2013 Draft Thread

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Just to confirm , Daniel Sprong is not at the draft. He's been in contact with Gordie and says he'll report this season. He's been tweeting Rocket prospects , saying " see you in camp" . Islander fans should be happy.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
Very good move on their part. Bell is a very solid player and arguably top 5 talent in this draft. It probably wasn't in their plans but when he slipped that far pulled the trigger and made a trade work. I think it'll benefit them. This year's draft is fairly deep and they likely wouldn't get a player of his calibre with their pick next season. Not to mention a year of development.

Definitely sounds like a positive move forward for the team then. I think this off-season is the most important in our re-build so getting two first rounders - even if we have to trade Roy - is a good sign. As long as that 1st in '14 isn't a lottery pick again, which it shouldn't be.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I said a long time ago he would slide..,,

Not this much

More than likely Noel and Deschenes are the first 2. Noel i think will go earlier than Deschenes.

I would not be shocked one bit if Deschenes slips to the second round.

^^ see ;)

He is sliding because of his give a **** factor though. Everyone figured that but I assumed a team would take a chance in the first round seeing as how many teams had 3 picks lol

Moncton @ 44 maybe? Nope

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Not this much

^^ see ;)

He is sliding because of his give a **** factor though. Everyone figured that but I assumed a team would take a chance in the first round seeing as how many teams had 3 picks lol

Moncton @ 44 maybe?

I can tell you of the teams i have talked to here at the draft, many were less than enthusiastic about his interviews and how he came across in those interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad