2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

odhaguy

Aug 6, 2007
Ryan Faragher of St. Cloud is a very solid NCAA D-1 goalie who attended Rangers development camp last summer. He has a year of eligibility left but has said he will turn pro if right offer is there. There are plenty of other NCAA free agent goalies that are solid options as well.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
The idea of a nepotism pick is incredibly stupid, unless it's something blatantly obvious like the Islanders taking Cody Rosen. Guys like Sather, Gordie, Gorton, Schoenfeld, and the other scouts have been in the business for a million years and have been a part of a thousand different organizations. Chances are one person is either related to or friends with or former co-workers with someone connected to 50% of the players we draft.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm done watching the Hartford Butt Crap this season... they ARE the worst team in the AHL. Super Pissed right now.

Eh, they have some good parts. That first line is playing very well. Allen, Hughes is ok too.

Basically the first line (Borque/Miller/Fast) played well and the fourth line (Beach/Yogan/Vaive) had some good shifts. Rest of the team wasn't good.

Lindberg and Allen didn't have great game.

Aaron Johnson is brutal.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Eh, they have some good parts. That first line is playing very well. Allen, Hughes is ok too.

Basically the first line (Borque/Miller/Fast) played well and the fourth line (Beach/Yogan/Vaive) had some good shifts. Rest of the team wasn't good.

Lindberg and Allen didn't have great game.

Aaron Johnson is brutal.

Syvret and Johnson are god aweful. Bourque is the only one that hustles every shift, so does Miller but he doesnt use his linemates at all...

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
And honestly, McIlrath's future ain't too bright unless if someone kicks him in the rear and tells him to get a grip and not be out of position all the time, handle the puck like a thermonuclear bomb and works on speed and decision making.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
And honestly, McIlrath's future ain't too bright unless if someone kicks him in the rear and tells him to get a grip and not be out of position all the time, handle the puck like a thermonuclear bomb and works on speed and decision making.

Oh god, no don't say this out loud.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The idea of a nepotism pick is incredibly stupid, unless it's something blatantly obvious like the Islanders taking Cody Rosen. Guys like Sather, Gordie, Gorton, Schoenfeld, and the other scouts have been in the business for a million years and have been a part of a thousand different organizations. Chances are one person is either related to or friends with or former co-workers with someone connected to 50% of the players we draft.

Agree, nepotism will get you as far as an invite to rookie camp. This isn't the Knicks signing that guys younger brother for the roster.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I was thinking of writing something clever. Instead I'll just say we passed on 2 Olympians from 2 top hockey countries for a guy that MIGHT be a decent top 4 defenseman if everything breaks well for him. Both Olympians are playing key roles on top NHL teams that most would agree are better than us. Both Olympians were pretty much accepted as better picks at the time too.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT

He's improved all of those things 10 fold since he entered the ahl.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

You're just a hater, you don't watch games.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If this season doesn't get Gernander fired, then nothing will.

I doubt it. The organization really likes him. He's a company man. He's had so much roster turnover, guys on PTOs, and different lineups to shuffle through. Plus some awful goaltending for the first three months of the season.

The Pack haven't been that bad since December, more like a .500 team.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Jim Shoenfeld... He's the one hooking the Pack up with useless PTOs, Kyle Beach etc.

I'd also point at the current goaltending. The Rangers need a legitamate no. 1 AHL goalie. Someone like a Decanich or Labarbra. Let the prospects develop in a winning environment, and get used to having a great goalie in front of them.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'd also point at the current goaltending. The Rangers need a legitamate no. 1 AHL goalie. Someone like a Decanich or Labarbra. Let the prospects develop in a winning environment, and get used to having a great goalie in front of them.

Dov has been exactly the guy you're describing since they acquired him.

The 3rd and 4th lines and bottom 4 defense, on the other hand...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Dov has been exactly the guy you're describing since they acquired him.

The 3rd and 4th lines and bottom 4 defense, on the other hand...

Yeah I don't think Dov and LeNeveu have played poorly at all, mostly quite the opposite.

Agree about the bottom-6 and D as well.

Punxrocknyc19*

they need a young prospect in net.. someone with some potential.. their is not much after Hank and Talbot.. Kings have that depth, so do the Ducks.. id like to get my hands on Frederik Andersen, someone like that.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
they need a young prospect in net.. someone with some potential.. their is not much after Hank and Talbot.. Kings have that depth, so do the Ducks.. id like to get my hands on Frederik Andersen, someone like that.

Skapski may just be the guy you're looking for. Wouldn't be upset if they spent another 5th or 6th round pick on a goalie, but no 1sts or 2nds, please.

Punxrocknyc19*

Skapski may just be the guy you're looking for. Wouldn't be upset if they spent another 5th or 6th round pick on a goalie, but no 1sts or 2nds, please.

how about drafting a goalie from europe from the SEL or Finnish league or trading with a team that has quantity depth in net at the prospect level?? Rangers dont need someone to be rushed, so they can stay in europe for a few seasons...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Scott Stajcer was brought back up from Gwinnett (ECHL) to Hartford. There was no corresponding move with LeNeveu or Grumet-Morris, so I don't know what the point is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad