2013 Schedule Discussion

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
We've got the Isles at home already twice and would play them a max of four times, so I'm guessing that one of the road games is there. Philly is closer to NY so maybe we get another Habs home game?

Speculation is fun.

Has anyone had success printing this? Not sure if it's an Instagram issue but I can't print the schedule.

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
The 3 missing teams are Phi, Mon & NYI (all others have 3 games scheduled).... NYI already have 2 games here so that'll be a road game. So that leaves Phi or Mon as the 24th home game.

My assumption would be that they would play in Philly and NYI and Montreal would be home. Reason being is that they are in NYR April 1, it would make sense to play NYI the next night and a quick trip to Philly to complete the roadie. Although Montreal isn't that far from NY either so really I don't have a clue...

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The 3 missing teams are Phi, Mon & NYI (all others have 3 games scheduled).... NYI already have 2 games here so that'll be a road game. So that leaves Phi or Mon as the 24th home game.

Flyers are here Feb 12 and Apr 6th according to one Flyers writer and Jets are in Philly Feb 23rd . Any truth from what you guys have heard ?

Also, quote from Harts,,

Sam Carchidi‏@BroadStBull

Hartnell says Winnipeg's schedule will be a "disaster" because of all its traveling compared to East Coast teams. #jets #Flyers

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
Flyers are here Feb 12 and Apr 6th according to one Flyers writer and Jets are in Philly Feb 23rd . Any truth from what you guys have heard ?

Also, quote from Harts,,

Hartnell says Winnipeg's schedule will be a "disaster" because of all its traveling compared to East Coast teams. #jets #Flyers

There's the missing game... April 6th vs. Philly.. Sorry Habs fans... Thank goodness I hate being at games with so many fans of the visiting team...

Edit: Flyers coming here makes sense, they were originally scheduled to play here April 6th anyways.

Last edited:

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011

Also, quote from Harts,,

I figured every team would have somewhat of a disaster schedule, but yes Winnipeg even more so. Looking at this schedule though I don't think its completely awful...

-2 games in 2 nights vs Boston and Washington
-4 games in 6 nights vs Montreal, Florida, Tampa and Buffalo - kind of a weird route.
-a quick there and back to Ottawa, but 2 off days after.
-5 games in 8 nights in NE US
-4 games in 6 nights in FLA, TB and NJ - not bad
-2 more 2 game trips
-one home game on march 30 after coming back from PIT then right back on road to NYR, NYI and MTL.

Really only 3 long road trips and 2 bad quick turnarounds when they go home-road-home or road-home-road. Going into this everyone was expecting to have to play every other night and that's what we have here. Only 6 (probably 7 once we can see the rest of the NY trip) back to back games. 5 (or 6) will be on the road and Washington at home. It makes sense with the multiple back to backs on the road due to the travel distance in my mind.

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
there are 3 games cut off on that sheet, so the one missing home game could be another habs game

Guess we will find out tomorrow

Flyers fan is reporting they are in WPG on April 6th - that would be the missing one.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really like Seger and will probably go to the show. Night Moves was a great album, back in the day.

Thanks for clarifying on the concert date. The instagram image had it on the 12th, but the 13th would be workable.

Still missing a home game though (23 on the list) and only 22 on the away side of the schedule. But if you look closely the last date on the bottom is April 01 and the first date at the top is April 09. So three games, one at home, two away from April 02-08?

night moves
rambin gamblin man
turn the page
main street
like a rock

loads of hits!

I will definitely go to see Bob Seger!! I have never lived in a city that he has played in. My only fear is I wonder if his voice is fried? Even when he was young it sounded like he leaned on his vocal chords pretty heavily. It's hit and miss with the old dudes........I thought Petty sounded better than ever, Fogerty sounded very good, Van Morrison flawless..............yet I thought Daultrey sounded rough, Vince Neil definitely lost a big step.

I guess the tour is called "Rock and Roll never forgets" and he is reuniting with the silver bullet band.......If Seger is on it could be a very good night because back in the day they had a rep for great concerts and his body of work is impressive (all be it a tad dated). He is getting ready to release his 17th studio album here soon so we will see how that is.

Good list King I also like

Roll me away
Fire inside
against the wind
rock and roll never forgets (ha ha)
Katmandu (live version is best)

Let's just say material will not be an issue

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
There's the missing game... April 6th vs. Philly.. Sorry Habs fans... Thank goodness I hate being at games with so many fans of the visiting team...

Edit: Flyers coming here makes sense, they were originally scheduled to play here April 6th anyways.

I wasn't at Habs or Leafs game last year, but of the 11 I saw, Flyers fans had a pretty big showing at the games. Lots of Manitoba connections for FLyer fans over the years I guess.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thought I had heard that there would only be 20 home games, now with the leaked schedule it's 24, anyone hear anything different?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Guys do we know how real these leaked schedules are? I assume nothing official has been released?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thought I had heard that there would only be 20 home games, now with the leaked schedule it's 24, anyone hear anything different?

48 game schedule so I would assume 24.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Not sure where you would have heard 20, but that was never ever a possibility...Bettman stated back in late November that they would not play less than a 48 schedule, so less than 24 home dates has never been on the table. At this point it's 99.99999999999999999% 24 home dates.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I just assumed we had a lot of dumb Winnipegers. :naughty:

:handclap::handclap::laugh:

I know of alot that come from Flin Flon actually for obvious reasons. Town is all Flyer fans with Habs and Leafs thrown in.

I have seen the Flyers at quite a few rinks over the years, and the Winnipeg fans were BY FAR the best fans to watch a game at wearing opposing gear. 1st game I got it good and 2nd game ended well for me, even though Pavs and Bryz tried to ruin it ;)

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Guys do we know how real these leaked schedules are? I assume nothing official has been released?

Teams apparently got the schedules this am and reporters have seen them. I know one Fyers writer said he got scolded on twitter for releasing info.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
2nd game of the year @ BOS on Mon Jan 21 could be an afternoon game as it's a US holiday. Jets originally had 2 weekday aftn games scheduled on US (and not Cdn) holidays.
3 games in 4 nights on a trip to FLA in March @ FLA, @ TB, @ FLA. Take your family to all 3 games, pay for your tickets with a $100 bill, and still receive change :yo:
Will be back in Peg Fri Mar 22 for a few days. Def goin to TB game, maybe change my flight to make it for WASH game :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad