2013 OHL Draft Picks Signed/ Committed

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
It's my third annual list:

2013 OHL Draft Picks that are either Signed or Committed to OHL Teams. List will be continually updated during the offseason. If you know others players simply add them to the list. If you guys have any sources/links please add them as well.

*=Committed Players
- =Official Signed Players

Barrie Colts
-Matthew Kreis

Belleville Bulls
-Justin Lemcke
-Jake Bricknell

North Bay Battalion
-Brett McKenzie
-Mike Baird

Erie Otters
-Dylan Strome
-Jesse Saban

Guelph Storm
-Garett McFadden
-Adam Craievich

Kingston Frontenacs
-Lawson Crouse
-Jeremy Helvig

Kitchener Rangers
-Mike Davies
-Doug Blaisdell
-James Mense-Dietrich
-Scott Pederson

London Knights
*Mitchell Marner

Niagara IceDogs
-Hayden McCool
-Zach Wilkie
-Ryan Sarris
-Johnny Corneil

Oshawa Generals
-Mitchell Vande Sompel

Ottawa 67's
-Travis Konecny
-Troy Henley

Owen Sound Attack
-Ethan Szypula

Peterborough Petes
-Matt Spencer
-Cameron Lizotte

Plymouth Whalers

Saginaw Spirit
-Mitchell Stephens
-Ryan Orban
-Michael Holmes
-Marcus Crawford

Sarnia Sting
-Nikita Korostelev
-Connor Schlichting
-Noah Bushnell

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
-Blake Speers
-Colton White

Mississauga Steelheads
-Sean Day
-Austin Gerhart
-Jesse Barwell

Sudbury Wolves
-Kyle Capobianco
-Troy Timpano

Windsor Spitfires
-Ryan Moore
-Andrew Burns
-Brendan Johnston
-Liam Murray
-Aaron Luchuk

Last edited:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
What's the definition of "committed"?
If visiting the team, wearing their jersey, and being introduced to the media is considered that, Capobianco and Timpano both did that last night during the game against Belleville in Sudbury.
Here's the source.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Committed:- meaning the players' intentions are to play in the OHL, but they have not yet signed a contract. 99.9% of the time all first round picks play in the OHL the following season, so potentially all 19 picks in the first round would be considered committed. Contracts are normally signed in the summer, so still a ways to go, the page just got an early start.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Nikita Korostelev has been signed by the Sarnia Sting. He will wear #53 next season.

Sean Day has been signed by Mississauga. He will wear #28 next season. Safe to say Goodbye to Stuart Percy.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Nikita Korostelev has been signed by the Sarnia Sting. He will wear #53 next season.

Sean Day has been signed by Mississauga. He will wear #28 next season. Safe to say Goodbye to Stuart Percy.

Its been a blast watching Stu over the past 4 seasons

Heres hoping Day steps in and becomes the same if not more of what Percy was (hopefully more offence)

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Based off twitter comments/discussions, Zach Wilkie and Ryan Sarris will both being joining McCool in Niagara.

Now time to convince Knott to come too.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Is it usual for guys to sign this quickly?

For first round selections it is not out of the ordinary to sign this quickly. OHL teams will provide them with new equipment to break in for the summer. They release the contract details later on, but in most cases they are signed right away.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
For first round selections it is not out of the ordinary to sign this quickly. OHL teams will provide them with new equipment to break in for the summer. They release the contract details later on, but in most cases they are signed right away.

Awesome, you think its pretty safe to say we wont have any adam bateman (not reporting) situations this year?

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Based off twitter comments/discussions, Zach Wilkie and Ryan Sarris will both being joining McCool in Niagara.

Now time to convince Knott to come too.

Yes, it would appear so but I'll just wait for official confirmation.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Awesome, you think its pretty safe to say we wont have any adam bateman (not reporting) situations this year?

No, it wouldn't appear so at the moment. With the A.B. situation I can say with confidence he would've 100% reported to Niagara, but they had a pretty solidified defense roster with Hamilton, Olesiak, Beukeboom, Graham, Mercer, Rover etc which was ultimately the cause for the trade. Agents want their players to see ice.

You look at a roster like London, its going to be tough to crack the roster or get any minutes as a rookie.

Last edited:

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
No, it wouldn't appear so at the moment. With the A.B. situation I can say with confidence he would've 100% reported to Niagara, but they had a pretty solidified defense roster with Hamilton, Olesiak, Beukeboom, Graham, Mercer, Rover etc which was ultimately the cause for the trade. Agents want their players to see ice.

You look at a roster like London, its going to be tough to crack the roster or get any minutes as a rookie.

I see! Well I appreciate you doing this for sure... See what you can find out about the Petes picks and them signing for me! ;) hoping for Coyle, Clifton, Spencer and Lizotte.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Thanks for all the interest everyone. It's great to see more new people on site. When it comes to the signing stuff lets keep it legit, preferably press releases and news reports only. Twitter is great and all but things can change in a hurry. This will be updated all summer long.

Last edited:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Thanks for all the interest everyone. It's great to see more new people on site. When it comes to the signing stuff lets keep it legit, preferably press releases and news reports only. Twitter is great and all but things can change in a hurry. This will be updated all summer long.
Could you provide sources for the ones already committed?
I can't seem to find much on Day.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Could you provide sources for the ones already committed?
I can't seem to find much on Day.

Nothing has been released via press release yet as teams normally take their time with this information but these are the ones that I know are confirmed so far. The numbers could always change when they come back to camp, but the contracts were signed. I'm pretty sure Konecny was signed as well.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
No surprise here, but it looks like the first signing for Saginaw from this year's draft is forward Mitchell Stephens. He tweeted this out yesterday:

"Proud and honored to be officially a Saginaw Spirit. Happy to be apart of such a respectable organization."

He will wear number 27.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
So Plymouth is the only team who is waiting for their player to commit? Interesting.

It's not that he hasn't committed, I just haven't heard anything. Jordan Greenaway is American so NCAA is always an option, plus he recently participated in the US National Development Evaluation Program. So it could go either way but for them to pick him in round one means they have confidence.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It's not that he hasn't committed, I just haven't heard anything. Jordan Greenaway is American so NCAA is always an option, plus he recently participated in the US National Development Evaluation Program. So it could go either way but for them to pick him in round one means they have confidence.

From what I read on the USA Hockey site Greenaway has committed to the US-dev
program,so the Whales will have to wait 2 years for him to be available

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
From what I read on the USA Hockey site Greenaway has committed to the US-dev
program,so the Whales will have to wait 2 years for him to be available

Yup you are correct. It's confirmed. Questionable to pick a player in the 1st round that 2 years away. Hopefully it works out for them.

2013-14 U.S. National Under-17 Team - Official Commits as of 4/4/13

2012-13 Team
Forward Jeremy Bracco (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)
Forward Christian Fischer
Forward Jordan Greenway (Plymouth Whalers hold rights)
Forward Luke Kirwan (Guelph Storm hold rights)
Forward Luke Kunin
Forward Auston Matthews (Everett Silvertips hold rights)
Forward Jack Roslovic (Plymouth Whalers hold rights)
Forward Matthew Tkachuk (London Knights hold rights)
Forward Brendan Warren (Windsor Spitfires hold rights)
Forward Colin White
Defense Nicholas Boka (Sarnia Sting hold rights)
Defense Caleb Jones (Portland Winterhawks hold rights)
Defense Charles MacAvoy (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)
Defense Zach Werenski (London Knights hold rights)
Goalie Luke Opilka (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)

Petes96

Mar 10, 2012
It's my third annual list:

2013 OHL Draft Picks that are either Signed or Committed to OHL Teams. List will be continually updated during the offseason. If you know others players simply add them to the list. If you guys have any sources/links please add them as well.

*=Committed Players
- =Official Signed Players

Barrie Colts
*Matthew Kreis

Belleville Bulls
*Justin Lemcke

North Bay Battalion
*Brett McKenzie

Erie Otters
* Dylan Strome

Guelph Storm
*Garett McFadden

Kingston Frontenacs
*Lawson Crouse

Kitchener Rangers
*Mike Davies

London Knights
*Mitchell Marner

Niagara IceDogs
*Hayden McCool

Oshawa Generals
*Mitchell Vande Sompel

Ottawa 67's
-Travis Konecny
-Troy Henley

Owen Sound Attack
*Ethan Szypula

Peterborough Petes
* Matt Spencer

Plymouth Whalers

Saginaw Spirit
-Mitchell Stephens

Sarnia Sting
-Nikita Korostelev

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
*Blake Speers

Mississauga Steelheads
-Sean Day

Sudbury Wolves
*Kyle Capobianco

Windsor Spitfires
-Ryan Moore

I have no idea where you get you information from but you are way off. The only player that has signed with their team is Moore from Windsor. I have spoken to Stephens personally and he has not signed yet. And neither has Day yet he has just got equipment. Signings are going to happen but not "confirmed" or has happened yet. Day will be big news when it happens because of his status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad