2013 OHL Draft Picks Signed/ Committed

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
It takes one injury to end his scholarship. The 4 years aren't guaranteed.

That's what they want you to think.You do underestimate the importance of a family advisor. Depending on the school and the family advisor that agreement can be made prior to signing an LOI.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
But anyways, to get back on topic, we'll stick to the announcement of the future signings in 2013 Priority Selections only. We can keep the NCAA chat for another thread. But deals do happen all the time, people just don't see it, so they are unaware.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
@SeanLafortune: The Guelph Storm announce the signing of 3rd round pick Adam Craievich. Craievich was a member of the Oakville Rangers last year.

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
It takes one injury to end his scholarship. The 4 years aren't guaranteed.

Depends on the NCAA program, just like it depends on the OHL team.

Canisius for example are honouring the schollie they awarded to a player whether he plays a game for them. He was diagnosed with cancer last year; they told him to get better but if he can't play hockey ever again he will get an education from that school...

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Spencer and Lizotte will be in the lineup next year. Im going to assume that the Webb twins sign as well, but don't know that for sure. Im not sure if they are OHL guys next year regardless.

Awesome, thanks. Agree about Webbs. Think Coyle is a bit more OHL ready but only as 4th liner.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Awesome, thanks. Agree about Webbs. Think Coyle is a bit more OHL ready but only as 4th liner.

In my opinion, Mitchell Webb is ready for the OHL. Jack needs more time in my opinion. I think Mitchell is ready for the OHL because of a few things. His style of play reminds me of Jaden Lindo. Is Mitchell highly skilled point producer in the OHL? No. Neither is Lindo. But the similarities are there. They can both skate with the Top Line. They give the skilled guys in the Top 6,Top 9 more room. They forecheck hard and impact the way the Dmen retrieve pucks, they dig pucks out to the skilled guys to make plays. Crash the net hard for garbage goals. Screen the goalie on the PP. They can inspire the guys with there "go through a wall mentality". The grit element to a skilled line is absolutely huge. Look at what Lucic does for the Bruins, what Bickell does for the Hawks. Joffrey Lupul is a skilled player who also is quite physical, that physical element has been huge for Kessel. The list is endless. These guys are so important.

The intangibles makes these guys very, very important to a hockey team. I always thought that Baird and Bushnell separated themselves from the rest of the pack of grinder who can skate in the 2013 OHL draft. Both were very mature physically. After those 2 guys it was M.Webb. If the twins get to the size of there father, they will be animals in 2 years.

Petes96

Mar 10, 2012
In my opinion, Mitchell Webb is ready for the OHL. Jack needs more time in my opinion. I think Mitchell is ready for the OHL because of a few things. His style of play reminds me of Jaden Lindo. Is Mitchell highly skilled point producer in the OHL? No. Neither is Lindo. But the similarities are there. They can both skate with the Top Line. They give the skilled guys in the Top 6,Top 9 more room. They forecheck hard and impact the way the Dmen retrieve pucks, they dig pucks out to the skilled guys to make plays. Crash the net hard for garbage goals. Screen the goalie on the PP. They can inspire the guys with there "go through a wall mentality". The grit element to a skilled line is absolutely huge. Look at what Lucic does for the Bruins, what Bickell does for the Hawks. Joffrey Lupul is a skilled player who also is quite physical, that physical element has been huge for Kessel. The list is endless. These guys are so important.

The intangibles makes these guys very, very important to a hockey team. I always thought that Baird and Bushnell separated themselves from the rest of the pack of grinder who can skate in the 2013 OHL draft. Both were very mature physically. After those 2 guys it was M.Webb. If the twins get to the size of there father, they will be animals in 2 years.

the problem with that statement that I see is that we already have enough of that type of player on this team moving forward and we need more skill. Thompson and Maguire are already playing that role for the club and Pierog is not that far off as well. This club needs some skill and someone to put the puck in the net.

After Ritchie the "true" goal scorers are few and far between. It will be a scoring by committee

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
the problem with that statement that I see is that we already have enough of that type of player on this team moving forward and we need more skill. Thompson and Maguire are already playing that role for the club and Pierog is not that far off as well. This club needs some skill and someone to put the puck in the net.

After Ritchie the "true" goal scorers are few and far between. It will be a scoring by committee

Good point, I agree with you. I guess the Petes saw it differently? There was still SKILL on the board when they took Webb in the second round. If I was Peterborough GM, I would have selected Adam Craievich instead of Webb, no question about it. Im not sure if Cornel can have a huge campaign this year. He is one of those high picks, they thought were going to bring alot of skill. He showed some strides toward of the end of the season. Im sure u will see in the first 5-10 games what he is going to be.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Good point, I agree with you. I guess the Petes saw it differently? There was still SKILL on the board when they took Webb in the second round. If I was Peterborough GM, I would have selected Adam Craievich instead of Webb, no question about it. Im not sure if Cornel can have a huge campaign this year. He is one of those high picks, they thought were going to bring alot of skill. He showed some strides toward of the end of the season. Im sure u will see in the first 5-10 games what he is going to be.

Craievich would have been awesome.

Spencer, Lizotte, Craievich moving forward... Wow!

Cornel will produce if he has added some muscle too his frame. If not.. Cant see it.

Even if M.Webb doesnt make team out of camp im sure he gets in atleast 10-15 games this season due to injuries or whatever else.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cornel will produce if he has added some muscle too his frame. If not.. Cant see it.

Even if M.Webb doesnt make team out of camp im sure he gets in atleast 10-15 games this season due to injuries or whatever else.

Agreed thats really important for Cornel.

Whatever Webb earns at camp, give him that.

I think most teams need to get there 1st and 2nd round players suited up in Year 1, unless they have a USNTDP commitment or they are a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad