League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Maybe i'm wrong with this but LA aren't really a great possession team, and those are pretty terrible stats for their top-2 D's considering they aren't exactly a team that constantly has the puck and dominates the play.

Hjalmarsson i brought up there because he is not really either puck-moving or offensive D, and his ratios are considerably worse than any other Hawks D's.

Also news just broke out that Trotz will not continue as the Predators coach.

As Liberation said LA is a strong team in that regard and Doughty is their #1Dman.

Offensive dmen or Puck moving Dmen take more risks because they can. Because they have a chance of making the play. Guys like Erskine would and should never take the risks they do.

Because of that they do turn it over more.

But they make a HECKUVA lot more plays as well.

Everyonce in a blue moon you'll have a guy like Lidstrom who makes plays and rarely turns it over. They go right to the HOF.

Caps fans should know. Murphy, Hatcher, Gonchar and Green all fit or have fit this type of player. To get rewarded you have to take risks.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN
Boy: Ryan McDonagh 6 years, $28.2 mil. Andrew MacDonald 6 years, $30 mil ... Bravo, Glen Sather & Jeff Gorton. Bravo

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Holmgren don't care.

He figures the league will find a way to bail him out like its always done in the past (like the last CBA).

I thought the Lecavalier deal was bad....Holmgren keeps upping the ante.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Meh. The didn't have to buy out all UFA years in McDonagh's case, so it's not really applicable.

I'm not a massive fan of MacDonald, but if he's taking Timonen's ice time, $5M/year isn't bad at all, and the term only takes him to age 33.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Holmgren don't care.

He figures the league will find a way to bail him out like its always done in the past (like the last CBA).

I thought the Lecavalier deal was bad....Holmgren keeps upping the ante.

booyah!

ibjXZBxIyHklUu.gif

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Haha good one Choke.

But really....how much better is MacDonald than Hillen??? Neither have broken 30pts. They are about the same age, build and play similar games.

MacDonald got pressed into a front line role with the Isles (and pretty much got massacred possession wise) and made a "name" for himself. They are actually very similar players.

Maybe there is something I am missing and I need to watch him even more. But nothing about him screams 30 million to me. Nothing.

GP 314 17+76 -21 155PIMs
GP 266 13+53 -8 147PIMs

Halpysback*

I'd have loved Amac here for that term & price. Just what we need next to Green/Orlov.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Amacs teams have all performed better with him off the ice than on it.... terrible deal

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Pretty much right on the money. Watch him be a playoff MVP, lol.

Haha doubt that. :)

Its just another Holmgren maniacal signing.

He has a history of handing out insane deals and then scrambling to get out of them.

Hillen for about $1 million is approximately 1574x better than MacDonald at $5 mil x 6.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Anyone doing a NHL.com bracket?

The west is brutal.

I am, and you're right.. I'm stuck on my decision.

I'm down to SJ vs STL for conf finals and I can't make a decision. Went with Boston over Pitt in East.

The more I look at it the more I second guess every decision I've made, going with sharks / bruins finals.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I think any of Anaheim, San Jose, St Louis and Chicago could win the Cup. But I think they're all going to murder each other and Boston will wind up the winner.

yep, i picked boston over sharks here.. boston did win twice against SJ this season as well.

Its a total crap shoot like you said its going to be a great playoffs even though we didn't make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad