League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetime

Oct 28, 2006
LA
Ted Leonsis is a buffoon when it comes to ownership of a sports franchise.

I'm pretty sure he employs the absolute worst head coach... in two different professional sports leagues.

That's really hard to do.

At least he's rich.

GMGM is more likely to get an extension with this caliber of oversight at the helm.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If I were Ted, McPhee, Oates, Kolzig, and Johansson would be gone once the Columbus game ends.
Depends on how much of Oates' influence crept into Kolzig's coaching. If it was Oates who instructed Olie to change Holtby's game, I may give him a pass.

Forsyth is literally the only person of this coaching staff I want to keep.
Well you would be keeping him for the PP. He can probably do that if he's back as video coach though, provided that he's willing.
Forsythe didn't design the powerplay, it was an Oates scheme. It was almost identical to what New Jersey was doing with Kovalchuk while Oates was there. Forsythe just managed it for Oates.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

I'm pretty sure he employs the absolute worst head coach... in two different professional sports leagues.

GMGM is more likely to get an extension.

Atleast the Wizards have made the playoffs

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005

GMGM is more likely to get an extension.

Ted's like a fly by night salesman. He's really great at talking up his substandard product, making excuses when logical questions are raised, and cashing in big before the dung hits the fan. He's the AOL "Music Man" peddling BS the moment he gets into town.

I honestly hope he goes at it with another fan or gets caught doing some illegal scheme so the league can just dump him.

Liberati0n*

Forsythe didn't design the powerplay, it was an Oates scheme. It was almost identical to what New Jersey was doing with Kovalchuk while Oates was there. Forsythe just managed it for Oates.

I know that (and have been trying to explain it to people here), but having managed it Forsythe knows how to continue doing so.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Apparently Trotz might not be returning to Nashville. I still prefer Laviolette, but Trotz would be an interesting change of culture guy.

Zorak

Dec 19, 2007
Current PP is designed by Oates, I'm pretty sure it will be gone once the coach is gone. New coach - new ideas for everything, including power play. Isn't this kind of obvious? I mean, do you know a single case where a new coach kept parts of the old system intact?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Current PP is designed by Oates, I'm pretty sure it will be gone once the coach is gone. New coach - new ideas for everything, including power play. Isn't this kind of obvious? I mean, do you know a single case where a new coach kept parts of the old system intact?

What kind of ****ing idiot would get rid of a PP thats been far above 20% for 2 years in a row and teams profess they haven't a ****ing idea about how to shut it down?

aquablue

May 4, 2010
5 year plan # 2 coming up.

The problem with the team is that it is all centered around a selfish Russian floater and a guy who is too lazy to shoot the puck when he clearly has talents in that area. D is not even a priority. Coaching is not the problem, the team composition is, I've been saying that for years.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
If you don't fire McPhee, the team is never going to win a cup. Is this a very obvious statement?

Even my cat is face palming.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Oates is formulating a plan on how to steal the maximum amount of office supplies before getting fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad