2013 CHL Top Prospects Game: Bjorkstrand looks to display talent on bigger stage

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The NA/Danish-things is doing a lot better than the Swedish/Danish projects we have going. Ones turned out to be a DEL'er and the other chose to be Swedish :amazed:

Nick was such a dissapointment :shakehead

Maybe, we need to introduce the Slavik player's even more to danish women? And finally get our first Danish/Russian-Slovak-Czech Wonder?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Naaaah, by that time, global cooling will have commenced again :sarcasm:

Haha that might be a better idea, let's get more N/A player's to Denmark, so they can have N/A/Danish children, retire and teach them hockey, so they can grow up to become superstars..

Geez, ill be old by that time, but at least I might be alive :D

Global cooling was back in 2008, its yesterdays news :laugh: - but as they say in Game of Thrones: Winter will come. Iceages are always just around the corner up here in Denmark and we are going north!

Well unless im shortlived i plan to live at least one more generation :laugh: but only mix people if their children actually end up being danish :D
Losing danish produced players - Truhno jr. (Russian) - or halfdanish players - Nick Sørensen (Sweden) - hurts our little depth production.

Edit: Who is the DEL player mentioned???

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Global cooling was back in 2008, its yesterdays news :laugh: - but as they say in Game of Thrones: Winter will come. Iceages are always just around the corner up here in Denmark and we are going north!

Well unless im shortlived i plan to live at least one more generation :laugh: but only mix people if their children actually end up being danish :D
Losing danish produced players - Truhno jr. (Russian) - or halfdanish players - Nick Sørensen (Sweden) - hurts our little depth production.

Haha well we could always push it there ourselves :D

Hopefully so!

I don't know of any DEL player only Jesper in Allsvenskan?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

Jesper Jensen has moved on.. my bad :D

How about if André Burakowsky had been raised in Rødovre instead of Malmø? Think of the draft we could have been bound for: Nick Sorensen, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Andre Burakowsky!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

How about if André Burakowsky had been raised in Rødovre instead of Malmø? Think of the draft we could have been bound for: Nick Sorensen, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Andre Burakowsky!

Don't even get me thinking about that !!!!

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Stealing the children of foreign players who have played in Denmark - yet still we are not producing d-men and goaltenders. WE MUST BE CURSED! :help:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Oh yeah totally forgot about him...........
So its two players that chose to be swedish....is it the lure of WASA-knækbrød or whats going on. Rugbrød, leverpostej and øllebrød not tasty enough :sarcasm:
These three would certainly have made us prospect-crrrrazy

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Stealing the children of foreign players who have played in Denmark - yet still we are not producing d-men and goaltenders. WE MUST BE CURSED! :help:

Actually... Who's Patrick Galbraith's dad again :sarcasm:

Oh yeah totally forgot about him...........
So its two players that chose to be swedish....is it the lure of WASA-knækbrød or whats going on. Rugbrød, leverpostej and øllebrød not tasty enough :sarcasm:
These three would certainly have made us prospect-crrrrazy

Don't think he was given the choice. I'm guessing Robert and family lived in Malmø during the time in Rødovre and perhaps even the Aalborg-time.

But those three would do something about our depth. IF Mads Eller gets drafted that would have been four Danes in one draft. Many years till that will happen :shakehead

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
But those three would do something about our depth. IF Mads Eller gets drafted that would have been four Danes in one draft. Many years till that will happen :shakehead

Actually only three danes feature on the newest draft rankings.

Oliver Bjørkstrand as 29 at the CSS midterm ranking - north american players
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

Mads Eller as 77 and Matthias Asperup as 83 - international players.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85616

(Nick Sørensen as 27 NA players; Andre Burakovsky is 5'th !! international players).

It will be very lucky if Eller or Asperup goes as a 7'th round pick.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Don't think Asperup will be anywhere near a draft spot. Eller had some nice early rankings which is why I'm speculating some team might take a flyer on him in a late round.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Don't think Asperup will be anywhere near a draft spot. Eller had some nice early rankings which is why I'm speculating some team might take a flyer on him in a late round.

Actually I really doubt any of them will be taken...their point production are nothing spectacular. I dont think many teams will look to Europe for 4'th line grinder players (Jannik Hansen is really an exception here, because thats why he got taken as a 9'th round pick), so unless they have spectacular 3rd line defensive skills like Frans Nielsen they wont be considered.
Then I havent seen them play, so maybe they have some potential that can be worked on?
Asperup is also small, which will be even more against him. Mads Eller has more size and bulk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad