2013 Draft Thread

St John Dogness

Jun 19, 2013
Make that 4..

Who the hell is Richard ??

I wanted Booth or Deschenes.. So much for that.

Why would you know Deschenes and not Richard? If you followed the NB-PEI Midget AAA (same league as Deschenes) you would know he finished 2nd in scoring regular season. Then light it up in the playoffs. 30 points in 9 games. How can you not know of him... Deschenes is average at best. You didn't notice him on his Fredericton team never mind the league.

hockey4life13

May 2, 2011
you dont follow that league, yet you know (and wanted) Deschenes, who was Very, Very, Very average in that league. Thats odd :)

Deschenes finished 2nd in that league for defense as a 15 year old, 2 points behind the leader and 1 game less. That is very very very average. IMO that is clearly above average.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Deschenes finished 2nd in that league for defense as a 15 year old, 2 points behind the leader and 1 game less. That is very very very average. IMO that is clearly above average.

If you watched him much the past 2 seasons and you can still say he played above average this season...you must see something i havent seen in the 40+ times i saw him play in 2 seasons. Its about much more than points isnt it ? Or are players evaluated strictly on points?

hockey4life13

May 2, 2011
If you watched him much the past 2 seasons and you can still say he played above average this season...you must see something i havent seen in the 40+ times i saw him play in 2 seasons. Its about much more than points isnt it ? Or are players evaluated strictly on points?

When you make a statement that a kid is Very Very Very average in a league and he finished 2nd in points for that league it is a false statement. You seem to be very negative on him , he was 1 of 3 NB players to make the u17 , one of 2 underage kids , played 1st power play on that team and saw plenty of ice. This in a year where in your opinion he was very very very average, again this accomplishment is clearly above average. I have seen him play far more than the past 2 seasons and your right, i'm seeing something very very very different than you. Players are not evaluated strictly on points , as a defense any idea of his plus / minus I doubt it. He will play plenty this year in the Q and evolve to be a top D man in that league IMO.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
When you make a statement that a kid is Very Very Very average in a league and he finished 2nd in points for that league it is a false statement. You seem to be very negative on him , he was 1 of 3 NB players to make the u17 , one of 2 underage kids , played 1st power play on that team and saw plenty of ice. This in a year where in your opinion he was very very very average, again this accomplishment is clearly above average. I have seen him play far more than the past 2 seasons and your right, i'm seeing something very very very different than you. Players are not evaluated strictly on points , as a defense any idea of his plus / minus I doubt it. He will play plenty this year in the Q and evolve to be a top D man in that league IMO.

Thats fine. Were all allowed our own opinions. I respect yours, my view is different based on the 40+ games i have watched. Some people im sure feel the same way as you do about him, and some feel the same way i do - as his drop in the draft indicates.

Having said all that, i still wish him nothing but success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad