2013 Schedule Discussion

Active Puck

STREAMERS!
Jul 22, 2011
1 - We don't have to watch as many games with CBC's dreadful coverage. More TSN Jets coverage with player interviews and press conferences pls.

As someone who didn't get to see any of the Jets games on CBC in HD (except for that very first game) I'd be happy if they didn't air any Jets games. On the other hand, we were lucky enough to not get Mark Lee on the CBC games so there is that. :/

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
The Free Press article on the official schedule says there are still 6 games that TV hasn't been decided for. They could still end up nationally televised on CBC or TSN. One poster here said last year that TSN actually wanted more games on its main network, but the Jets said no. Here are the "undecided" games:

Fri Jan. 25 vs. Pittsburgh 7 p.m. TBD
Tue Feb. 12 vs. Philadelphia 7 p.m. TBD
Sat Feb. 23 @Philadelphia Noon TBD
Tue Feb. 26 @NY Rangers 6 p.m. TBD
Sat Mar. 30 vs. Carolina 2 p.m. TBD
Sat Apr. 20 vs. NY Islanders 2 p.m. TBD

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I hear you Blues and your opinion, but I have an opposite one. I love a 7pm start. The couple of times I might be able to take my little guy and not have us get home at 11pm or later.

Also, for many that are close to or working downtown, 7pm is a really nice time to make the choice to stay down after work. That said, I truly see it both ways...

I didn't mind the odd 7pm start or 6pm start but every game starts at either 2pm, 6pm or 7pm. They are all kid friendly start times. I have 2 kids and they may get to see a lot of hockey this year.:) or not.:naughty:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
The Free Press article on the official schedule says there are still 6 games that TV hasn't been decided for. They could still end up nationally televised on CBC or TSN. One poster here said last year that TSN actually wanted more games on its main network, but the Jets said no. Here are the "undecided" games:

Fri Jan. 25 vs. Pittsburgh 7 p.m. TBD
Tue Feb. 12 vs. Philadelphia 7 p.m. TBD
Sat Feb. 23 @Philadelphia Noon TBD
Tue Feb. 26 @NY Rangers 6 p.m. TBD
Sat Mar. 30 vs. Carolina 2 p.m. TBD
Sat Apr. 20 vs. NY Islanders 2 p.m. TBD

The Jan. 25 the game is on TSN main network schedule.
Also the Feb. 26 New York Rangers game on TSN.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
As someone who didn't get to see any of the Jets games on CBC in HD (except for that very first game) I'd be happy if they didn't air any Jets games. On the other hand, we were lucky enough to not get Mark Lee on the CBC games so there is that. :/

I agree. Being out of market I suscribe nhl gamecenter, but because cbc streams saturday night Jets games, I'm blacked out. So I have to try and watch cbc's garbage stream which rarely works to begin with.

Curt in WPG

Sep 8, 2011
Winnipeg
I heard somebody say MLK day

It is MLK Day. I just wish the Bruins were playing a US based team that day. I coudn't see too many US fans being happy if one of them played at noon on Louis Reil day up here. PVR just isn't the same as live, especially when I know I"m going to know who won already.

On the other hand it's Jets hockey which I didn't think we'd see this season so I guess I'm still good.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
It is MLK Day. I just wish the Bruins were playing a US based team that day. I coudn't see too many US fans being happy if one of them played at noon on Louis Reil day up here. PVR just isn't the same as live, especially when I know I"m going to know who won already.

On the other hand it's Jets hockey which I didn't think we'd see this season so I guess I'm still good.

Problem with MLK day is that a lot of Americans still work so it isn't great for them either.

hoowaa

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
For 2013 is there 3% added to last year's prices ?

"A", B" or "C" categories for games is not apparent to me on the Jets site anyone find that info ?

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It will be imperative that the Jets have a strong start to the season. They play Ottawa first, which could be a W, but then have to follow that up with Bruins, Capitals and Penguins.

Would be a killer if we had to start 1-3 or even 0-4 :(

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
With the Jets playing Ottawa, Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh to start off the season, the could very realistically start the season 0-4 or 1-3, before playing the Islanders (a game that they should win).

I would think 2-2 start (or better) would be a very pleasing start.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
With the Jets playing Ottawa, Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh to start off the season, the could very realistically start the season 0-4 or 1-3, before playing the Islanders (a game that they should win).

I would think 2-2 start (or better) would be a very pleasing start.

Yeah, but if they're anything like last years' Jets, they'll beat the tough teams and then lose against the Islanders.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad