Prospect Info: 2013 Draft Part II: All Aboard the Nichushkin Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
They're definitely playing some serious games with that pick. No MacKinnon or Jones at 1? Is Barkov's stock that high at this point, to go 1?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
There's a world of difference between not telling him he's their pick, and telling him he's not their pick. Wouldn't be that surprised if they drafted Jones, but I think they take Mac.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
There's a world of difference between not telling him he's their pick, and telling him he's not their pick. Wouldn't be that surprised if they drafted Jones, but I think they take Mac.

Agh. I should learn how to read. Definitely thought it said they told him he's not their guy.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
But yeah, gotta agree, it's all head games. I still say they came out with the statement about Jones in order to pressure Florida to trade up.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Yeah but chip has 2 or 3 articles on Nichuskin alone about how the canes are high on him, Chip has some inside info lol

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yeah it think it's nichushkin, lindholm, or ristolainen if we drop based on the profiles. Could be smoke blowing of course.

I'm having a last minute crush on lindholm. I think he may be a very good and safe pick. He's a very talented playmaker with quickness, I think that would a real nice compliment to what we have. We lack true passers, guys who set others up with time and space. We'd be a better team, though his size may make us wait a little for him to realize his potential.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm having a last minute crush on lindholm. I think he may be a very good and safe pick. He's a very talented playmaker with quickness, I think that would a real nice compliment to what we have. We lack true passers, guys who set others up with time and space. We'd be a better team, though his size may make us wait a little for him to realize his potential.

Same here. Also like that he is reported to be a very hard worker, never gives up on a play, etc.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
Same here. Also like that he is reported to be a very hard worker, never gives up on a play, etc.

Samesies... Canes seem high on him too, compared him to MacKinnon. Stock has really risen recently, definitely one of the least volatile rankers. A few have him above Barkov, McKeens does and they are one of my favorites. I'd take him at 5 if Nich, Lindholm, and Monahan were on the board. Nich being a close 2nd.

Although i expect a crazy shakeup somewhere resulting in one of Barkov or Drouin falling to 5. Whether that is TB taking Nich at 3, Nashville or even Florida taking Monahan or Lindholm at 4/2, something weird will happen.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Lindholm has always been my 2nd choice behind Barkov. But truthfully I'd be happy with Lindholm or Monahan, but I'm hoping Lindholm if Barkov isn't there. I wouldn't mind Nichushkin either, I'm just not as high on him as some people.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
To Philly:
5th + McBain

To Car:
11th + 41+ Coburn

Then we can get Zadorov or Rist, then in the 2nd stock up Heatherington / De La Rose / Theodore.

Then in a couple of years we will be looking at:

Faulk / Zadorov
Coburn / Heatherington
Harrison / Murphy
Theodore

Hmmm.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'd be down with that.

But if we do that, I don't think we go with a defenseman at #11. Think we go with someone like Domi, Shinkaruk or Horvat.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Domi/Horvat, Coburn, dumping McBain and adding a second 2nd round pick would be amazing, but I don't think Philly is that desperate to move up.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Prob so. Domi most likely, they seemed to like him.

Oh no doubt! It's a bloodlines thing.

But I'd consider grabbing Mantha if we get into the 11 range. We need wingers, the guy is huge and he is the best pure goal scorer in the whole draft. A hell of a combination.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Coburn brings a lot of what we need, although It'd be nice to add another physical defenseman if possible. Something around McBain and the 5th for Coburn and the 11th would be a good deal. If we do end up trading down to that spot, I'd be happy with Shinkaruk, Ristolainen, Zadorov, or Morin. Though on the smaller side, Shinkaruk would be a good playmaker, something we need. And any of those defenseman will bring size, toughness, and physicality.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Don't care who we pick, as long as JR doesn't go completely off the board.

Though I will be a little more disappointed if he takes Monahan/a defenseman not named Jones if Nich/Lindholm/etc are available.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
Monahan is fine, would have gone top-3 the past 3 years easily and has elite playmaking 2C upside. I just think Lindholm and Nichushkin both have more 1st line, 70-80 point upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad