League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
It's been obvious our season has been over for a couple of weeks but with cbj winning tonight I think even the most zealous supporter needs to admit our hopes are done for.

Errr Columbus' magic number is 4.

And I don't think there's been anyone here getting their hopes up.

Oh yeah and Toronto eliminated, feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
It's been obvious our season has been over for a couple of weeks but with cbj winning tonight I think even the most zealous supporter needs to admit our hopes are done for.

The season was over after the Dallas implosion and fingers being pointed by the coach.

Its about going down in glory these last few games more than anything and that is hard to do with how poorly we are coached.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
This season was over months ago. This is a lottery team with a bunch of shootout points.

30. BUF - 14 ROW
29. FLA - 20 ROW
28. EDM - 24 ROW
27. NYI - 24 ROW
26. WAS - 25 ROW
25. CAL - 27 ROW
24. WPG - 28 ROW
23. OTT - 28 ROW

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This season was over months ago. This is a lottery team with a bunch of shootout points.

30. BUF - 14 ROW
29. FLA - 20 ROW
28. EDM - 24 ROW
27. NYI - 24 ROW
26. WAS - 25 ROW
25. CAL - 27 ROW
24. WPG - 28 ROW
23. OTT - 28 ROW

this. another reason to hate the ****ing shootout. sugar-coats the fail.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Polyannaishly speaking - Cbus has to play their last 4 games over 5 nights, and the last 3 are roadies. They have Phoenix tonight, in Dallas tomorrow (where they start w/a 1-0 lead), Tampa Bay Friday and Florida Saturday.

An OT loss and a loss over the next 2 nights, and then a split in Fla is not out of the ordinary (1-2-1), which means Caps could get in if they go 4-0.

Problem is, every time I watch Columbus, they look really hard to play against: hard on puck, tough against boards and in corners, don't surrunder huge gobs of territory, demonstrate an ability to break out of the zone by have D-men make passes to the tape of forward that are moving to open spots on the ice, actual possessing of the puck - you know all the things the Caps don't or won't do.

So there's no point in even being Pollyanna-ish: the Jackets do the things that need to be done to make the playoffs, the Caps don't. As plucky and overachieving as they are, I can't see the Jackets doing very much in the playoffs - I suspect they'll have trouble scoring goals, they're young and apt to make mistakes and Bob's not the most reliable goalie even though he's been playing well.

But Yeezus, at the least they show some moxie. The Caps have played like Team Qualuude down the stretch.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Polyannaishly speaking - Cbus has to play their last 4 games over 5 nights, and the last 3 are roadies. They have Phoenix tonight, in Dallas tomorrow (where they start w/a 1-0 lead), Tampa Bay Friday and Florida Saturday.

An OT loss and a loss over the next 2 nights, and then a split in Fla is not out of the ordinary (1-2-1), which means Caps could get in if they go 4-0.

Problem is, every time I watch Columbus, they look really hard to play against: hard on puck, tough against boards and in corners, don't surrunder huge gobs of territory, demonstrate an ability to break out of the zone by have D-men make passes to the tape of forward that are moving to open spots on the ice, actual possessing of the puck - you know all the things the Caps don't or won't do.

So there's no point in even being Pollyanna-ish: the Jackets do the things that need to be done to make the playoffs, the Caps don't. As plucky and overachieving as they are, I can't see the Jackets doing very much in the playoffs - I suspect they'll have trouble scoring goals, they're young and apt to make mistakes and Bob's not the most reliable goalie even though he's been playing well.

But Yeezus, at the least they show some moxie. The Caps have played like Team Qualuude down the stretch.

Nice thought. But the Jackets win again (good for them), so now they only need 2 pts outta 6 games to earn the slot. My guess is they do it tomorrow night against the Stars. Worst case, last game versus Florida. Panthers are awful.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@markhmasters: Where did season get away from Leafs? Jay McClement: "In Washington"; that's when 8-game skid started

Well, there's that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad