Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
TSN radio said about 20 minutes ago Murray offered Alfie 3 million and he's looking for more around 6 million and that's why rumors are coming out why other teams may make offers if he hits FA and sens don't pay him.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
6 millions is a bit high I don't think Alfie is asking for that much from us.. I could be wrong but just can't see it

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
6 millions is a bit high I don't think Alfie is asking for that much from us.. I could be wrong but just can't see it

If he asked for what he wanted he'd probably get less though.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
There shouldn't even be negotiations. I guess it's because of our budget or whatever, but at this point in his career, Alfie should have the right to pick a number.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
There shouldn't even be negotiations. I guess it's because of our budget or whatever, but at this point in his career, Alfie should have the right to pick a number.

He has the right to pick a number, but that doesn't mean that our organization will be able to afford his number. We are on a budget remember.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
He has the right to pick a number, but that doesn't mean that our organization will be able to afford his number. We are on a budget remember.

Hence my reference to the budget.

Alfie has saved the organization a ton of money and played for 1 million dollars last year. Chris Neil made more than double. Melynk should be ponying up as a thank you.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Alfie has saved the organization a ton of money and played for 1 million dollars last year. Chris Neil made more than double. Melynk should be ponying up as a thank you.

He should be, but he most likely won't.

Question for everybody, if by some small chance he does sign onto another team, how would you guys feel about it? For me, i would be really upset about it and it would take me awhile to accept it. I know with all the recent rumors that other teams will be going hard for him, i am starting to get a little nervous.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Question for everybody, if by some small chance he does sign onto another team, how would you guys feel about it? For me, i would be really upset about it and it would take me awhile to accept it.

I would be very upset. It would completely tarnish his reputation.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The ultimate irony would be if Alfie signed with another team and then the Sens won the Cup.

Bushido

Sep 14, 2006
If Alfie signs with another team, I'll be disappointed but not upset. Nobody is bigger than the team, not even Alfie.

Murray offers 3 mil and Alfie's camp (ie. his agent asks for highest possible like all agents do) asks for 6. Look for them to meet near the middle at 4.5 or 5 and all this worrying is for naught.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Question for everybody, if by some small chance he does sign onto another team, how would you guys feel about it? For me, i would be really upset about it and it would take me awhile to accept it. I know with all the recent rumors that other teams will be going hard for him, i am starting to get a little nervous.

I would be pretty upset, mostly with management and ownership if it's because of money. Although Alfie's legacy would surely take a hit as well.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I would feel betrayed but would still cheer for him and his new team. Unless we play them in the playoffs. Then **** him!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

The longest serving Ottawa Senator, the longest-serving active NHL captain, the Sens career point leader, the heart and soul of this team, the mentor to most of our young players, the messianic figure of this city, and the reason a lot of hockey fans became Sens fans?

Meh. Wouldn't matter.

(No, really? What a question...)

stevrock

Jun 9, 2013

I wouldn't be mad at all. He's done more than enough for the Sens (and by extension, the city) to have them turn their backs on him.

Any reason he doesn't come back to the Sens would lay squarely on the shoulders of the Sens management.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would feel betrayed but would still cheer for him and his new team. Unless we play them in the playoffs. Then **** him!

I honestly do not even know if i would be able to watch him play on his new team if he did sign somewhere else. It would just be too upsetting.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator

He may have only earned $1M last year, but he accumulated $18.5M in the 3 years before that. His contract was structured in such a way so that he could earn more upfront (which is more valuable) and in case he retired before the 2012-13 season.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He may have only earned $1M last year, but he accumulated $18.5M in the 3 years before that. His contract was structured in such a way so that he could earn more upfront (which is more valuable) and in case he retired before the 2012-13 season.

I came on here to post exactly this. People are making it sound like he was playing for free his whole career. The guy has banked at least $50 million in his career. It's pretty simple, he's not a $6 million a year player anymore. If he wants to leave for a big pay cheque then so be it, best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I came on here to post exactly this. People are making it sound like he was playing for free his whole career. The guy has banked at least $50 million in his career. It's pretty simple, he's not a $6 million a year player anymore. If he wants to leave for a big pay cheque then so be it, best of luck to him wherever he goes.

I don't think he will get 6 million anywhere too be honest.

Oct 10, 2010
And $3M seems like a bit of a low ball offer, it sucks that we have a stupid budget because i don't think we'd be doing that to him (if the report is true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad