about how they are going to build on that.

Pavelski is one of 3 centers, well, players that will be lined up at center, capable of anchoring their own line and those three pairs were all really good together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad