League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
The problem with the team is that it is all centered around a selfish Russian floater and a guy who is too lazy to shoot the puck when he clearly has talents in that area. D is not even a priority. Coaching is not the problem, the team composition is, I've been saying that for years.

Can't say I agree there at all. Coaching and lack of D are the main problems, IMO.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So, who we rooting for in the playoffs?

My list:
#1 - Bruce Boudreau
#2 - Anyone playing the Penguins
#3 - Anyone playing the Flyers
#4 - Colorado, probably
#5 - Daniel Alfredsson, I guess
#6 - Jonathan Quick helped me win some fantasy championships, so more cups for him would be nice. Also Richards/Carter winning another one would be lovely to shove in the face of obnoxious Flyers fans.
#7 - **** it, why is this list this long? Uhhh... I guess I could live with another Chicago cup?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Avs
Whoever's playing the Rangers
Whoever's playing the Flyers
Whoever's playing the Penguins
Sharks
Whatever Canadian team is left standing
Whoever's playing the Blues
Ducks

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

My list:
#1 - Bruce Boudreau
#4 - Colorado, probably
#6 - Jonathan Quick helped me win some fantasy championships, so more cups for him would be nice. Also Richards/Carter winning another one would be lovely to shove in the face of obnoxious Flyers fans.
#7 - **** it, why is this list this long? Uhhh... I guess I could live with another Chicago cup?

Don't really care that much, but:

1. Boudreau's Ducks
2. Varly's Avs
3. Anyone playing the Flyers
4. Anyone playing the Penguins
5. Anyone playing the Rangers

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

My list:
#1 - Bruce Boudreau
#4 - Colorado, probably

Mirror image of the Caps team.

Boston Bruins.

InfernalDark*

847395794.gif

:lol:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Jackets. I like underdogs.

I'm moving on to my outdoor hobbies, but I get to watch the Dodgers contend. I always watch the first round of playoffs, so I will be watching the Jackets/Bruins series and Western Conference series. I like underdogs, but would like to see St Louis win mainly because the fans have suffered like Caps fans and due. Lol, sure will be awkward if I go to a Columbus game with my Caps jersey, but the fans are pretty nice. Columbus is going to be a force and very well could upset.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Sure I'm a Caps' fan but I guess I'm a hockey fan first and this should be a great playoff season with some really entertaining match ups, particularly in the west. Plus I'll get to watch things a little more objectively since I won't be distracted by the Caps.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Hi there!

Sorry to barge in, but I made bandwagon avatars for the 3-4 Caps fans who might like to support the Habs during the playoffs :yo:.

JJycrGk.gif
wLDTASh.gif

I know playoffs are still a few days away but we probably won't last long!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So St. Louis stumbles their way into Chicago in the first round. Wonder what happens there if they get bounced in the first round.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So St. Louis stumbles their way into Chicago in the first round. Wonder what happens there if they get bounced in the first round.

Ryan Miller is taken out front and hanged in effigy.

They look like any number of teams we've seen over the years. They peaked early now faltering heading into the playoffs and ripe for an upset.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I'm going to root for the Ducks or the Avs coming out of the West, but as long as no one in the East wins it I'm fine with any top 6 team in the West taking it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Some of the D's whose defensive game is considered elite sure have brutal giveaway/takeaway -ratios.

Niklas Hjalmarsson 100/21
Drew Doughty 82/16
Slava Voynov 75/16

Other players considered elite overally:
Erik Karlsson 115/68
PK Subban 83/26

I thought Mike Green turned the puck over all the time but what the ****...?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Some of the D's whose defensive game is considered elite sure have brutal giveaway/takeaway -ratios.

Niklas Hjalmarsson 100/21
Drew Doughty 82/16
Slava Voynov 75/16

Other players considered elite overally:
Erik Karlsson 115/68
PK Subban 83/26

I thought Mike Green turned the puck over all the time but what the ****...?

Guys who take risks (offensive dmen/puck movers) are going to have that happen to them. Their team HAS the puck more when they are on the ice (since they are all good players) and more specifically THEY have the puck themselves.

Its hard to get a takeaway when you or your team has the puck. But it increases the chances of a giveaway too. Especially if you aren't a "chip it off the boards" type dman which NONE of those guys are.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper
#preds coach barry trotz will not be back next year as nashville's head coach

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Guys who take risks (offensive dmen/puck movers) are going to have that happen to them. Their team HAS the puck more when they are on the ice (since they are all good players) and more specifically THEY have the puck themselves.

Its hard to get a takeaway when you or your team has the puck. But it increases the chances of a giveaway too. Especially if you aren't a "chip it off the boards" type dman which NONE of those guys are.

Maybe i'm wrong with this but LA aren't really a great possession team, and those are pretty terrible stats for their top-2 D's considering they aren't exactly a team that constantly has the puck and dominates the play.

Hjalmarsson i brought up there because he is not really either puck-moving or offensive D, and his ratios are considerably worse than any other Hawks D's.

Also news just broke out that Trotz will not continue as the Predators coach.

Liberati0n*

Maybe i'm wrong with this but LA aren't really a great possession team, and those are pretty terrible stats for their top-2 D's considering they aren't exactly a team that constantly has the puck and dominates the play.

Hjalmarsson i brought up there because he is not really either puck-moving or offensive D, and his ratios are considerably worse than any other Hawks D's.

Also news just broke out that Trotz will not continue as the Predators coach.

LA is like the second best possession team in the league or something.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
LA is like the second best possession team in the league or something.

Fair enough.

Only see the few games of them in a season and they didn't strike me as one but like i said, i could be wrong and clearly i was then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad